Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 97311 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #1680 on: March 31, 2023, 12:17:32 PM »
That’s all pretty fuckin awesome, Marc.  :tup

For reals.  Happy for you, you certainly seem to be putting in the effort, so it's nice to see you get some reward for it!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1681 on: March 31, 2023, 12:25:57 PM »
Thank you, yeah, it's nice to get something for the effort.  Apparently they want to get another promotion cycle in this year for me, but I'm not so sure if that's what I want / will even happen.  Work certainly is very busy right now and they are already looking to send me on another Euro trip.  Typically I'd be like ugh, but I'm kind of seeing the green at this right now since I feel like I've been on a roll.

Either way, 30 more days and I'll be on vacation to Aruba with my gf, points paid for so that work travel certainly getting put to other good uses.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1682 on: March 31, 2023, 02:24:40 PM »
Great stuff Marc.....congrats on the hard work paying off  :tup
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #1683 on: March 31, 2023, 04:46:00 PM »
With limited training and my own drive, I made a work piece specifically asked by president of our factory to show my skills.
I see an email CC'ed to all departments saying        "Guys, we have a kickass Fabricator, great work Luke"
Damn happy about that and I know a nice raise is coming with that.

Congrats to king and cram   similar situations !

I will enjoy these beers tonight for all
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 04:55:41 PM by Spiritus »

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1684 on: April 01, 2023, 08:25:06 AM »
Damn Mrs. Hef, King and Marc are killing it. Fantastic news all around guys!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1685 on: April 01, 2023, 08:35:18 AM »
With limited training and my own drive, I made a work piece specifically asked by president of our factory to show my skills.
I see an email CC'ed to all departments saying        "Guys, we have a kickass Fabricator, great work Luke"

Congrats, good shit.  And we celebrated over here last night with A LOT of sushi and drinks  :yarr

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1686 on: April 01, 2023, 08:37:55 AM »

Oh I missed this, that's awesome news :tup

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #1687 on: April 02, 2023, 11:57:32 AM »
We had the first proper warm afternoon here in the UK today. My smile has been splitting my face all day. Managed to go for brunch with the wife and kiddo, then worked on our allotment, planted a load of veg, and chilled out with a few drinks listening to 6Radio (my wife's favourite).

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1688 on: April 02, 2023, 12:18:01 PM »
We had the first proper warm afternoon here in the UK today. My smile has been splitting my face all day. Managed to go for brunch with the wife and kiddo, then worked on our allotment, planted a load of veg, and chilled out with a few drinks listening to 6Radio (my wife's favourite).

Thats what life is all about! A thing of beauty!  :tup :metal

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #1689 on: April 02, 2023, 12:50:42 PM »

Right? It really has put me in such a great mood.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1690 on: April 02, 2023, 01:16:53 PM »

Er...what is an allotment? Is that like British for taxes?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #1691 on: April 02, 2023, 01:27:39 PM »

C'mon man  :lol  literally not sure if it's a UK thing or one of the many things that you are unaware of in this world. It's a plot of land, divided into individual smaller plots, that you pay a small amount to rent. You then use it to grow your own fruit and veg etc.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1692 on: April 02, 2023, 01:30:51 PM »

C'mon man  :lol  literally not sure if it's a UK thing or one of the many things that you are unaware of in this world. It's a plot of land, divided into individual smaller plots, that you pay a small amount to rent. You then use it to grow your own fruit and veg etc.

Oh Ok. So it's a mini garden amongst all of the other renters' mini gardens.

I think allotment might be a UK term. They have them where my wife works for the residents, and my SiL lives in a community and they have a mini garden in the mini garden area. Everyone has their own little square.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1693 on: April 02, 2023, 03:31:01 PM »

I don't know if it's "a UK thing," but it's definitely not an American thing.  I had no idea either.

They have them where my wife works for the residents, and my SiL lives in a community and they have a mini garden in the mini garden area. Everyone has their own little square.

Maybe it's a UK thing and a New England thing.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1694 on: April 02, 2023, 03:31:50 PM »
Haha. I meant it must be a UK term.  ;D

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1695 on: April 02, 2023, 03:36:32 PM »

Well...you know...those maniacs call French fries "chips" and chips "crisps," so....   :biggrin:
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1696 on: April 02, 2023, 03:40:36 PM »

Well...you know...those maniacs call French fries "chips" and chips "crisps," so....   :biggrin:

And they seem to have an abundance of "U"s.

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #1697 on: April 03, 2023, 02:19:24 AM »
Well I guess 'allotment' must be a UK term. Apologies Tim, you just can't use your awareness (or lack of) of something as a bench mark for all Americans  :lol

In further allotment updates (clearly you all want them) we have added loads of manure to the soil and will be planting more today  :tup

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1698 on: April 03, 2023, 06:06:51 AM »

Oh Ok. So it's a mini garden amongst all of the other renters' mini gardens.

I think allotment might be a UK term. They have them where my wife works for the residents, and my SiL lives in a community and they have a mini garden in the mini garden area. Everyone has their own little square.

They have those in Philadelphia, too.  I don't remember what they call them but it wasn't "allotment". 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1699 on: April 03, 2023, 06:20:24 AM »
At my wife’s facility they call them garden plots.

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #1700 on: April 03, 2023, 06:48:15 AM »

They look like this?

This is actually the allotment outside my house. We are lucky enough to live with this allotment on our doorstep. My son learnt to walk by exploring all corners of it.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1701 on: April 03, 2023, 07:21:20 AM »
Always fascinated by people taking pictures of people taking pictures.  (Not kidding and not being derogatory. It's interesting to me).

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1702 on: April 03, 2023, 09:20:41 AM »
Maybe I missed something, but I don't think there's anyone in that photo taking a picture.

I once did something where someone else and I stood about 10 feet apart and took pictures of each other.  I think I though it would be cool (I sort of had the idea of when there are two mirrors facing each other and you basically get infinite reflections), but it didn't turn out that way.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1703 on: April 03, 2023, 09:23:36 AM »
Maybe I missed something, but I don't think there's anyone in that photo taking a picture.

Stadler lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1704 on: April 03, 2023, 09:25:41 AM »
Tim, I think their called "Community Gardens."
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1705 on: April 03, 2023, 09:53:20 AM »

Stadler lol

That woman in the salmon shirt and jeans isn't holding a camera?   I mean, maybe she's not but it's not as if I looked at a picture of the desert and claimed water.  :) :) :)

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1706 on: April 03, 2023, 11:02:45 AM »

They look like this?

This is actually the allotment outside my house. We are lucky enough to live with this allotment on our doorstep. My son learnt to walk by exploring all corners of it.

Is that you in the white tee shirt?

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #1707 on: April 03, 2023, 11:50:41 AM »

They look like this?

Is that you in the white tee shirt?

No, this is just a picture I pulled off the net. I have no idea who those people are, but it is where I live.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1708 on: April 03, 2023, 12:50:17 PM »

Stadler lol

That woman in the salmon shirt and jeans isn't holding a camera?   I mean, maybe she's not but it's not as if I looked at a picture of the desert and claimed water.  :) :) :)

I get why you thought that.  I did the old "open image in new tab" and zoomed in.  Pretty sure she's either shielding her eyes from the sun or wiping her face or moving her hair aside.  What I really don't understand is why no one commented on the polar bear on the roof of one of the buildings.

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #1709 on: April 03, 2023, 02:32:31 PM »

Stadler lol

I get why you thought that.  I did the old "open image in new tab" and zoomed in.  Pretty sure she's either shielding her eyes from the sun or wiping her face or moving her hair aside.  What I really don't understand is why no one commented on the polar bear on the roof of one of the buildings.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1710 on: April 03, 2023, 02:34:42 PM »
I thought the dude in the yellow shirt was Luke.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1711 on: April 03, 2023, 02:42:16 PM »
I thought the dude in the yellow shirt was Luke.

Luke pulled a pic from the internet but he lives in that exact picture. Are they squatters?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1712 on: April 03, 2023, 02:45:06 PM »
Luke, why didn't you just step outside and take a picture of it? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1713 on: April 03, 2023, 02:57:04 PM »

Too much work. It was easier to find it online dummy. Maybe he saw them outside and waited for whoever took the pic to put it online.  :rollin

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #1714 on: April 03, 2023, 03:03:34 PM »

I'll be honest, I've yet to work out the quickest/easiest way to share my own photos on here. Teach me the ways.