Author Topic: Attendance/Ticket Sales this leg?  (Read 2329 times)

Offline jerzydevil

Attendance/Ticket Sales this leg?
« on: October 04, 2019, 12:55:03 PM »
Just curious what the crowds have been like so far on this leg.  Based on ticket sales, the venues all look like they're at least half empty.  I'm seeing them in Mesa and there are currently 600 seats left in a 1600 seat venue.  That venue/city always sells out, so the lack of interest is disconcerting.  I'm guessing it's because they didn't change up the set list at all.  Has this altered the experience of seeing them live at all? 

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Attendance/Ticket Sales this leg?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 01:15:40 AM »
Baltimore....lower level:  85% (watched the final thirty minutes of the first set in the back rows).  Mezzanine:  90%.  Balcony (where I decided to watch in the upper reaches):  20%.  The back fifteen rows had maybe five people.

But....I enjoyed it more than the sold out TA show.  Went to the basically sold out DC show in April.  I am sure many didn't feel like seeing the same concert again.  Sadly, they missed the band in great form, JLB in great voice, and AWE was worth sticking around for.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline jerzydevil

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 06:57:55 PM »
This was 2 minutes before showtime tonight in Raleigh.   :o

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 10:54:12 PM »

There was a traffic jam on the way to the venue. I wonder how many were affected by that. My dad and I were. We got to our seats just before the lights went down. I remember looking out a couple times during the show when they'd light the audience and the lower level was pretty well packed. The upper level wasn't very full. At one point, I looked up at where I sat for IW&B two years ago. That section was empty.
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 08:26:55 AM »
Stifel Theater in St. Louis holds 3,100. I would say there was 1800-2000 people there for the show.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 11:34:14 AM »

*snip*

There was a traffic jam on the way to the venue.

Based on that picture, I don't think that was it. The spread of the crowd is too predictable. If traffic was the leading culprit, different sections of the venue should be equally sparse, no?

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 05:26:07 PM »
yet I can't get a good ticket for October 11th...  :'(

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2019, 10:16:18 AM »

*snip*

Based on that picture, I don't think that was it. The spread of the crowd is too predictable. If traffic was the leading culprit, different sections of the venue should be equally sparse, no?

Probably. I wonder how many were actually affected by traffic other than me. Probably not many, if anyone else. There were other events in the area too but how many DT fans are going to see Zed or the NC Symphony over DT? 😁
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2019, 11:34:11 AM »

*snip*

Probably. I wonder how many were actually affected by traffic other than me. Probably not many, if anyone else. There were other events in the area too but how many DT fans are going to see Zed or the NC Symphony over DT? 😁
I know at least one member of this forum was at the Symphony that night lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2019, 06:00:46 PM »
About 75% full tonight right before the show.

Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2019, 07:21:45 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Blokhut

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2019, 02:19:05 AM »
Got myself tickets for the Amsterdam show (january 11th) and the London Apollo show (22 feb). I wonder if they'll do something special in London.  ::)