Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 97075 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #1750 on: April 19, 2023, 03:21:31 PM »
Jackets that I couldn't zipper up last October now can be zipped up.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1751 on: April 21, 2023, 10:57:36 AM »
Well, it is Friday.  Kinda difficult not to be happy about that.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1752 on: May 03, 2023, 04:15:56 PM »
My sons best friend (like a son to me) got called up for the Detroit Tigers last night. Been watching this kid since t- ball and now he's in the Show! So proud of him. Hoping he debuts tonight.  Right handed pitcher, Brendan White!!!!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1753 on: May 03, 2023, 04:17:21 PM »
My sons best friend (like a son to me) got called up for the Detroit Tigers last night. Been watching this kid since t- ball and now he's in the Show! So proud of him. Hoping he debuts tonight.  Right handed pitcher, Brendan White!!!!

:metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1754 on: May 03, 2023, 04:19:19 PM »
Awesome!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1755 on: May 04, 2023, 05:51:16 AM »

That's awesome!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1756 on: May 04, 2023, 07:46:37 AM »
That is awesome!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1757 on: May 04, 2023, 07:48:51 AM »
According to the box score, he didn't get in last night..
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1758 on: May 04, 2023, 12:55:05 PM »
According to the box score, he didn't get in last night..

Unfortunately not. He was the 27th man for the double header.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1759 on: May 05, 2023, 06:31:50 AM »
I meant to post this yesterday, but with all of the parent/student college talk in the Exasperating Thread...

What made me happy was that my son came home for the summer on Thursday. Sophomore year..down!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1760 on: May 05, 2023, 07:26:42 AM »
I meant to post this yesterday, but with all of the parent/student college talk in the Exasperating Thread...

What made me happy was that my son came home for the summer on Thursday. Sophomore year..down!

YAY!   Mine is coming not next week, but early the week after (actually, I'm going to Dallas and driving her back).

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1761 on: May 05, 2023, 07:31:15 AM »

YAY!   Mine is coming not next week, but early the week after (actually, I'm going to Dallas and driving her back).

Driving from Dallas? I would love that!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1762 on: May 05, 2023, 09:28:37 AM »
Mine will be home tomorrow!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1763 on: May 05, 2023, 10:09:02 AM »
Enjoy those moments dads.  I know how it's fleeting it is these days. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1764 on: May 05, 2023, 11:23:23 AM »
I read recently that you spend 93% of the time you will ever spend with your children by the time they turn 18. Only 7% for the rest your life after they turn 18. That made me really sad. I'm trying to spend better time with my kids while I can, and I'm determined to still have a great relationship with them after they move out.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1765 on: May 05, 2023, 11:25:04 AM »
I read recently that you spend 93% of the time you will ever spend with your children by the time they turn 18. Only 7% for the rest your life after they turn 18. That made me really sad. I'm trying to spend better time with my kids while I can, and I'm determined to still have a great relationship with them after they move out.

That's a brutal stat.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1766 on: May 05, 2023, 11:26:00 AM »

That's a brutal stat.
I know, right? Made me want to cry thinking of all the time I could have been spending with my kids but instead was staring at my phone or doing something else pointless.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1767 on: May 05, 2023, 11:26:17 AM »
My brother is still in his snuggle time with his son. Turning 11 next month. It will end soon and he's a bit sad about it. His son and neighborhood friend were "bro'ing" each other playing a NBA game on their X Box. Lol

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1768 on: May 05, 2023, 11:27:35 AM »
My brother is still in his snuggle time with his son. Turning 11 next month. It will end soon and he's a bit sad about it. His son and neighborhood friend were "bro'ing" each other playing a NBA game on their X Box. Lol
My 14 year old son still lays his head on my shoulder when we're sitting next to each other on the couch sometimes. Every single time I think it will be the last.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1769 on: May 05, 2023, 11:29:36 AM »
That stat makes sense.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1770 on: May 05, 2023, 02:02:40 PM »

That's a brutal stat.
I know, right? Made me want to cry thinking of all the time I could have been spending with my kids but instead was staring at my phone or doing something else pointless.

I get two whole days in the car with my 22-year-old next week and I can't wait.  I spent a good portion of my therapy session this week talking about basically that stat more or less.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1771 on: May 05, 2023, 06:17:58 PM »

That's a brutal stat.

I get two whole days in the car with my 22-year-old next week and I can't wait.  I spent a good portion of my therapy session this week talking about basically that stat more or less.

I don't have kids but I could see that stat making a lot of sense. After I moved away to college I barely saw my mom. That said she had a couple of really serious health scares a few years ago so now I try to visit as much as I can and call 3-4 times a week. Definitely wish I spent more time with her when I lived in Florida.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1772 on: May 07, 2023, 06:39:31 PM »

Excellent news!  :tup :tup

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1773 on: May 09, 2023, 02:14:06 PM »
I could have sworn I shared this, but apparently I must have never clicked post....

Last Sunday was my 2 year anniversary of my first date with my gf.  She surprised me that morning by gifting me this:

She had asked me months ago what my favorite album was out of the blue and I told her without thinking too much of it.  She bought the vinyl signed by everyone but Kevin Moore and she framed it herself. Looks like I found the one!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1774 on: May 09, 2023, 02:15:28 PM »
Wow!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1775 on: May 09, 2023, 02:15:49 PM »
Marry her!

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1776 on: May 09, 2023, 02:19:42 PM »
That is a very thoughtful gift.  10/10 would marry. 
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1777 on: May 09, 2023, 02:25:55 PM »
Of course in about 10 years she's gonna want you to sell it. ;D

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1778 on: May 09, 2023, 02:26:44 PM »
Awesome!!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1779 on: May 09, 2023, 02:30:41 PM »
Of course in about 10 years she's gonna want you to sell it. ;D

:lol

She's a great gal.  One thing I made important about myself when we first met was my love for music and going to concerts.  She comes to a lot of the shows with me (She even saw the JP show last fall with MP) and she's been super supportive on me hanging all my concert memorabilia on the walls in my office which is likely what gave her the idea of this.  She apparently bought it before I pulled out my signed DT poster so she was a bit concerned I wouldn't like the gift, but this is wayyyy better than the poster and the poster is also with MM and JR so this is basically completely different which she didn't understand until I explained it.  This is hopefully still on my wall in 10 years, I can't imagine parting with it unless our relationship sinks and I lose my job  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1780 on: May 10, 2023, 03:55:32 AM »
Incredible.  She's expecting something big for her birthday you know?  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1781 on: May 10, 2023, 05:23:38 AM »

This! :lol

It's not that you get her a present, it's that you have to put thought into it.  :facepalm:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1782 on: May 10, 2023, 08:51:53 AM »

:lol probably.... I didn't even get her anything for the anniversary, well I did take her to Aruba and then to a concert together on our anniversary.  But just didn't get her a physical gift.  I guess you are right. I did feel a bit stupid when she handed me a gift and I was empty handed.  She agreed about the Aruba trip when I said sorry I feel like an idiot not having a gift, but still.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1783 on: May 10, 2023, 11:13:04 AM »
I could have sworn I shared this, but apparently I must have never clicked post....

Last Sunday was my 2 year anniversary of my first date with my gf.  She surprised me that morning by gifting me this:

She had asked me months ago what my favorite album was out of the blue and I told her without thinking too much of it.  She bought the vinyl signed by everyone but Kevin Moore and she framed it herself. Looks like I found the one!

Absolute Perfection.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1784 on: May 11, 2023, 06:30:25 AM »

Dude that's awesome! What a thoughtful gift!