Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 97320 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #2135 on: October 19, 2023, 05:25:35 PM »
Congrats!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2136 on: October 19, 2023, 05:28:49 PM »
My daughter got engaged....

To Cram??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2137 on: October 19, 2023, 05:35:11 PM »
Just up the road from me!  On her birthday no less.  That's awesome man.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2138 on: October 19, 2023, 08:04:09 PM »
RJ, from some of the stories you’ve shared with us here, this has to make you happy beyond words. 👍
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2139 on: October 20, 2023, 04:00:50 AM »
All the best to them RJ on their new adventure together. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2140 on: October 20, 2023, 04:39:00 AM »

To Cram??

:lol I thought the same thing at first.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2141 on: October 20, 2023, 07:23:34 AM »
Yay, RJ!  Congrats to you, your daughter and the lucky guy!

(Being a man that serves high level food for people, how are you at weddings?  Is it easy for you to relax at those or are you like "Fold the napkins right!  Serve from the right, you moron!!  These fingerlings are COLD!"  HAHAHAHAHAHA).

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2142 on: October 20, 2023, 08:26:48 AM »
 :lol I don't see the similarity other than a white dude

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2143 on: October 20, 2023, 09:27:20 AM »

Same.  I was like ???
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2144 on: October 20, 2023, 09:28:36 AM »

They all look alike.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2145 on: October 20, 2023, 01:14:54 PM »

Congrats man!. :heart

Offline The Great Ape

« Reply #2146 on: November 07, 2023, 12:10:11 PM »
As I faced a barrage of negative comments on an online forum, urging me to leave, my spirits were at an all-time low. Disheartened and seeking solace, I decided to take a break and grab a quick bite to eat. Little did I know that this unplanned stop at the golden arches would lead to an experience that transcended the realm of a mere meal.

The familiar scent of the salty sea drifted from the perfectly fried fish fillet. Taking the first bite, the crispy coating gave way to the tender fish inside, and an unexpected burst of flavor flooded my senses. It was as if a symphony of taste was playing on my palate – a taste that seemed like it was crafted in the heavens themselves.

Despite the chaos and negativity encircling me, the exquisite harmony of flavors in that fish filet managed to lift my spirits. With each bite, it was as if a ray of hope and comfort was infused into my being. It wasn't just the savory delight of the food; it was the unexpected joy it brought amidst a turbulent time.

The world, at that moment, seemed to fade away, and there was nothing but me and that divine fish filet. The blend of textures, the perfect balance of seasoning, and the simplicity of the meal worked wonders on my disposition.

And in that small sanctuary of a fast-food booth, I found respite and an escape from the shitstorm brewing in the digital world. The siren call of that fish filet drowned out the harsh voices of the forum, even if just for a short while.

Sometimes, it's the simple, everyday moments that have the power to transform our day. In the unlikeliest of places and in the most ordinary of meals, we can find a slice of peace and delight.

So, with gratitude to the unexpected joy found in a McDonald's Fish Filet, I left the restaurant with a lighter heart and a restored sense of resilience. As I walked away, I couldn't help but feel that maybe, just maybe, that little piece of culinary heaven was a gentle reminder that brighter days can emerge from the darkest moments.
"You know what? Enough is enough. There's enough hate in this world; there's enough frickin' negativity in this world" - James LaBrie

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2147 on: November 07, 2023, 12:16:15 PM »
This smells like result of "write an epic story of eating at McDonalds" in ChatGPT.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2148 on: November 07, 2023, 12:31:30 PM »
As I faced a barrage of negative comments on an online forum, urging me to leave, my spirits were at an all-time low. Disheartened and seeking solace, I decided to take a break and grab a quick bite to eat. Little did I know that this unplanned stop at the golden arches would lead to an experience that transcended the realm of a mere meal.

The familiar scent of the salty sea drifted from the perfectly fried fish fillet. Taking the first bite, the crispy coating gave way to the tender fish inside, and an unexpected burst of flavor flooded my senses. It was as if a symphony of taste was playing on my palate – a taste that seemed like it was crafted in the heavens themselves.

Despite the chaos and negativity encircling me, the exquisite harmony of flavors in that fish filet managed to lift my spirits. With each bite, it was as if a ray of hope and comfort was infused into my being. It wasn't just the savory delight of the food; it was the unexpected joy it brought amidst a turbulent time.

The world, at that moment, seemed to fade away, and there was nothing but me and that divine fish filet. The blend of textures, the perfect balance of seasoning, and the simplicity of the meal worked wonders on my disposition.

And in that small sanctuary of a fast-food booth, I found respite and an escape from the shitstorm brewing in the digital world. The siren call of that fish filet drowned out the harsh voices of the forum, even if just for a short while.

Sometimes, it's the simple, everyday moments that have the power to transform our day. In the unlikeliest of places and in the most ordinary of meals, we can find a slice of peace and delight.

So, with gratitude to the unexpected joy found in a McDonald's Fish Filet, I left the restaurant with a lighter heart and a restored sense of resilience. As I walked away, I couldn't help but feel that maybe, just maybe, that little piece of culinary heaven was a gentle reminder that brighter days can emerge from the darkest moments.
I mean, I'm not reading this.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2149 on: November 07, 2023, 01:04:22 PM »
Tl;dr:  He had a Filet-o-Fish.  It was really good.  It changed his whole outlook on life.

I've never had an FOF, and nothing I've ever had from McDonald's has ever affected me in such a positive way, but...glad you enjoyed your sandwich.   :)
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline The Great Ape

« Reply #2150 on: November 07, 2023, 01:07:40 PM »
Tl;dr:  He had a Filet-o-Fish.  It was really good.  It changed his whole outlook on life.

I've never had an FOF, and nothing I've ever had from McDonald's has ever affected me in such a positive way, but...glad you enjoyed your sandwich.   :)

Thanks, bro.
"You know what? Enough is enough. There's enough hate in this world; there's enough frickin' negativity in this world" - James LaBrie

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #2151 on: November 07, 2023, 01:10:37 PM »
McDonald’s once gave me 5 straws for one drink.

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #2152 on: November 07, 2023, 01:10:49 PM »
i never had a mcdonalds meal that blew my socks off but one time i did eat a really nice steak in denver and it made me happy. idk if i could describe it in words as floral as Great Ape's, though
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2153 on: November 07, 2023, 01:26:07 PM »
i never had a mcdonalds meal that blew my socks off but one time i did eat a really nice steak in denver and it made me happy. idk if i could describe it in words as floral as Great Ape's, though

How did Deep AI do?

As the juicy, sizzling steak was brought to the table, the aroma filled the air, tantalizing my senses. I could feel my mouth water and my stomach grumble with anticipation. The steak was perfectly cooked, with a crisp sear on the outside and a tender, pink interior.

As I took my first bite, the flavors exploded in my mouth. The savory, rich taste of the beef melded with the smoky char from the grill, and a hint of sweetness from the glaze. The tenderness of the meat was unparalleled, each bite melting in my mouth like butter.

I savored every bite, enjoying the experience of dining in a Denver restaurant that had come highly recommended. The ambiance was perfect - warm lighting, comfortable seating, and attentive service. But the real star of the show was the steak.

As I continued to eat, I couldn't help but think about how this meal was more than just food. It was an epic experience, a celebration of everything that makes Denver such a unique and wonderful place to visit. The steak was a perfect representation of the city - bold, flavorful, and unforgettable.

As I finished the last bite of the steak, I couldn't help but feel grateful for the experience. It was more than just a meal - it was a memory that would stay with me forever. I left the restaurant feeling satisfied, happy, and eager to explore more of what Denver had to offer.

« Reply #2154 on: November 07, 2023, 01:27:29 PM »
honestly not bad except there's no way in hell a steak would ever be a "celebration of Denver" our food/cuisine is pretty poor here :lol
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2155 on: November 07, 2023, 01:32:15 PM »
This smells like result of "write an epic story of eating at McDonalds" in ChatGPT.

17/17 sentences are likely AI generated.

from putting that post into a AI detector

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #2156 on: November 07, 2023, 01:36:00 PM »
Time to dust off the ol’ banhammer…

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2157 on: November 07, 2023, 03:07:30 PM »
Time to dust off the ol’ banhammer…

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2158 on: November 08, 2023, 02:51:38 PM »

I mean, I'm not reading this.

:lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2159 on: November 08, 2023, 04:20:33 PM »
I admit to loving McDonald's. 

« Reply #2160 on: November 08, 2023, 04:35:47 PM »
I admit to loving McDonald's. 

i like it too and i used to work there (which should mean i should be repulsed by it, lol)
Welcome to the Forums!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2161 on: November 08, 2023, 05:08:17 PM »
I worked at McD's for years when I was younger and I wouldn't trade that for the world.

« Reply #2162 on: November 08, 2023, 05:26:24 PM »
I worked at McD's for years when I was younger and I wouldn't trade that for the world.

i meant the food, not the job itself! :lol i would have thought after working there a lot the smell alone would have gotten to me
Welcome to the Forums!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2163 on: November 08, 2023, 09:20:30 PM »

What made you happy today?  McDonalds Fillet-O-Fish........that's like.......all you needed to type.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2164 on: November 09, 2023, 04:17:01 AM »
That's probably all he typed...into ChatGPT
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2165 on: November 09, 2023, 04:27:19 AM »
A fucking Fillet-O-Fish of all things to cream over too.  Talk about a fucking troll post.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #2166 on: November 09, 2023, 04:27:55 AM »
Let me get this straight, years of self-deprecation, self-abuse, painfully crafting a personal brand of idiocy .... and I manage to generally post the same sense as focking ChatGPT?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2167 on: November 09, 2023, 04:31:17 AM »
A fucking Fillet-O-Fish of all things to cream over too.  Talk about a fucking troll post.

You take that back about Filet-O-Fish!   :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2168 on: November 09, 2023, 04:41:35 AM »

It is something akin to being joyful over finding out cat food is edible.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2169 on: November 09, 2023, 04:43:24 AM »
Let me get this straight, years of self-deprecation, self-abuse, painfully crafting a personal brand of idiocy .... and I manage to generally post the same sense as focking ChatGPT?

Well I wouldn't go that far. There's generally less head scratching when reading a ChatGPT.