Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 97063 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #2065 on: October 03, 2023, 12:19:23 PM »
One of my colleagues won the Nobel prize today. So that's pretty neat.
:metal
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2066 on: October 03, 2023, 01:03:03 PM »
Test results came back for my wife, today.  It's her2 negative. So that means it's not a spreadable cancer.  She can have the surgery to remove it and radiation after.  If it was her2 positive, she'd have to have chemo after.  So this outcome makes me happy. Chemo was rough for me when I was 33.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2067 on: October 03, 2023, 01:09:17 PM »
Test results came back for my wife, today.  It's her2 negative. So that means it's not a spreadable cancer.  She can have the surgery to remove it and radiation after.  If it was her2 positive, she'd have to have chemo after.  So this outcome makes me happy. Chemo was rough for me when I was 33.
Hell yes.  Good news!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2068 on: October 03, 2023, 01:14:40 PM »

Maybe not the greatest news but you got to take the wins where you can get them.  This is something you can work with and recover.  My thoughts are still with the both of you.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2069 on: October 03, 2023, 01:29:00 PM »

That's a positive mate, somewhat good news.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2070 on: October 03, 2023, 01:36:22 PM »

That's good news Joe!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2071 on: October 03, 2023, 01:49:52 PM »

Bout time yall caught a break. Mazal Tov!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #2072 on: October 03, 2023, 02:25:50 PM »
so glad to hear that news!!!
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2073 on: October 03, 2023, 02:29:57 PM »

That's excellent to hear. Wishing you both a speedy treatment and recovery  :)
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2074 on: October 03, 2023, 05:56:34 PM »
That’s the best of a bad situation, for sure. Yay!!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2075 on: October 03, 2023, 07:34:52 PM »
Thank you, everyone. It's such an emotional Rollercoaster. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2076 on: October 03, 2023, 07:40:51 PM »

Stay positive  :heart

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2077 on: October 03, 2023, 07:45:56 PM »

Hope this more relieving news can help you feel settled down and not being thrown around. Glad to hear it man.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2078 on: October 03, 2023, 07:50:23 PM »

That's awesome to hear. Godspeed to a quick treatment and recovery.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2079 on: October 04, 2023, 08:42:30 AM »

Good that you have a path forward.  Here's hoping for continued good news!!!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2080 on: October 04, 2023, 12:06:46 PM »
Glad to hear the good news (from a not great situation) Joe.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2081 on: October 05, 2023, 07:07:35 AM »
Was visiting my oldest daughter who lives a little north of Albany this past Sunday when an Amber Alert went out on my phone. A 9-year old girl was missing from a local campground; they found her bike abandoned. After a frantic search they ended up calling the authorities who after investigating said the girl was in real danger of harm. Our family got emotionally involved in this case and checked frequently for updates.

But GREAT NEWS - they caught the scumbag who abducted her and it appears she is unharmed:

https://news.yahoo.com/suspect-case-missing-9-old-095014085.html?ref=upstract.com  (scroll down for a mug shot of this lowlife)

When this piece of human trash gets to prison I hope he gets the treatment for all the mental anguish and torment he caused the parents.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2082 on: October 05, 2023, 07:47:46 AM »
I actually saw that on my local news in N.H.  Lock that guy up for a long, long time.

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #2083 on: October 05, 2023, 07:49:53 AM »
scary shit, glad she was unharmed. what's going on on the east coast???
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2084 on: October 05, 2023, 08:01:34 AM »
Heading to Progstock today. The wife & I getting away is the best distraction right now.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2085 on: October 05, 2023, 08:13:55 AM »
I actually saw that on my local news in N.H.  Lock that guy up for a long, long time.

Yeah, that was headline news here in NJ

Heading to Progstock today. The wife & I getting away is the best distraction right now.

Nice, I see it's not in Rahway anymore.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2086 on: October 05, 2023, 08:32:36 AM »
No. 

Williams Center, Rutherford, N.J.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2087 on: October 05, 2023, 08:36:55 AM »
Never heard of it.  Wonder if it's any better.  Just did a google search and its pretty close to where I work actually.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2088 on: October 07, 2023, 05:27:37 AM »
It's Thanksgiving weekend up here, and I'm home alone for the weekend.  Mrs.jingle and jingle.daughter are making the 7-hour drive to go visit jingle.son at College.  He's been struggling a bit (with his anxieties ... largely due to a very heavy workload for the final year of his program), so it'll be great for him to have some family time for the next few days.  I'm staying home to pet-sit ... the jingle (fucking) cat needs multiple daily meds, and finding a dog-sitter for 3 days ain't no easy feat.

I'm actually looking forward to it - I've never had the house to myself for this long in my entire married life.  I've no doubt I'll be bored shitless by Monday, but I'm gonna binge a bunch of shit that mrs.jingle has no interest in watching, play some PS games (I haven't gamed in a couple of years), and I might actually do some reading.

I've also ordered some blow and hookers.   :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2089 on: October 07, 2023, 06:00:22 AM »
I've no doubt I'll be bored shitless by Monday, but I'm gonna binge a bunch of shit that mrs.jingle has no interest in watching, play some PS games (I haven't gamed in a couple of years), and I might actually do some reading.

A chilled pair of nipple clamps, and you're all set.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2090 on: October 07, 2023, 07:16:52 AM »
I've no doubt I'll be bored shitless by Monday, but I'm gonna binge a bunch of shit that mrs.jingle has no interest in watching, play some PS games (I haven't gamed in a couple of years), and I might actually do some reading.

A chilled pair of nipple clamps, and you're all set.

Charged up car battery too?

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2091 on: October 07, 2023, 07:36:20 AM »
Ah, the fake thanksgiving of the north  :)

Enjoy the weekend. The most I get to myself is a few hours here and there and I make sure to make the most of it  :lol

What makes me happy today is that I'm visiting family to celebrate my niece's 1st birthday, and I got her the most adorable outfit for the real thanksgiving in late November  :P ;)
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2092 on: October 07, 2023, 07:50:29 AM »
It's Thanksgiving weekend up here, and I'm home alone for the weekend.  Mrs.jingle and jingle.daughter are making the 7-hour drive to go visit jingle.son at College.  He's been struggling a bit (with his anxieties ... largely due to a very heavy workload for the final year of his program), so it'll be great for him to have some family time for the next few days.  I'm staying home to pet-sit ... the jingle (fucking) cat needs multiple daily meds, and finding a dog-sitter for 3 days ain't no easy feat.

I'm actually looking forward to it - I've never had the house to myself for this long in my entire married life.  I've no doubt I'll be bored shitless by Monday, but I'm gonna binge a bunch of shit that mrs.jingle has no interest in watching, play some PS games (I haven't gamed in a couple of years), and I might actually do some reading.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the jingle.family Chad! Since you're partaking in the finer things in life I got just the song for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSw1VVfpiTc

Having the house to yourself is pretty nice. My wife is leaving for work for 3 straight weeks Monday and while I love my wife, it's gonna be pretty damn sweet to have the place to myself.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2093 on: October 08, 2023, 09:53:17 AM »
My gf, who moved in like 6 or 7 months ago, went to Atlantic City for the night with her friend on Friday.  It was glorious to have my house to myself again, just for one night, to game until 2am :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2094 on: October 08, 2023, 03:05:37 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving Chad!!!

More like cheese and crackers you damn fogey!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2095 on: October 09, 2023, 06:29:58 AM »
If I had a night to myself, and hookers showed up with blow, I'd be like "get off my lawn!!!" for real. 

When I had COVID in April, I was "stranded" in Florida by myself; I ate pizza, Jersey Mike's, and binged on 1932, Stranger Things and The Beatles "Get Back".   It was glorious.  I'm not sure I actually spoke more than 50 words a day (when I'd call home).   

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2096 on: October 09, 2023, 06:31:04 AM »
Did someone say hookers and blow?

:zydarscouch:
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2097 on: October 09, 2023, 12:04:38 PM »
If I had a night to myself, and hookers showed up with blow, I'd be like "get off my lawn!!!" for real. 

When I had COVID in April, I was "stranded" in Florida by myself; I ate pizza, Jersey Mike's, and binged on 1932, Stranger Things and The Beatles "Get Back".   It was glorious.  I'm not sure I actually spoke more than 50 words a day (when I'd call home).

Best post ever!  :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2098 on: October 09, 2023, 12:59:12 PM »
Ah, the fake thanksgiving of the north  :)

Let's go Redblacks!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #2099 on: October 09, 2023, 04:57:34 PM »
I learned Rush's "Neurotica" on guitar, minus the solo. What a fun song to play!