Author Topic: STRANGER THINGS season 4 - SPOILERS INSIDE  (Read 14543 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: STRANGER THINGS season 4
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2022, 02:33:15 PM »
Wow.  Episode 7 was just...wow.  A LOT of things tied together in a really satisfying way, going all the way to season 1.  Suddenly, nothing that has happened, nor who it happened to, nor why is random.  :clap:

Yeah, they really pulled it together nicely.

Season 2 of Sarah Connor Chronicles was kind of like that too where you had all these seemingly disparate, separate story threads going on that didn't seem like they had anything to do with each other, and then suddenly, everything came together brilliantly in the end.  I'm still bitter that they canceled that show before it finished. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2022, 02:40:33 PM »
You just had to reopen that wound, didn't you? Why don't you just tease a second season of Firefly while you're at it.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2022, 02:48:49 PM »
:lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Realm

« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2022, 04:25:12 PM »
I felt the whole Hopper/Murray/Joyce/Russia story line was really farfetched (yeah I know it is tv) and just really detracted from the rest of the show.

Once you accept the premise that someone is held captive and other people try to rescue him, it's less farfetched than the russians being able to build a damn superlab beneath a mall  :D

Ha! Yes, very true!

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2022, 08:23:20 PM »
You just had to reopen that wound, didn't you? Why don't you just tease a second season of Firefly while you're at it

STILL TOO SOON  :sadpanda: :sadpanda:
Photobucket sucks.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2022, 08:29:03 PM »
You just had to reopen that wound, didn't you? Why don't you just tease a second season of Firefly while you're at it

STILL TOO SOON  :sadpanda: :sadpanda:

:lol sorry bro....never forget the April 1st I dropped that meme at 5am and nailed everyone before they had a chance to wake up. I must've fooled half my FB timeline  :lol

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2022, 02:40:23 PM »
I think the part of season 4 that has been released is excellent. Looking forward to the final episodes!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2022, 08:36:04 PM »
Just finished Ep. 4. Slow moving but like it so far.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2022, 11:42:01 AM »

Offline faizoff

« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2022, 11:57:26 AM »
I got done watching season 4 again with the wife. She surprisingly loved it quite a bit, said it was the best season after the 1st. On 2nd viewing I really got to appreciate the plot points develop and story unfold. The longer lengths of the episode never felt boring at any point. I really can't wait for the last two parts to arrive. Good thing there are several shows to fill the gaps while we wait.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline jammindude

« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2022, 06:25:24 PM »

What am I doing wrong that this image doesn’t post???

Quote my post and you will see an imgur link in an img tag…but it just comes up blank. I don’t get what I’m doing wrong.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline jammindude

« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2022, 06:29:57 PM »
I’m not completely tech illiterate. I’m not like Tim with pop-culture references. :laugh: I actually know my way around the computer just enough to make me dangerous. But I’ve always had this problem on this forum and it baffles me

Online The Letter M

« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2022, 06:48:23 PM »

What am I doing wrong that this image doesn’t post???

Quote my post and you will see an imgur link in an img tag…but it just comes up blank. I don’t get what I’m doing wrong.

How's this? The img tags only work when you have a url that is of the image itself, i.e. ending in an image file name like jpg, gif, or png. Otherwise it won't show up. If you right-click on the picture and open it in a new tab, you should find the image url itself and not the page the image loads on like on imgur.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline jammindude

« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2022, 07:03:27 PM »
THANK YOU!!!

Ok cool. I’ll see if I can go back and fix it.

But ya…my wife legit saw these at Walmart. It’s real. We’re having two of them for dinner tonight.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2022, 07:12:16 PM »

HA!! It worked!! Thank you Marc!

These are the cut out glasses that come on the boxes.

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2022, 05:47:01 AM »
those pizzas are actually not bad.

My wife liked the Supreme one.

We also found the ST themed Doritos at Walmart the other day.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2022, 06:57:13 PM »
Spoilers below!!

Finally watched through the first 7 episodes of Season 4....

I'm amazed at how well they tied everything together. About halfway through episode 4 I turned to my wife and said I have 2 theories. The guy that was helping Eleven in the flashbacks is either One or Vecna. And then the slow reveal happened. It was amazing!

Now I have all kinds of theories about the nature and existence of the Upside-Down, now that we know why there was a portal there to begin with. Looking forward to finding out. July can't come quick enough.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2022, 02:29:01 AM »
Spoilers below!!

I'm amazed at how well they tied everything together.

Yeah I also just finished it last night and that 7th episode was really good, actually felt like the writers had a long term plan that's paying off.  Very good season overall, my only issue is the Mike, Will, Johnathon section wasn't great (really didn't like the wackiness of them at Dustin's Girlfriends house). 

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2022, 08:20:05 AM »
Spoilers below!!

I'm amazed at how well they tied everything together.

Yeah I also just finished it last night and that 7th episode was really good, actually felt like the writers had a long term plan that's paying off.  Very good season overall, my only issue is the Mike, Will, Johnathon section wasn't great (really didn't like the wackiness of them at Dustin's Girlfriends house).
I actually thought it brought a little needed lightheartedness to the story. Everything else had been so bleak up to that point.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2022, 12:23:21 PM »
OK, so when the first part of season 4 dropped, I remembered that, due to life happening and whatnot, I had never actually watched season 3.

So, I watched a recap of season 2 (since that seems SO LONG AGO now), tore through season 3, and just finished episode 7 of season 4.

THAT WAS PRETTY GOOD.

I loved the revelations in episode 7.  Still curious to see how the expatriates get out of Mother Russia.

I only have one complaint about the season, which is Holy Shit at these episode lengths!  I mean, they don't drag or anything, they aren't overly long per se, but they just aren't as convenient to my personal watching habits when they are that long.  I wanted to watch seven TV episodes, not 7 movies.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2022, 01:11:50 PM »
I only have one complaint about the season, which is Holy Shit at these episode lengths!  I mean, they don't drag or anything, they aren't overly long per se, but they just aren't as convenient to my personal watching habits when they are that long.  I wanted to watch seven TV episodes, not 7 movies.

I can see that but for me....I love it!! Especially because as you say....they don't drag, they're choc full of good stuff so it's great!! I wish all the other streaming shows would follow suite....I can't stand the 38-42 minute stuff....gimme more!!!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2022, 01:52:12 PM »

I can see that but for me....I love it!! Especially because as you say....they don't drag, they're choc full of good stuff so it's great!! I wish all the other streaming shows would follow suite....I can't stand the 38-42 minute stuff....gimme more!!!
I get that.  But with, for example, almost any other show I watch, I could watch an episode before work in the morning, and another at lunch.  Can't really do that with this season.  Just pieces of episodes at a time.  I would rather have more episodes than longer episodes.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2022, 02:01:28 PM »

I get that.  But with, for example, almost any other show I watch, I could watch an episode before work in the morning, and another at lunch.  Can't really do that with this season.  Just pieces of episodes at a time.  I would rather have more episodes than longer episodes.

I'd take that trade as well considering the abbreviated episode lengths most of the streaming shows have.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2022, 02:38:32 PM »
I don't know about abbreviated.  I know that's how the episodes are on Disney +, but most of the shows I watch on streaming services have episode lengths of close to an hour.  Long enough to where if they were shown on regular network or cable TV, the commercials would make the episodes exceed an hour.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2022, 08:57:02 AM »
EP 8 was good!!!

Online The Letter M

« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2022, 12:30:26 PM »
Wow what an ending... The countdown for Season 5 is too long. Even if it was tomorrow, one day is too long.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline faizoff

« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2022, 02:30:30 PM »
Agreed! Season 5 is going to be such a loong wait. That was an amazing ending two episodes. Fantastic stuff!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2022, 03:23:17 PM »
Total agreement..... bring it on now!!!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2022, 05:56:35 PM »
Wow what an ending... The countdown for Season 5 is too long. Even if it was tomorrow, one day is too long.

-Marc.

Agreed!

I just hope they don’t take 2+ years to deliver.

Online The Letter M

« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2022, 06:00:54 PM »

-Marc.

Agreed!

I just hope they don’t take 2+ years to deliver.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but from what I've read, Season 5 probably won't come any sooner than early 2024. So maybe at MOST two years, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't slightly more than two years.

-Marc.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2022, 06:14:10 PM »
Yeah I was anticipating it would be around that time. I think there's also a spinoff show in the works. No idea who or what it's about.

I believe they also said season 5 will be a few years into the future.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2022, 10:15:55 PM »
Finished the last two episodes…….it was alright. Judging from the comments I know I’m in the minority when it comes to the overall enthusiasm for this season. To me it’s the best season since S1 BUT…..it’s not like it blew the doors down. I think this show like a few of them out there that have a few seasons under their belt is struggling to find a good continuing story. There were some fun moments and all but for me at least it was just a middle of the road type season.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Operation: Slothcrime
« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2022, 11:29:42 PM »
Master of Puppets was released March 3rd, 1986. This season takes place in late March 1986. Eddie is a fast learner.

Really enjoyed the last two episodes.
Not a fan of Max’s fake out death. They pulled this with Hopper already and I wish they had the balls to just kill a main character other than someone like Eddie who’s obviously a one-season character.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2022, 07:25:15 AM »
Agree 10000% with your small font Metropolaris. Wasted opportunity to really up the stakes and give some backbone to the show. Instead they went with the obvious.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2022, 10:35:41 AM »
Master of Puppets was released March 3rd, 1986. This season takes place in late March 1986. Eddie is a fast learner.

Really enjoyed the last two episodes.
Not a fan of Max’s fake out death. They pulled this with Hopper already and I wish they had the balls to just kill a main character other than someone like Eddie who’s obviously a one-season character.

There were many of us who were standing in line…before the store opened…waiting for the new Metallica album on release day.

Just sayin.