General > Movies and TV

The Walking Dead - TWD / Fear TWD / The World Beyond

(1/25) > >>

gmillerdrake:
From what I gather there are only a handful of folks in the forum still watching TWD. I really liked S9 overall and like the direction Angela Kang is taking the show. I'm cautiously optimistic about how she's going to tell this next little arc of the whisperer war.....i'm hoping she keeps some of the key elements of the Graphic Novels in place as they were really cool.

New season starts this Sunday.

Grappler:
I liked season 9 and the change to a more tense, horror-oriented feeling in the show.  The season ended where I left off in the comics, and over the last two weeks I've been reading The Whisper War volumes and will eventually finish the comics over the next month or two.

So I'm looking forward to this season, despite losing Danai Gurira from the show. 

gmillerdrake:

--- Quote from: Grappler on October 04, 2019, 09:58:19 AM ---I liked season 9 and the change to a more tense, horror-oriented feeling in the show.  The season ended where I left off in the comics, and over the last two weeks I've been reading The Whisper War volumes and will eventually finish the comics over the next month or two.

So I'm looking forward to this season, despite losing Danai Gurira from the show.

--- End quote ---

Yeah. The whole 'vibe' of the show changed for the better. Kang did a real good job at that....adding the time jump and just the change of atmosphere and mood. I hope that trend continues.

As far as Guira leaving.....it's kind of bitter sweet. I feel like they've kind of neutered the Michonne character anyway so I'm not real tore up with that character leaving.....I'd like to see her get a 'good' send off though. I can't imagine they don't do anything other than kill her off. There's really no sense in keeping the potential for a return alive.

Progmetty:
To quote Michael Corleone "Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in".
I binged season 9-B last week cause I had nothing else to watch out here, I do it by skipping a minute ahead in scenes that I know -from TWD experience- are fillers, it's pretty efficient, episodes end up being 20-25 minutes on average, of actual plot progress/action scene, definitely cause I don't expect any character building.
Instant boner when I saw Tara's head on the spike, it ruined the emotional nature of the scene for me since I was genuinely happy.
I loathe the new cast members, especially Jack Black and eyebrow girl.
Negan's entire existence stopped making sense, I don't understand how he's processing all of this from he's perspective.
The only thing I like is where the story is going.

soupytwist:
It'll be interesting to see how much longer the show continues now the source material (the comic) has ended.  I know it's been renewed for Season 11, but there can't be much more left.    As for the show itself the last season was a massive improvement over anything the show had put out since they arrived at Alexandra - I was genuinely enjoying it again rather than watching from habit, so hope this trend continues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version