Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 97369 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #2170 on: November 09, 2023, 04:44:38 AM »
A fucking Fillet-O-Fish of all things to cream over too.  Talk about a fucking troll post.

You take that back about Filet-O-Fish!   :lol

Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2171 on: November 09, 2023, 04:45:16 AM »
A fucking Fillet-O-Fish of all things to cream over too.  Talk about a fucking troll post.

It is something akin to being joyful over finding out cat food is edible.

:lol

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #2172 on: November 09, 2023, 04:48:30 AM »
Let me get this straight, years of self-deprecation, self-abuse, painfully crafting a personal brand of idiocy .... and I manage to generally post the same sense as focking ChatGPT?

Well I wouldn't go that far. There's generally less head scratching when reading a ChatGPT.

I feel quite relieved.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2173 on: November 09, 2023, 05:11:15 AM »
You guys gotta get a double filet o fish instead, that is a good sandwich.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2174 on: November 09, 2023, 06:24:51 AM »
Let me get this straight, years of self-deprecation, self-abuse, painfully crafting a personal brand of idiocy .... and I manage to generally post the same sense as focking ChatGPT?

Let's just hope ChatGPT never generates the same level of self-awareness as you have!

(That's actually meant as a pretty overt complement, and I hope you take it that way!!)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2175 on: November 09, 2023, 06:32:02 AM »
I admit to loving McDonald's. 

i like it too and i used to work there (which should mean i should be repulsed by it, lol)

I worked at a Boston Market and it never got to me, but I get what you are saying and I know it's happened for other people who have worked some restaurants in the past.

I'm a big fan of McDonald's.  I'll go there just for a coke.

As for the Filet o Fish, it's not for me, but I won't shit on it too hard.  It's an item thats been on their menu forever so you know people legit like it. I know one person who swears its the best thing on the menu  :lol But yeah, not for me.  Big Mac or Cheeseburgers with Mac sauce added is the way.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2176 on: November 09, 2023, 06:36:38 AM »

i like it too and i used to work there (which should mean i should be repulsed by it, lol)

I worked at a Boston Market and it never got to me, but I get what you are saying and I know it's happened for other people who have worked some restaurants in the past.

As for the Filet o Fish, it's not for me, but I won't shit on it too hard.  It's an item thats been on their menu forever so you know people legit like it. I know one person who swears its the best thing on the menu :lol But yeah, not for me.  Big Mac or Cheeseburgers with Mac sauce added is the way.

Is that me? Have we talked about this?  I LOVE the FoF.  It's never really my main meal, but there are times I will get a sandwich - Big Mac or QPwC - and get the FoF instead of fries.  I try not to do this too often, but when I travel it's sometimes hard to eat better.   (And won't lie; every couple months or so, my wife and I will get a craving and that will be our lunch on a Saturday).

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #2177 on: November 09, 2023, 06:42:32 AM »

Let's just hope ChatGPT never generates the same level of self-awareness as you have!

(That's actually meant as a pretty overt complement, and I hope you take it that way!!)

That was actually beautiful, Stads. Thank you.

I would blush if I weren't a program

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2178 on: November 09, 2023, 06:57:05 AM »

As for the Filet o Fish, it's not for me, but I won't shit on it too hard.  It's an item thats been on their menu forever so you know people legit like it. I know one person who swears its the best thing on the menu :lol But yeah, not for me.  Big Mac or Cheeseburgers with Mac sauce added is the way.

Is that me? Have we talked about this?  I LOVE the FoF.  It's never really my main meal, but there are times I will get a sandwich - Big Mac or QPwC - and get the FoF instead of fries.  I try not to do this too often, but when I travel it's sometimes hard to eat better.   (And won't lie; every couple months or so, my wife and I will get a craving and that will be our lunch on a Saturday).

I feel like we've talked about this before, but I was referencing one of my local friends who constantly talks about it and all my other friends are like "ewww" in response, every time  :lol

My gf and I definitely get the craving for McDonalds too.  She won't touch their beef for some reason, but love the nuggets.  I think the nuggets are just OK, I'm almost never getting those.  Fries are too good to passover to replace, but if anything I'd get a Big Mac, fries, coke, and add a cheeseburger if I want a little something extra.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2179 on: November 09, 2023, 07:21:41 AM »
I used to like McDonalds until it got crazy expensive over the last few years. I'm not paying $10+ for a quarter pounder meal. Crazy.

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #2180 on: November 09, 2023, 07:34:04 AM »

As for the Filet o Fish, it's not for me, but I won't shit on it too hard.  It's an item thats been on their menu forever so you know people legit like it. I know one person who swears its the best thing on the menu  :lol But yeah, not for me.  Big Mac or Cheeseburgers with Mac sauce added is the way.

McDonald's Fountain Coke is Jesus
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2181 on: November 09, 2023, 08:04:43 AM »
I used to like McDonalds until it got crazy expensive over the last few years. I'm not paying $10+ for a quarter pounder meal. Crazy.

It really has crept up. I blame Doordash.   No, really.  It used to be that for $6.00 you could eat until full. $12 for two.   Then Doordash came and with delivery, taxes, fees, whatever, we ordered once, two QP/C meals and it was something like $35.00.  Then I realized I'd go in to the store, and for the same order it was all of a sudden over $20.    Maybe "Blame" is a strong word, but certainly it overshadowed the reality that the underlying product was getting expensive.  (It's still cheaper than Five Guys: I was traveling home from Florida and I splurged:  medium soda, little cheeseburger, and a hot dog, no fries, and it was like $22, $23.00. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2182 on: November 09, 2023, 08:06:36 AM »
It's hard to find any meal under $10 these days.  Of course there are options, but it's limited.  I don't like spending so much on fast food either, but McDonalds isn't singled out here, it's all of them. 

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2183 on: November 09, 2023, 09:35:28 AM »
:omg:
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2184 on: November 09, 2023, 09:43:46 AM »

It really has crept up. I blame Doordash.   No, really.  It used to be that for $6.00 you could eat until full. $12 for two.   Then Doordash came and with delivery, taxes, fees, whatever, we ordered once, two QP/C meals and it was something like $35.00.  Then I realized I'd go in to the store, and for the same order it was all of a sudden over $20.    Maybe "Blame" is a strong word, but certainly it overshadowed the reality that the underlying product was getting expensive.  (It's still cheaper than Five Guys: I was traveling home from Florida and I splurged:  medium soda, little cheeseburger, and a hot dog, no fries, and it was like $22, $23.00. 
I can eat at Freddy's (or Culver's) and get a freshly made double smashburger, pretty darn good fries hot and fresh, and a soda for a little over $10. A QPC meal at McDonalds is basically the same price. Freddy's and Culvers are supposed to be a step up from fast food (and are IMO). And it's the same price. I feel like McDonald's has forgotten what it's supposed to be. Hot, greasy, salty food for cheap.

Agree about Five Guys. I ate there a couple months ago and it was $20+. Never again.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 10:04:12 AM by lordxizor »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2185 on: November 09, 2023, 09:55:31 AM »
Agree about Five Guys. I ate there a couple months ago and it was $20+. Never again.

yeah five guys is too expensive, but since its really good, its not a "never again" for me, just "once in a blue moon" type of meal. 

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #2186 on: November 09, 2023, 10:10:23 AM »
You gotta try the “Land Air and Sea”
https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/es-us/product/land-air-sea.html

NOTE: Don’t actually.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2187 on: November 09, 2023, 10:30:56 AM »

I would do almost anything once.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2188 on: November 09, 2023, 10:31:57 AM »

That that exists is horrifying.

But I won't do that.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2189 on: November 09, 2023, 10:35:55 AM »
If I'm being honest with myself, I probably would, under the correct circumstances.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2190 on: November 09, 2023, 10:41:17 AM »
"Correct circumstances" being copious amounts of alcohol?   :lol
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2191 on: November 09, 2023, 10:46:27 AM »
I'm not ruling that out.  My friend from college is a regular on buying a cheeseburger and a McChicken and combining them.  This isn't that far out of left field from that.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2192 on: November 09, 2023, 11:27:48 AM »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2193 on: November 09, 2023, 11:37:28 AM »
:omg:

Yeah, I never heard of that either.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2194 on: November 09, 2023, 11:46:26 AM »
"Correct circumstances" being copious amounts of alcohol?   :lol
That would be one possible set of circumstances.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2195 on: November 09, 2023, 12:01:14 PM »

but I won't do that

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2196 on: November 09, 2023, 03:06:21 PM »

but I won't do that

I beat you by a good hour and a half!   :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2197 on: November 09, 2023, 03:14:11 PM »
It's hard to find any meal under $10 these days.  Of course there are options, but it's limited.  I don't like spending so much on fast food either, but McDonalds isn't singled out here, it's all of them.

Pretty much.  McDonalds was always my number one go to cheat meal fast food but the amount it's increased is absurd.  I usually get a meal, an extra burger, swap the soft drink for a shake and a sundae or mcflurry.  The burgers get smaller and that much food over here almost pings me $30 Aus.  I simply can't justify that anymore, especially when you play Russian Roulette with the quality of the meal.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2198 on: November 09, 2023, 03:54:12 PM »
I occasionally will get McDonald's for lunch at work.  Using the McDonald's app, I can usually get a McDouble, medium fries and a Coke for less than $6 (the Coke is usually $1 any size).  It's slightly less meat than a Quarter Pounder, but the Mc2X is literally half the price.  There's also a Jack in the Box near my office, and I can get a Jumbo Jack combo for $8.08 plus tax (or a little more since I usually get curly fries or onion rings instead of regular fries).  I think a Double Double combo at In 'n' Out is also less than $10.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #2199 on: November 09, 2023, 05:56:51 PM »
Cookout (a fast food chain here in the southeast) is still pretty cheap. I can get a burger, 2 sides, and a drink for under $10.

« Reply #2200 on: November 09, 2023, 07:32:07 PM »
just got back from Wendy's, another great spot!! quality is their recipe, and they don't cut corners.
Welcome to the Forums!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2201 on: November 09, 2023, 07:32:55 PM »
and they don't cut corners.

They literally have a burger with four corners..
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

« Reply #2202 on: November 09, 2023, 07:34:23 PM »

Hence why I said they don't cut corners, lol
Welcome to the Forums!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2203 on: November 09, 2023, 07:35:05 PM »

:lol

They are still better than most fast food companies.   

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2204 on: November 09, 2023, 08:17:48 PM »
I can eat at Freddy's (or Culver's) and get a freshly made double smashburger, pretty darn good fries hot and fresh, and a soda for a little over $10. A QPC meal at McDonalds is basically the same price. Freddy's and Culvers are supposed to be a step up from fast food (and are IMO). And it's the same price. I feel like McDonald's has forgotten what it's supposed to be. Hot, greasy, salty food for cheap.

Never been to Freddys/Culver's but the last point hit me. I don't do fast food like I did in the 2000s, and appreciate the economy is not the same. But at 2am when I left the clubs, I wanted something easy, greasy, and cheap. The primary option was a couple $.99 chicken sandwiches from Jack in the Box. I didn't want a complex sandwich, sides, a drink, anything but a quick hit to the stomach for cheap. Jack did it best, so it was our go-to place.

Even today, for multiple reasons, McDs is at the bottom of my fast food options. I don't get the worship of their fries, or their coke.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'