Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 97144 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #1890 on: September 20, 2023, 11:19:20 AM »
Testing for Covid would've been the last thing I'd do the day before a wedding. :lol

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1891 on: September 20, 2023, 11:32:46 AM »
Got married on Sunday.  Was supposed to be a big event, but my wife-to-be tested positive for COVID the day before and we had to scramble to pivot on a lot of plans.  Fortunately, our vendors were awesome and still allowed us to get married outside/distanced - and we contacted all of our guests to let them know it was still happening, totally understand if you can't/don't want to make it.  There would be a reschedule for the cocktail hour/reception/dinner.  So many showed up anyway, so appreciative. 

I just tested positive today, and while it should bum me out, I'm still so happy knowing so many people came out anyway.  We also got our reception/honeymoon rescheduled to next month.  So much to be unhappy about, but with so much to be grateful for - why bother wasting time unhappy.

Damn. Glad it worked out okay all things considered.   

My wedding is in just over two weeks, and I'd be lying if I said this wasn't on my mind. We're leaving for our honeymoon the day after, and I'd hate to come down with it in another country.

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #1892 on: September 20, 2023, 11:35:24 AM »
i made myself happy today by standing up for myself in another thread where a poster was being abrasive, condescending, arrogant, and at best, problematic. i didn't let them trample my view and stood up for myself with a great defense. feels good to take care of number 1 sometimes!  :millahhhh
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1893 on: September 20, 2023, 11:37:08 AM »
Got married on Sunday.  Was supposed to be a big event, but my wife-to-be tested positive for COVID the day before and we had to scramble to pivot on a lot of plans.  Fortunately, our vendors were awesome and still allowed us to get married outside/distanced - and we contacted all of our guests to let them know it was still happening, totally understand if you can't/don't want to make it.  There would be a reschedule for the cocktail hour/reception/dinner.  So many showed up anyway, so appreciative. 

I just tested positive today, and while it should bum me out, I'm still so happy knowing so many people came out anyway.  We also got our reception/honeymoon rescheduled to next month.  So much to be unhappy about, but with so much to be grateful for - why bother wasting time unhappy.

Damn. Glad it worked out okay all things considered.   

My wedding is in just over two weeks, and I'd be lying if I said this wasn't on my mind. We're leaving for our honeymoon the day after, and I'd hate to come down with it in another country.

My brother's wedding was last weekend, and it was on my mind as well.  So far haven't heard of any covid cases from it, but I was even worried for myself with all my travels leading up to the wedding including a close call at ProgPower the weekend before.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1894 on: September 20, 2023, 11:51:05 AM »
i made myself happy today by standing up for myself in another thread where a poster was being abrasive, condescending, arrogant, and at best, problematic. i didn't let them trample my view and stood up for myself with a great defense. feels good to take care of number 1 sometimes!  :millahhhh

Good on you!! Let's just hope he/she doesn't see this and take umbrage with your description of the proceedings!  :)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1895 on: September 20, 2023, 11:52:18 AM »

Good on you!! Let's just hope he/she doesn't see this and take umbrage with your description of the proceedings!  :)

Yeah. Jeez, that guy sounds like a fucking asshole.  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1896 on: September 20, 2023, 12:00:16 PM »
You post this and then whine when Stadler responds, and claim you are trying not to engage with him? Come on.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1897 on: September 20, 2023, 12:31:54 PM »
I'm doing my best not to engage with the HoveringSojourn808/PMsummer/ProgMasterMind92/The Great Ape clusterfuck situation (and I'm still convinced it's the same person), but it hasn't been easy :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

« Reply #1898 on: September 20, 2023, 12:34:54 PM »
I'm doing my best not to engage with the HoveringSojourn808/PMsummer/ProgMasterMind92/The Great Ape clusterfuck situation (and I'm still convinced it's the same person), but it hasn't been easy :lol

situation? also i have no idea who the other posters you mentioned are other than that they are also members of the boards like y'all are lol. is it because we joined at the same time? do you guys accuse each other of being the same person because of similar sign up times?

DT was recently on a really big tour and as expected a wave of new posters came in. not really much more to it than that. i saw the show in denver, was reinvigorated in my fandom, and joined up. sorry to let you down and burst the bubble on that theory  :rollin
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1899 on: September 20, 2023, 12:37:51 PM »
Situations like this have happened before

« Reply #1900 on: September 20, 2023, 12:39:24 PM »

i came here to post about DT and sling hot takes about other music. i can assure you i wouldn't waste my time making 3 other accounts to post from
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1901 on: September 20, 2023, 12:40:31 PM »

i came here to post about DT and sling hot takes about other music.
That sounds great to me.  Let's do that.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

« Reply #1902 on: September 20, 2023, 12:41:15 PM »

i came here to post about DT and sling hot takes about other music.
That sounds great to me.  Let's do that.

:tup - edit: wasn't trying to derail the happiness of this thread. i was just randomly/weirdly accused of having 3 alts out of nowhere so wanted to address it. not trying to stir up shit

i'm happy to say i have been listening to Secret World by Peter Gabriel (the live album) all morning and it is making me happy
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1903 on: September 20, 2023, 12:44:44 PM »

i came here to post about DT and sling hot takes about other music. i can assure you i wouldn't waste my time making 3 other accounts to post from

I've shot the shit with you plenty of times here and haven't had any reason to think your intentions are wrong, but this also isn't my first time on the internet.  Im not personally accusing you of anything, but if others do, it's likely because of the timing and because some people do have the time to mess around and have before.

« Reply #1904 on: September 20, 2023, 12:47:15 PM »

I've shot the shit with you plenty of times here and haven't had any reason to think your intentions are wrong, but this also isn't my first time on the internet.  Im not personally accusing you of anything, but if others do, it's likely because of the timing and because some people do have the time to mess around and have before.

yeah! it's all good! you gave me good GVF recommendations earlier after i was a dope and confused them with another band so i appreciate you lol.
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline The Great Ape

« Reply #1905 on: September 20, 2023, 12:50:06 PM »

I'd love some engagement, what did you have in mind???
"You know what? Enough is enough. There's enough hate in this world; there's enough frickin' negativity in this world" - James LaBrie

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1906 on: September 20, 2023, 12:52:36 PM »
THS, just in case you responded to my post, I'd suggest not to bother as I said, I was doing my best to not engage. Doing my best was basically this:

That being said, other people seem to take you and the other accounts at face value so yeah, have fun slinging hot takes about music and whatnot.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

« Reply #1907 on: September 20, 2023, 12:55:40 PM »
THS, just in case you responded to my post, I'd suggest not to bother as I said, I was doing my best to not engage. Doing my best was basically this:

That being said, other people seem to take you and the other accounts at face value so yeah, have fun slinging hot takes about music and whatnot.

i know you probably won't see this but can you show me how to do this? i wanna block stadler
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1908 on: September 20, 2023, 12:57:56 PM »

i know you probably won't see this but can you show me how to do this? i wanna block stadler

Are you serious???? What is going on here?  :|

« Reply #1909 on: September 20, 2023, 12:58:32 PM »

just business between two rivals. i'm just unsure how to add to the ignore list, lmao
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1910 on: September 20, 2023, 01:02:09 PM »
Profile > Modify Profile > Buddy/Ignore List

(And for the record, I do not have even one member blocked.)

« Reply #1911 on: September 20, 2023, 01:02:38 PM »
Profile > Modify Profile > Buddy/Ignore List

thank you, have a nice life
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1912 on: September 20, 2023, 01:06:19 PM »

just business between two rivals. i'm just unsure how to add to the ignore list, lmao

Don't flatter yourself, there's no rivalry here.  You don't seem to get it, this is not that kind of place. 

Offline ProgMasterMind92

• he/him/his
  • barn owl cometh
« Reply #1913 on: September 20, 2023, 01:07:24 PM »

there are no men like me... there's only me jaime lannister a clash of kings 1998 george raymond richard martin
i need to live life like some people never will, so find me kindness find me beauty find me truth

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1914 on: September 20, 2023, 01:07:39 PM »
Yea! Stadler's only rival is me!

And I'll fight anyone who dares challenge my title!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1915 on: September 20, 2023, 01:09:37 PM »

Sounds like Adami is blocking your member.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1916 on: September 20, 2023, 01:11:52 PM »

Stadler wins mate......everytime.  guy is a amazing fella. 
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1917 on: September 20, 2023, 01:12:49 PM »

Sounds like Adami is blocking your member.

It moved!!!

« Reply #1918 on: September 20, 2023, 01:13:30 PM »

Stadler wins mate......everytime.  guy is a amazing fella.

that's incredible for you and i'm very sure it's true. however i have had nothing but bad experiences so i'd like to tailor my DTF experience to reduce the amount of content i see that is going to bring about negative feelings. thankful it's been sorted out! have a great day everyone
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #1919 on: September 20, 2023, 01:13:42 PM »
When it comes to the DTF Class of 2023 (as I have dubbed them), I just chalk it up to some or all of them being bots. I don’t know how else to explain the weird behavior, strange syntax, and whatnot. Especially after that weird Kembo thread in the music forum. Something is not right here.

And just to keep this on topic, I saw a license plate today that said “HU JASS”. Made me chuckle.

EDIT: accidentally a word
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 01:41:53 PM by Metropolaris »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1920 on: September 20, 2023, 01:15:28 PM »
Stadler's a good guy.  I can say that because we've shared plenty of drinks together over the years before/during concerts.  I wouldn't keep hanging with the guy if I didn't like him  :lol

Also to note, I can't recall so much talk about blocking on DTF than I've seen the last month or so (as I've said before, I didn't even know it was a thing) so I hope this isn't a new trend.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1921 on: September 20, 2023, 01:18:15 PM »
Marc is right.  In all my years, blocking and ignoring was never a thing.  To be honest I didn't even know you could do it but lately.....boom, everywhere!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

« Reply #1922 on: September 20, 2023, 01:21:21 PM »
When it comes to the DTF Class of 2023 (as I have dubbed them), I just chalk it up to some or all of them being bots. I don’t know how else to the weird behavior, strange syntax, and whatnot. Especially after that weird Kembo thread in the music forum. Something is not right here.

And just to keep this on topic, I saw a license plate today that said “HU JASS”. Made me chuckle.

it's ok, the "class of 2023" probably has some thoughts on the stiff old farts coming out of the Big Ancient Posters as well!  :rollin :rollin :rollin

edit: trying to get back on topic. i'm happy because i'm listening to Father John Misty now. GOD BLESS HIM!
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline ProgMasterMind92

• he/him/his
  • barn owl cometh
« Reply #1923 on: September 20, 2023, 01:21:51 PM »
When it comes to the DTF Class of 2023 (as I have dubbed them), I just chalk it up to some or all of them being bots. I don’t know how else to the weird behavior, strange syntax, and whatnot. Especially after that weird Kembo thread in the music forum. Something is not right here.

funny you say all that because i think only a bot would find that license plate funny... and before you report me it's just a joke and no more ad hominem than you insinuating i'm a bot... it feels like newer members are held to higher standards than the old ones... i just want everyone to get along with everyone though... you me stadler evermind thehoveringsojourn808... let's all be the men devin townsend knows we can be
i need to live life like some people never will, so find me kindness find me beauty find me truth

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1924 on: September 20, 2023, 01:22:01 PM »
This is supposed to be the happy thread folks. I have no one blocked, that would be sad. Maybe I live in a bubble but I thought everyone here got along.