Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 97078 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #1960 on: September 20, 2023, 06:48:37 PM »
Hey, guys.  This is not the "hash out all our other shit" thread.  It's the Happy thread.

So pretty please, with sugar on top, get happy or GTFO.

*insert passive/agressive emoji*

I'm the happiest cunt on earth, haven't you heard?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #1961 on: September 20, 2023, 06:52:49 PM »
I took the biggest shit of my life yesterday. It was glorious.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1962 on: September 20, 2023, 07:06:15 PM »
back on topic as hefdaddio requested - i'm happy because my lovense hush came in the mail today :biggrin:

What on earth is a lovense hush?

According to a quick google search, it’s apparently a butt plug.

Err... an "I don't know" would've sufficed. :lol

Why feign ignorance when I can provide genuine awkwardness?  :laugh:
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #1963 on: September 21, 2023, 01:33:29 AM »
I'm doing my best not to engage with the HoveringSojourn808/PMsummer/ProgMasterMind92/The Great Ape clusterfuck situation (and I'm still convinced it's the same person), but it hasn't been easy :lol

I'm happy to agree these are clearly the same person.  Only question is it a regular poster doing it for a laugh or not.  ;D

Offline ProgMasterMind92

• he/him/his
  • barn owl cometh
« Reply #1964 on: September 21, 2023, 02:01:21 AM »
back on topic as hefdaddio requested - i'm happy because my lovense hush came in the mail today :biggrin:

Err... an "I don't know" would've sufficed. :lol

Why feign ignorance when I can provide genuine awkwardness?  :laugh:

i understand this forum might not be the place for it and i intended to keep it to a vague declaration of joy as a hopefully funny way to get things back on track but admittedly this reaction has put me on the defensive a bit and i feel the need to explain myself... first off, i think it's essential to break down some misconceptions and stereotypes. just because i'm a middle-aged dude doesn't mean i can't appreciate technology and innovation in the realm of intimacy.

one thing i've learned over forty years and two marriages is that communication is key in any relationship. lovense has allowed my partner and i to explore our desires and pleasures on a whole new level. they don't peddle in vulgarity but rather tools that can facilitate conversations about intimacy and bring couples closer together.

besides, it's not just about some crass, base carnality, or else i wouldn't have felt comfortable sharing it here. the hush can also be a great way to maintain a connection with a partner in today's busy world. whether you're in a long-distance relationship or simply have hectic schedules (and i've dealt with both), it can help bridge the gap and keep the spark alive.

technology has evolved and continues to evolve significantly, and there's no shame in embracing it. just like phones, computers, and other gadgets have become a part of our daily lives, the lovense hush is just another example of how innovation and progress (and the dream theater forum would know something about progress, wouldn't it? :biggrin:) can improve our quality of life.

my ass isn't anyone's business and i don't intend to make it so but i encourage you all to approach things with an open mind and not be quick to judge. cheers :yarr

I'm doing my best not to engage with the HoveringSojourn808/PMsummer/ProgMasterMind92/The Great Ape clusterfuck situation (and I'm still convinced it's the same person), but it hasn't been easy :lol

I'm happy to agree these are clearly the same person.  Only question is it a regular poster doing it for a laugh or not.  ;D

at least one other has thrown around similar accusations in a different thread and a moderator confirmed via checking ip addresses or whatever that we are very much different people.

i don't even especially get along with one of those listed so the paranoia is really getting old and another moderator has already asked that people get back on topic.

please, let's all be adults and treat one another with at least a modicum of respect, decency, and the benefit of the doubt... this is a thread about the things that make us happy :)
i need to live life like some people never will, so find me kindness find me beauty find me truth

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1965 on: September 21, 2023, 03:50:55 AM »
Holy fuck!  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Awaken

« Reply #1966 on: September 21, 2023, 05:18:00 AM »
Thank you all for the well wishes, my new bride and I appreciate it!

TAC - I was trying to lean that way myself (not testing), but by Saturday morning she was very noticeably ill and we had too many elderly coming to take chances. 

Chino - my best to you and your future wife, I wish you both nothing but the best on your day and in your travels together!

Offline Awaken

« Reply #1967 on: September 21, 2023, 05:19:46 AM »

I'm the happiest cunt on earth, haven't you heard?

This certainly made me laugh today!  That's signature worthy

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1968 on: September 21, 2023, 08:31:08 AM »
my ass isn't anyone's business and i don't intend to make it so
In fairness, you DID make it so.

But hey, I'm happy that you're happy.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1969 on: September 21, 2023, 10:00:08 AM »

:rollin :rollin
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1970 on: September 21, 2023, 10:13:26 AM »
I really need to come here more often.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1971 on: September 21, 2023, 10:22:42 AM »
If JP starts marketing butt plugs then I will ASSume the new DTF members are Jordan and JP.  :lol

Online Adami

« Reply #1972 on: September 21, 2023, 10:25:37 AM »
my ass isn't anyone's business and i don't intend to make it so
In fairness, you DID make it so.

But hey, I'm happy that you're happy.

Indeed. The awkwardness I mentioned is natural, given our social climate, but I intended no judgment. I'm fully supportive of any sexual experience that is consensual and non-harmful.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1973 on: September 21, 2023, 11:02:45 AM »
Keep talking dirty to me, Adami.  :eyebrows:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Adami

« Reply #1974 on: September 21, 2023, 11:09:29 AM »

You know I never I never seen you look so good. You never act the way you should, but I like it. And I know you like it too. The way that I want you. I gotta have you, oh yes, I do.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1975 on: September 21, 2023, 11:52:25 AM »
Got paid today.  $101 from youtube  :lol whenever some kid says they want to be a youtuber, let them know, it took 16 months to earn that 101. McDonalds pays better.

Online Adami

« Reply #1976 on: September 21, 2023, 11:53:33 AM »
Got paid today.  $101 from youtube  :lol whenever some kid says they want to be a youtuber, let them know, it took 16 months to earn that 101. McDonalds pays better.

Have you considered filming reaction videos to the videos you upload?

Ehhhh??
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1977 on: September 21, 2023, 11:57:21 AM »

Ehhhh??

React to myself?   :lol  honestly, if you watch some of my concert videos (I dont make money on those) you can often hear my reaction in real time.

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #1978 on: September 21, 2023, 12:23:44 PM »

Ehhhh??

React to myself?   :lol  honestly, if you watch some of my concert videos (I dont make money on those) you can often hear my reaction in real time.

i have some experience with self reaction filming. i have used it in my video game reviews (see the sea of stars official thread)
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Online Adami

« Reply #1979 on: September 21, 2023, 12:26:24 PM »

Ehhhh??

Yea, like you upload your concert video (or whatever videos that do make you money) and then you upload ANOTHER video of you watching it and reacting. Brilliant.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #1980 on: September 21, 2023, 12:33:34 PM »
I would totally smash that like buttton.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1981 on: September 21, 2023, 12:39:14 PM »

You know I never I never seen you look so good. You never act the way you should, but I like it. And I know you like it too. The way that I want you. I gotta have you, oh yes, I do.

:lol  Dammit. I saw Bret Michaels this year.  A friend had an extra ticket. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1982 on: September 21, 2023, 12:47:12 PM »

Ehhhh??

You should do a filmed reaction video to receiving your $101.  :)

(I'm not making fun of you, Marc; I love your videos.  Particularly the music ones, but I've watched some of your gaming content and it's very entertaining.  I'm more making fun of your comment about the "aspiring YouTubers"!)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1983 on: September 21, 2023, 01:04:21 PM »

Ehhhh??

You should do a filmed reaction video to receiving your $101.  :)

(I'm not making fun of you, Marc; I love your videos.  Particularly the music ones, but I've watched some of your gaming content and it's very entertaining.  I'm more making fun of your comment about the "aspiring YouTubers"!)

That's a good idea.  As for the aspiring youtubers, my gf's niece recently said shes inspired by me and shes not the first young person to really be intrigued about the youtube thing.  My little sister even asked me about doing her own channel.  All I'll say, Mcdonald's pays more again. There's definitely money to be made, but you got to be that top 1% and your commitment needs to be through the roof.  As my gf told her niece "marc also works a normal job"  :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1984 on: September 21, 2023, 01:06:50 PM »
I follow The Smoking Tire and they've gone into what it takes to be a successful youtuber in their podcast and it is a shit load of work with the constant need to keep up with the algorithm. They did a episode a while back on how much more engagement they got just from adding their faces to the video thumbnails.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1985 on: September 21, 2023, 01:15:59 PM »
Preach. Years ago, a (now former) friend of mine dropped out of college, quit his job, and spent his last paycheck on a PS4 with hopes of playing games on YouTube for a living. It’s been years since I last spoke to him, but I hear things through the grapevine. He’s currently unemployed and living on his friend’s couch rent-free and still trying to make the YouTube thing happen.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1986 on: September 21, 2023, 01:20:21 PM »
Preach. Years ago, a (now former) friend of mine dropped out of college, quit his job, and spent his last paycheck on a PS4 with hopes of playing games on YouTube for a living. It’s been years since I last spoke to him, but I hear things through the grapevine. He’s currently unemployed and living on his friend’s couch rent-free and still trying to make the YouTube thing happen.

Damn.  I randomly played with some guy who basically was doing the same thing.  He was funny so we got friendly in our game and continued gaming together and I followed him on twitch.  Guy was clearly struggling to make anything work.  I kept thinking in my head, just get a real job, game at night if thats what you really want to do.  It's a very saturated market. My gaming videos do terribly on youtube (and those are the ones I can make money on). 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1987 on: September 21, 2023, 01:29:25 PM »
I follow The Smoking Tire and they've gone into what it takes to be a successful youtuber in their podcast and it is a shit load of work with the constant need to keep up with the algorithm. They did a episode a while back on how much more engagement they got just from adding their faces to the video thumbnails.

What do you mean about the "algorithm"? 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1988 on: September 21, 2023, 01:34:27 PM »

Every social media app has a way to determine what shows up on your feed, that is the "algorithm".  And these companies change this regularly for various reasons. If you want your content to show up for other people, you can do your best to follow the current tricks and tips to keep up with the algorithm so your content gets more eye balls.  It's tedious as heck to try and stay on top of this for all platforms.  I mostly don't care, but I recognize that if I did care, it might help get more views.  Think of a hashtag.  If I add it to whatever Im sharing, does it actually get you extra views?  Also things like time of day to post or specific words used in the title or description.  Ever notice how many youtube icons have that shocked face?  Becuase apparently it works (although that may not be related to algorithm, but human nature)

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1989 on: September 21, 2023, 01:35:30 PM »
This is the way I understand it.
The algorithm determines whatever type of content YouTube promotes over other types. It’s always changing, and thus content creators are always having to adjust their content so that the algorithm still promotes their content and new viewers will find it.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1990 on: September 21, 2023, 01:36:51 PM »
The algorithm determines whatever type of content YouTube promotes over other types. It’s always changing, and thus content creators are always having to tinker their content so that the algorithm still promotes their content and new viewers will find it.

Is it tinkered with just to keep creators on their toes, or is there ostensibly a reason, a sort of "evolutionary" reason?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1991 on: September 21, 2023, 01:37:25 PM »

Every social media app has a way to determine what shows up on your feed, that is the "algorithm".  And these companies change this regularly for various reasons. If you want your content to show up for other people, you can do your best to follow the current tricks and tips to keep up with the algorithm so your content gets more eye balls.  It's tedious as heck to try and stay on top of this for all platforms.  I mostly don't care, but I recognize that if I did care, it might help get more views.  Think of a hashtag.  If I add it to whatever Im sharing, does it actually get you extra views?  Also things like time of day to post or specific words used in the title or description.  Ever notice how many youtube icons have that shocked face?  Becuase apparently it works (although that may not be related to algorithm, but human nature)

Thanks for that; I find this stuff fascinating, even if I sort of think I couldn't possibly keep up with all of it.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1992 on: September 22, 2023, 06:55:07 AM »
The algorithm determines whatever type of content YouTube promotes over other types. It’s always changing, and thus content creators are always having to tinker their content so that the algorithm still promotes their content and new viewers will find it.

Is it tinkered with just to keep creators on their toes, or is there ostensibly a reason, a sort of "evolutionary" reason?

As far as I'm aware google does mess with it as my usual sub's on youtube will bitch whenever something changes.

As a side note one of my favorite car youtube channels superfastmatt signs off his videos with something "you used to have to impress people to get people to watch your videos, now you have to impress the algorithm, please hit the like button"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1993 on: September 22, 2023, 08:45:18 AM »
Yeah actually had a discussion with my cousin at my brother's wedding about viewership on youtube.  He does long form interviews with mostly baseball players (he works for YES network, the Yankees, do check him out! https://www.youtube.com/@matthewstucko) and no one watches his videos.  I feel bad for him because he puts a lot of time and effort into making these and he gets some well known people.  Not A or B celebrities, but people you definitely know.  He thinks it's because his long form videos dont fit youtube's algorithm.  I don't know, I make really long concert videos and those seem to do the best for me.  I don't follow the algorithm changes.  Its just too much effort.  But I did notice concert videos taking less views this year and it's not just my channel, some of the biggest concert channels seem to be getting less views too. 

Offline PMSummer

« Reply #1994 on: September 22, 2023, 01:58:29 PM »
Today I found this little coffee shop downtown that serves the most amazing caramel macchiato. Sipping on that goodness really put a smile on my face  ;D.