Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 97351 times)

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #1925 on: September 20, 2023, 01:23:01 PM »
I didn’t know about the ignore feature until last year. I’ve used it on a few people, some of which are banned/inactive so it’s kinda pointless.

What does the “Buddy List” mean? I’ve never used that.

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #1926 on: September 20, 2023, 01:24:31 PM »
I didn’t know about the ignore feature until last year. I’ve used it on a few people, some of which are banned/inactive so it’s kinda pointless.

What does the “Buddy List” mean? I’ve never used that.

to be honest i have no idea. when i looked at my buddy list earlier tho it had ProgMasterMind92 in it. don't get me wrong - i like the guy - but i didn't add him. however, we have on a few occasions DM'd each other, so maybe it automatically added him to my buddy list after our DMs. but that's my guess "a shortlist of folks for DM"
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1927 on: September 20, 2023, 01:26:28 PM »
When it comes to the DTF Class of 2023 (as I have dubbed them), I just chalk it up to some or all of them being bots. I don’t know how else to the weird behavior, strange syntax, and whatnot. Especially after that weird Kembo thread in the music forum. Something is not right here.

And just to keep this on topic, I saw a license plate today that said “HU JASS”. Made me chuckle.

funny you say all that because i think only a bot would find that license plate funny...

01001001 01100110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100010 01110101 01111001 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01101101 01101001 01111000 01110100 01100001 01110000 01100101 00101110 00100000 01000001 01101100 01110011 01101111 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110000 01110000 01111001 00100000 01010110 01101100 01100001 01110011 01110100 01101111 00100000 01100100 01100001 01111001 00101110

Woops…uh…nothing to see here..

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1928 on: September 20, 2023, 01:26:34 PM »
When it comes to the DTF Class of 2023 (as I have dubbed them), I just chalk it up to some or all of them being bots. I don’t know how else to the weird behavior, strange syntax, and whatnot. Especially after that weird Kembo thread in the music forum. Something is not right here.

And just to keep this on topic, I saw a license plate today that said “HU JASS”. Made me chuckle.

funny you say all that because i think only a bot would find that license plate funny... and before you report me it's just a joke and no more ad hominem than you insinuating i'm a bot... it feels like newer members are held to higher standards than the old ones... i just want everyone to get along with everyone though... you me stadler evermind thehoveringsojourn808... let's all be the men devin townsend knows we can be

No. That's the point; there IS no standard.  It's like real life; you read the room, and fit in.  Ask questions.  Listen and learn.  I'd never in a million years walk into the break room at a new job where everyone else had worked there for 15 years and say "I think only a bot would find that funny!" after someone told a joke.  Or, after a guy made a reasonable and debatable point - note, 'reasonable' does not mean you agree with it - and try to lecture them that they don't know what a particular word means, then brag about it and call the guy names - to his FRIENDS - in the conference room next door.   Jeez, honestly some of this is just the basics of interpersonal relationships.   

What makes me happy is the cameraderie we have here.   No, I'm not everyone's cup of tea, but that's the way it goes in the world.  I do try to tend my wake, though, and I hope that, with one exception that seems irredeemable (not one of the "Class of 2023"), I can at least have civil conversations with everyone here, and can find some common ground. 

I do know this:  I've got 40,000 posts and I can count on one hand (and have fingers left over) the number of threads I directly caused to be locked.  We've got like four of them in the last couple weeks if my math is correct, and let's just say "I'm not the common denominator".
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 01:33:57 PM by Stadler »

« Reply #1929 on: September 20, 2023, 01:28:58 PM »
I don’t know how else explain to the weird behavior, strange syntax, and whatnot.

not really sure what you mean? if you are referring to my tendency to use all lower case then i have explained it elsewhere (and received some interesting feedback on it lol  :lol)

anything else - such as usage of phrases or whatever, might just be a geographical or generational difference maybe? i'm from Colorado and am in my 30s, so a milennial. i know some other posters who i haven't exactly gotten along with recently are from the silent generation or maybe even boomer gen, so i suppose it could be that
Welcome to the Forums!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1930 on: September 20, 2023, 01:30:04 PM »
(And for the record, I do not have even one member blocked.)

Yea! Stadler's only rival is me!

And I'll fight anyone who dares challenge my title!

Sounds like Adami is blocking your member.

It moved!!!

Well..it was blocked.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1931 on: September 20, 2023, 01:35:48 PM »
I don’t know how else explain to the weird behavior, strange syntax, and whatnot.

not really sure what you mean? if you are referring to my tendency to use all lower case then i have explained it elsewhere (and received some interesting feedback on it lol  :lol)

anything else - such as usage of phrases or whatever, might just be a geographical or generational difference maybe? i'm from Colorado and am in my 30s, so a milennial. i know some other posters who i haven't exactly gotten along with recently are from the silent generation or maybe even boomer gen, so i suppose it could be that

Its ok to have different views but suddenly the forum was sabotaged?. In my 2 years here I have never seen any strife like this. How long is the banned leash???

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1932 on: September 20, 2023, 01:36:18 PM »

Fucking kid has one of my feet in the grave!!!!   :) :) :) :)

At least have the grace and decency to know someone before you talk shit about them in the third person.  :) :) :) :) 

Offline PMSummer

« Reply #1933 on: September 20, 2023, 01:36:41 PM »
Someone blocked me ??? Wondering if it's because I joined around the same time as some of those 'out there' posters (I have definitely noticed)? Just trying to engage in respectful discussions, the only hot water I got into is the sexism discussion and I don't think I said anything bad. Curious what's going on, bit sad as I am enjoying my time here.

« Reply #1934 on: September 20, 2023, 01:37:07 PM »

Its ok to have different views but suddenly the forum was sabotaged?. In my 2 years here I have never seen any strife like this. How long is the banned leash???

sorry? i am confused lol i am aware of no sabotage. just trying to post with my friends!
Welcome to the Forums!

« Reply #1935 on: September 20, 2023, 01:38:51 PM »
Someone blocked me ??? Wondering if it's because I joined around the same time as some of those 'out there' posters (I have definitely noticed)? Just trying to engage in respectful discussions, the only hot water I got into is the sexism discussion and I don't think I said anything bad. Curious what's going on, bit sad as I am enjoying my time here.

yeah i found this weird too. it's one thing to block posters who post content you find insulting or problematic (that's what it's there for) but i also found it kind of weird we were blocked because we were new and came in around the same time. i mean does a DT tour not always result in more members here? seems kinda organic to me....

anyway, yeah, not sure why we'd all be ganged up like this. i guess it's just group mentality not liking the "new" guys. it happens everywhere i guess! haha
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1936 on: September 20, 2023, 01:43:55 PM »

sorry? i am confused lol i am aware of no sabotage. just trying to post with my friends!

But why can't we all be friends?  :)

« Reply #1937 on: September 20, 2023, 01:46:30 PM »

wonderful question. i wish we could! sadly i don't condone behavior i find problematic and as long as the DTF give me a way to block bad vibes i will take them up on it! peace and love brother
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline ProgMasterMind92

• he/him/his
  • barn owl cometh
« Reply #1938 on: September 20, 2023, 01:47:45 PM »

funny you say all that because i think only a bot would find that license plate funny... and before you report me it's just a joke and no more ad hominem than you insinuating i'm a bot... it feels like newer members are held to higher standards than the old ones... i just want everyone to get along with everyone though... you me stadler evermind thehoveringsojourn808... let's all be the men devin townsend knows we can be

No. That's the point; there IS no standard.  It's like real life; you read the room, and fit in.  Ask questions.  Listen and learn.  I'd never in a million years walk into the break room at a new job where everyone else had worked there for 15 years and say "I think only a bot would find that funny!" after someone told a joke.  Or, after a guy made a reasonable and debatable point - note, 'reasonable' does not mean you agree with it - and try to lecture them that they don't know what a particular word means, then brag about it and call the guy names - to his FRIENDS - in the conference room next door.   Jeez, honestly some of this is just the basics of interpersonal relationships.   

What makes me happy is the cameraderie we have here.   No, I'm not everyone's cup of tea, but that's the way it goes in the world.  I do try to tend my wake, though, and I hope that, with one exception that seems irredeemable (not one of the "Class of 2023"), I can at least have civil conversations with everyone here, and can find some common ground. 

I do know this:  I've got 40,000 posts and I can count on one hand (and have fingers left over) the number of threads I directly caused to be locked.  We've got like four of them in the last couple weeks if my math is correct, and let's just say "I'm not the common denominator".

:lol

WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS! WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS! WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS! :metal
i need to live life like some people never will, so find me kindness find me beauty find me truth

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1939 on: September 20, 2023, 01:51:47 PM »
PMSummer, THS808 won't see this, but perhaps you can share on your buddy list, but at what point do you guys look in the mirror and reassess, and say "wow, maybe I could have handled that better"?  I'm not saying you are totally to blame, you're not, but there doesn't seem to be ANY accountability.  You weren't blocked because you were the "new people".  I'm going to speculate and say you were blocked because you came in hot.  You guys are really going to step into a forum that has been flourishing for 15 FUCKING YEARS, and blame everyone else, and, like in THS808's case, then brag about it to others (and continue to double down on his behavior as if he had no part in the shitstorm) and expect that to stick?  There are PLENTY of people who joined in recent years and were welcomed with open arms because they were humble, asked questions, and got to know everyone before pointing fingers and making accusations like they owned the place. 

And you know what the beautiful thing is, there's not one person here - including me - that will hold as grudge or hold it against you if you do find the rhythm and meet halfway on the effort to fit in.

Offline PMSummer

« Reply #1940 on: September 20, 2023, 02:00:37 PM »
I didn't attack anyone personally in my recent posts; I simply pointed out some sexist comments that were bothering me. I just believe it's important to address such issues, whether you're new to a community or not - not sure I would call it 'coming in hot'. I totally respect everyone's right to block or mute me if they choose to. However, it feels a bit weird to be lumped in with the individuals mentioned who I think everyone has noticed are sometimes a bit much.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1941 on: September 20, 2023, 02:01:45 PM »

As I said......Stadler wins.....everytime.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1942 on: September 20, 2023, 02:02:08 PM »

As I said......Stadler wins.....everytime.

Unless I'm involved.  ;D
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1943 on: September 20, 2023, 02:03:17 PM »
I didn't attack anyone personally in my recent posts; I simply pointed out some sexist comments that were bothering me. I just believe it's important to address such issues, whether you're new to a community or not - not sure I would call it 'coming in hot'. I totally respect everyone's right to block or mute me if they choose to. However, it feels a bit weird to be lumped in with the individuals mentioned who I think everyone has noticed are sometimes a bit much.

They ARE sexist, but exaggeratingly so. Nobody here believes those things and the fact that the posts you took as serious are so ridiculously NOT serious. They are actually MOCKING the sexist positions.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1944 on: September 20, 2023, 02:05:00 PM »
PMSummer, THS808 won't see this, but perhaps you can share on your buddy list, but at what point do you guys look in the mirror and reassess, and say "wow, maybe I could have handled that better"?  I'm not saying you are totally to blame, you're not, but there doesn't seem to be ANY accountability.  You weren't blocked because you were the "new people".  I'm going to speculate and say you were blocked because you came in hot.  You guys are really going to step into a forum that has been flourishing for 15 FUCKING YEARS, and blame everyone else, and, like in THS808's case, then brag about it to others (and continue to double down on his behavior as if he had no part in the shitstorm) and expect that to stick?  There are PLENTY of people who joined in recent years and were welcomed with open arms because they were humble, asked questions, and got to know everyone before pointing fingers and making accusations like they owned the place. 

And you know what the beautiful thing is, there's not one person here - including me - that will hold as grudge or hold it against you if you do find the rhythm and meet halfway on the effort to fit in.

The lack of accountability these days in general is alarming.  I mean not just here, life, work.  Why people can't look within and allow themselves to be critical on their own actions in the want to get better and improve blows my mind.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline PMSummer

« Reply #1945 on: September 20, 2023, 02:06:01 PM »

They ARE sexist, but exaggeratingly so. Nobody here believes those things and the fact that the posts you took as serious are so ridiculously NOT serious. They are actually MOCKING the sexist positions.
I think you are referring to a different incident, the one above is on DT side (the bar thread that's now locked after an altercation between Stadler and sojon808)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1946 on: September 20, 2023, 02:14:12 PM »
That's not unfair; I get that.  For the record, I haven't lumped you in my head, but perception is often as potent as reality. I'm just trying to give you an avenue to feel more comfortable here, if you choose to stay.  The more people, the better, to keep this a vibrant community. 

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1947 on: September 20, 2023, 02:15:34 PM »
Hello world here’s a song that we’re singin
Come on get happy

Offline ProgMasterMind92

• he/him/his
  • barn owl cometh
« Reply #1948 on: September 20, 2023, 02:17:38 PM »
i love you guys :heart
i need to live life like some people never will, so find me kindness find me beauty find me truth

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1949 on: September 20, 2023, 02:22:52 PM »
Come on get happy

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1950 on: September 20, 2023, 02:29:44 PM »
Come on get happy

Love The Partridge Family.

Online Adami

« Reply #1951 on: September 20, 2023, 02:38:54 PM »
Sunday...Monday...
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1952 on: September 20, 2023, 02:47:52 PM »
Hey, guys.  This is not the "hash out all our other shit" thread.  It's the Happy thread.

So pretty please, with sugar on top, get happy or GTFO.

*insert passive/agressive emoji*
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

« Reply #1953 on: September 20, 2023, 02:50:45 PM »
Hey, guys.  This is not the "hash out all our other shit" thread.  It's the Happy thread.

So pretty please, with sugar on top, get happy or GTFO.

*insert passive/agressive emoji*

i tried to find the "hash out all our other shit" thread but the search didn't yield results  :rollin

anyways, i'm still beaming with happiness because i'm still listening to (our) father john misty and he is my god
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1954 on: September 20, 2023, 02:59:37 PM »
I’m happy as fuck.

Offline ProgMasterMind92

• he/him/his
  • barn owl cometh
« Reply #1955 on: September 20, 2023, 03:04:24 PM »
back on topic as hefdaddio requested - i'm happy because my lovense hush came in the mail today :biggrin:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1956 on: September 20, 2023, 06:15:35 PM »
back on topic as hefdaddio requested - i'm happy because my lovense hush came in the mail today :biggrin:

What on earth is a lovense hush?

Online Adami

« Reply #1957 on: September 20, 2023, 06:27:23 PM »

According to a quick google search, it’s apparently a butt plug.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1958 on: September 20, 2023, 06:28:37 PM »
Well, like his signature says, he’s living life like some people never will.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1959 on: September 20, 2023, 06:33:07 PM »

According to a quick google search, it’s apparently a butt plug.

Err... an "I don't know" would've sufficed. :lol