Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 97151 times)

Offline pg1067

Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #1820 on: June 17, 2023, 11:24:07 PM »
I'm sorry. Who is Lizzie?

My kid (although we spell it with a "y").  And I'm pissed she didn't tell me she was getting published!

Lizzie Borden

wrote a children's book??

I'd read that!   :lol
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1821 on: June 19, 2023, 08:51:38 AM »

My avatar.
From what I know, she is only "Lizzie" to her friends.  Her professional and given name is Elizabeth.  So it's always a little weird to see you refer to her that way.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1822 on: June 19, 2023, 09:39:47 AM »
Ok. Then who’s Elizabeth?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #1823 on: June 19, 2023, 09:45:50 AM »

Elizabeth Olsen. An actress.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1824 on: June 19, 2023, 09:47:21 AM »
Thank you.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1825 on: June 20, 2023, 06:16:00 AM »

My avatar.
From what I know, she is only "Lizzie" to her friends.  Her professional and given name is Elizabeth.  So it's always a little weird creepy stalker to see you refer to her that way.

FTFM
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1826 on: June 21, 2023, 11:04:11 AM »
Wow angry much? When she did a Q & A with her husband for the new book she introduced herself by saying “Hi, I’m Lizzie”. But you do you.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1827 on: June 21, 2023, 11:45:48 AM »
Wow angry much? When she did a Q & A with her husband for the new book she introduced herself by saying “Hi, I’m Lizzie”. But you do you.
Wow, overreact much?  I'm not angry at all.  It just seemed weird that you use her "casual" name like that.

It doesn't make it any better that she introduced herself doing a Q&A where she would obviously want to give the impression of intimacy.  But I've heard her specifically say in interviews things along the lines of "My friends call me Lizzie", and she certainly doesn't go by that name 24/7 or that's how she would be credited. 

So yeah, it's a little weird.  But you do you.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1828 on: June 21, 2023, 12:14:50 PM »
Back on topic.... my chimichurri skirt steak and my chicken and wild rice soup are fucking divine today.

:cheffypoo:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1829 on: June 21, 2023, 02:59:35 PM »
Getting under 300 pounds today.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1830 on: June 21, 2023, 03:01:54 PM »
Awesome Job!!!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1831 on: June 21, 2023, 03:30:40 PM »
Wow, overreact much?  I'm not angry at all.  It just seemed weird that you use her "casual" name like that.

It doesn't make it any better that she introduced herself doing a Q&A where she would obviously want to give the impression of intimacy.  But I've heard her specifically say in interviews things along the lines of "My friends call me Lizzie", and she certainly doesn't go by that name 24/7 or that's how she would be credited. 

So yeah, it's a little weird.  But you do you.

Maybe she is like the maestro on Seinfeld and wants everyone to call her Lizzie. :P :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1832 on: June 21, 2023, 03:46:31 PM »

That's not a very nice thing to say about the Queen!!!   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1833 on: June 21, 2023, 03:47:55 PM »
She'll reach out to let you know how she feels about that joke Chad.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1834 on: June 21, 2023, 04:53:35 PM »

Damn...  :rollin

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #1835 on: June 21, 2023, 06:31:10 PM »
My son turned 1 today. He is the happiest kid I have ever seen.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1836 on: June 21, 2023, 06:33:38 PM »
such a fun age. I would have said the same thing about my now 2.5 year old. So happy and smiley all the time. He's still great, but damn is he a handful as a toddler.  🤣

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1837 on: June 21, 2023, 06:38:43 PM »

Elizabeth Olsen. An actress.

I still had to look her up as the name was not familiar, and now I realize I have never seen her in anything, except, apparently, a small thumbnail here on dtf.org.

I was thinking of a joke along these lines, but couldn't find the proper wording.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1838 on: June 21, 2023, 06:41:21 PM »

That's amazing man! Good to hear you're kicking ass, its not easy.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #1839 on: June 21, 2023, 06:55:45 PM »
such a fun age. I would have said the same thing about my now 2.5 year old. So happy and smiley all the time. He's still great, but damn is he a handful as a toddler.  🤣

You're not kidding. I have a 3.5 year old as well and she is such a threenager. So dramatic all the time, but I love her so much.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1840 on: June 30, 2023, 07:57:25 AM »
Our CEO just sent around a company-wide email saying that, in honor of everything we've been through and everything we have still achieved in the first half of the year, we can take Monday as a bonus holiday off in addition to the July 4th holiday on Tuesday.

I was taking it anyway as PTO, but now it won't count against my PTO, and the whole company is over the moon.  Good mood activated!

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1841 on: June 30, 2023, 08:32:31 AM »
Our CEO just sent around a company-wide email saying that, in honor of everything we've been through and everything we have still achieved in the first half of the year, we can take Monday as a bonus holiday off in addition to the July 4th holiday on Tuesday.

I was taking it anyway as PTO, but now it won't count against my PTO, and the whole company is over the moon.  Good mood activated!

Nice!

My job moved to summer hours. So normally we're 9-5 with an hour lunch, Mon-Fri. Summer hours are Mon-Thur, 8-5:15 with a 30 min lunch. However, since there are virtually no students on campus needing us, and we lack enough front desk staff, we end up closing at 4 most days and still getting Friday off, as well as not actually opening till 9. So shorter hours, fewer days, same pay.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1842 on: June 30, 2023, 08:33:59 AM »
Awe yeah Hef.

Went to the cardiologist yesterday.  Got rid of one med.  My blood pressure is dropping with the weight.  Onward, and upward!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1843 on: June 30, 2023, 09:11:36 AM »
Awesome Joe!!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1844 on: June 30, 2023, 09:57:50 AM »
Great news all around kings!

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1845 on: June 30, 2023, 01:38:41 PM »
Awe yeah Hef.

Went to the cardiologist yesterday.  Got rid of one med.  My blood pressure is dropping with the weight.  Onward, and upward!

That's incredible man! Great to hear this!!!!  :tup  :heart

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1846 on: June 30, 2023, 01:59:37 PM »

Came in here to post something, but this^ made me happier.

Also, PTO until July 18th.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1847 on: June 30, 2023, 02:00:49 PM »
Awe yeah Hef.

My man.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1848 on: July 02, 2023, 02:54:57 PM »
Just found out that the one dispatcher that I absolutely hated at work is officially gone.

Dude was always on a power trip and had no idea how to talk to people he was supervising. Someone is struggling? Oh.. they must just be milking the clock because *he* can finish that route early.

Oh it's pouring rain, an experienced driver (me) is on an already tough and dangerous semi rural route, and my van breaks down? Dude still had the balls to give me shit for being behind. So sympathy.

This plus walking into a yard of German shepherd puppies just totally made my day.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1849 on: July 02, 2023, 05:25:11 PM »
I went to Rock Fantasy today. About an hour from me. Check this place out!!!!
 :D

http://www.rockfantasy.com

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1850 on: July 02, 2023, 06:45:41 PM »
Awe yeah Hef.

Outstanding mate.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1851 on: July 03, 2023, 08:38:26 AM »

Great job Joe!!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1852 on: July 05, 2023, 10:04:50 AM »
Killing it.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1853 on: July 09, 2023, 02:08:44 PM »
I have no idea who the artist is, but this short is fantastic!

https://youtube.com/shorts/yNJBWapJoUs?feature=share

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1854 on: July 13, 2023, 06:04:58 AM »
Nothing to do with me, but this story made me happy.

For as much as I dislike social media, I do admit that there is good that can come out of it, and in my opinion, this is what it was meant for.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2023/jul/07/ya-author-shoots-to-no-1-on-amazon-bestseller-list-after-viral-tiktok-video#:~:text=Former%20social%20worker%20and%20YA,New%20York%20Times%20bestseller%20list.

Summary: This writer was promoting his book at a book store and no one was stopping by his table. This TikToker decided to go up to his table and buy 2 books while filming it. The video blew up getting millions of views in a short time, and the guy ended up becoming the No. 1 seller on Amazon after the video. The kicker is that it seems the book is actually good. I actually saw the video on Imgur when it went viral.

I have no idea who the artist is, but this short is fantastic!

https://youtube.com/shorts/yNJBWapJoUs?feature=share

That's pretty cool
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk