Author Topic: The Walking Dead - TWD / Fear TWD / The World Beyond  (Read 12837 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: The Walking Dead - TWD / Fear TWD / The World Beyond
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2022, 11:58:49 PM »
Yeah…..it was alright. The painted themselves into a corner by not having Rick or Carl around. Show was just not the same. Anyway….I’m sure I’ll watch thw
Spin-offs….I like zombie crap so why not.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2022, 12:59:46 AM »
Have to say, a good portion of this episode was better than anything in the last 3+ years, and it "ended" as good as possible after they ABSOLUTELY WRECKED the show! I even cried a bit at......'s death. That being said, hardly any of these people would have still been alive had I been writing the show! LOL As far as the whole Negan/Maggie thing (completely UNBELIEVABLE) and the Rick/Michonne thing (I NEVER bought into that AT ALL), I honestly could care less. I'll watch because, well, it's RICK F'N GRIMES MOFO, but NOT because thdey "find each other" :\ :tdwn :loser: :facepalm:

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2022, 05:51:15 AM »
I liked the Rick/Michonne ending - talking about how each character that has died has made them able to live, showing those characters and then having the surviving ones say "we're the ones who get to live."  That was really good and a nice way to honor everyone that had been in the show. 

Fear is pretty good and I'm really excited to see how Madison comes back.  I'll watch the spin off shows because I'm generally a sucker for these shows.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2022, 07:25:47 AM »
Have to say, a good portion of this episode was better than anything in the last 3+ years, and it "ended" as good as possible after they ABSOLUTELY WRECKED the show!

I think that Angela Kang did a good job of getting the show back on course.....and prior to the Common Wealth setting of the show I was on board with how she handled being handed a cluster  :censored of a show with no Rick/Carl. Where they 'lost' me was the entire story once the crew got into the Common Wealth. It was SO horribly written.....just film school level scripts, scenes, acting.....it was freaking BAD.

I even cried a bit at......'s death.

While that was 'sad'.....should have never even gotten to that point. If the show had the balls it did when it first began her and that baby should/would have been walker food. End of story and character right there. That was such and eye rolling scene....

I liked the Rick/Michonne ending - talking about how each character that has died has made them able to live, showing those characters and then having the surviving ones say "we're the ones who get to live."  That was really good and a nice way to honor everyone that had been in the show. 

I just don't "get" what we saw with Rick....like, what is he going through there? Did he escape something and they just tracked him down? Was he intentionally being tested? It was weird. And Michonne galloping head strong into a herd of walkers? Really?  I'll watch the spin off...I'm a sucker like that

Fear is pretty good and I'm really excited to see how Madison comes back.  I'll watch the spin off shows because I'm generally a sucker for these shows.

'Fear' has had some REALLY good stretches of show and some utterly HORRIBLE stretches as well. I couldn't even finish the last stretch of episodes....it's just getting to that point TWD got where all the characters have plot armor and are 'protected' from dying. But, it has had some good things as well. I think they F'd up with the whole nuclear warhead storyline.....really weird choice there. I'm sure I'll catch up eventually on the episodes and watch the rest of that series as well.

Online Grappler

« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2022, 08:04:07 AM »

I just don't "get" what we saw with Rick....like, what is he going through there? Did he escape something and they just tracked him down? Was he intentionally being tested? It was weird. And Michonne galloping head strong into a herd of walkers? Really?  I'll watch the spin off...I'm a sucker like that

I didn't get it at first and had to read a summary of it - so I need to re-watch it.  From what I read, Rick was trying to escape or leave clues behind, but was caught.  He throws a bag up into a boat and smiles defiantly, as he's still the Rick that we know and isn't broken from being imprisoned.

Michonne had that same bag that Rick threw, so she's closely on his trail and found what he left in the boat.  Apparently their series will tell the story of how she gets that samurai-looking armor.

'Fear' has had some REALLY good stretches of show and some utterly HORRIBLE stretches as well. I couldn't even finish the last stretch of episodes....it's just getting to that point TWD got where all the characters have plot armor and are 'protected' from dying. But, it has had some good things as well. I think they F'd up with the whole nuclear warhead storyline.....really weird choice there. I'm sure I'll catch up eventually on the episodes and watch the rest of that series as well.

The nuclear wasteland story bothered me too and I gave up on the last season, but left it in my DVR.  When they announced that Madison was coming back, I re-watched the season so I could be caught up.  It slogged on, but it is what it is.  I love Kim Dickens, so I'll keep watching.  It helped that I could just blast through the episodes and not have to wait from week to week.

Online Grappler

« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2022, 12:54:07 PM »
I just came across this - need to rewatch the episode, but it helps to understand the Rick/Michonne ending:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_We_Become_(The_Walking_Dead)
Virgil shows Michonne a room full of scavenged gear, and she recognizes Rick's boots among the items. She demands to know where Virgil found them, and he takes her to a nearby beached military boat. The two of them board the vessel and, among other equipment, Michonne finds a cell phone etched with Rick's name and a drawing of her and Judith, along with a log book indicating Rick may be alive near New Jersey.

In the episode where Michonne leaves the series and sets off to find Rick in Season 10, she finds the bag that Rick threw up there during those final scenes in the finale. 

In the finale, the Michonne scenes would have then been in real time with the series, but the Rick scenes would have been a bit of a flashback to him throwing the bag up on the boat, taking us back to that moment.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2024, 10:01:30 AM »
This new Walking Dead spinoff.....The Ones Who Live....that follows Rick and Michonne has actually been pretty good. Don't know if anyone else is still on TWD train as far as the shows. The Daryl Dixon spinoff was actually pretty solid as well and they have 'the Book of Carol' coming out this summer....there for a bit it was so oversaturated and the stories were lame. But...last couple shows have at least not totally sucked.

Online faizoff

« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2024, 11:51:44 AM »
I was going to update this thread a few days ago, but didn't get round to it. I watched the Daryl Dixon show and really liked it. It could have been cleaned up a little and made a bit smoother but overall it was still good. I really liked all the story elements and characters just wished it was executed a little better.

I haven't watched the Rick show yet but will do when the season is done, it's a lot more enjoyable that way.

My wife had an itching to watch the main series again when we dropped it back on episode 2 of season 8. She plowed through them all I watched an episode here and there and she filled me in the gaps. I found it a lot easier to digest it that way.

I haven't checked out any of the other shows, might watch the Maggie and Negan one as it's a few episodes only.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2024, 04:56:51 PM »
I was going to update this thread a few days ago, but didn't get round to it. I watched the Daryl Dixon show and really liked it. It could have been cleaned up a little and made a bit smoother but overall it was still good. I really liked all the story elements and characters just wished it was executed a little better.

I haven't watched the Rick show yet but will do when the season is done, it's a lot more enjoyable that way.

My wife had an itching to watch the main series again when we dropped it back on episode 2 of season 8. She plowed through them all I watched an episode here and there and she filled me in the gaps. I found it a lot easier to digest it that way.

I haven't checked out any of the other shows, might watch the Maggie and Negan one as it's a few episodes only.

The Maggie/Negan one is a pretty tough watch. It's cringingly bad most of the time. Still can't believe they ruined the Negan character the way they did.

The World Beyond was 'OK' as well....neat story and premise. What I couldn't finish was 'Fear the Walking Dead'. Talk about a show that was really good in spots and just utterly brutal in others. They'd go from telling a great story to then it just being like a high schooler wrote it. I just couldn't stay along with it.

Online Grappler

« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2024, 06:42:14 PM »
Dead City was ok.  The Daryl show was good and kept my interest - I liked the religious/faith aspect and being overseas.  Looking forward to the Carol series to see how those two eventually meet back up.

The Rick and Michonne show is really good so far - I'm just happy to see Rick Grimes back on tv. 

Fear the Walking Dead just fizzled out for me.  I wasn't too interested in the last few seasons, but stuck it out. 

I thought World Beyond completely sucked and stopped watching during the first season.

Online faizoff

« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2024, 06:49:13 PM »
How about the anthology series Tales of the walking dead. Anyone seen that?
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2024, 06:51:19 PM »
Watched the first episode of The Ones Who Live. Great to see Rick again.
Haven't checked out any of the other spin offs. I gave up on Fear after 3 episodes.

Online Grappler

« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2024, 06:53:40 PM »

I had zero interest in one-episode stories set in the universe.  Right now, I'd say that the only content I care about is the Daryl/Carol show and the Rick and Michonne one. 

I did like the idea of Negan having to go back to his old ways in Dead City - I don't know if that series got renewed though.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2024, 07:09:17 PM »

There were hit and miss…..mostly miss.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2024, 07:25:35 PM »
Haven't checked out any of the other spin offs. I gave up on Fear after 3 episodes.

Fear had spurts of really good storytelling and premise. But, it was just too sporadic with it.....it was schizophrenic. I gave up in I think it was S6 or 7 when a nuclear warhead was launched from a submarine that had run ashore.

Online faizoff

« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2024, 08:15:10 PM »
Sucks to hear about Dead City, was hoping it would be decent. Can't wait to check out The Ones Who Live once it's all done.

Online Grappler

« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2024, 08:51:41 PM »

Fear had spurts of really good storytelling and premise. But, it was just too sporadic with it.....it was schizophrenic. I gave up in I think it was S6 or 7 when a nuclear warhead was launched from a submarine that had run ashore.

That was when I checked out too.  Detonating nukes just seemed so dumb.  I didn't like that the main group splintered and fought against each other in the last few seasons.  The final season had a nice episode where Morgan left the show, returning to his home in Atlanta from TWD pilot episode.  I loved that.  There was also an episode with Dwight and Sherry at the Sanctuary.  But the final few seasons were pretty dull.

Sucks to hear about Dead City, was hoping it would be decent. Can't wait to check out The Ones Who Live once it's all done.

There were things I liked about the show and didn't like.  I think the big thing is the inner conflict in Negan - the plot is pulling and forcing him to become the violent showman he used to be, against his wishes.  A second season would really dive into that based on how it ended up.  But it was really just Maggie and him having to put aside differences yet again and team up against a newer bad guy, who I felt was very hokey.