Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 97160 times)

Offline Glasser

Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #1575 on: January 16, 2023, 02:58:52 PM »
Shrimp Parmesan.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1576 on: January 16, 2023, 03:51:50 PM »
Shrimp Parmesan.

THAT's Stadler's secret??
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1577 on: January 16, 2023, 03:57:39 PM »
Shrimp Parmesan.

Thought it was his nickname.

I am so sorry.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1578 on: January 16, 2023, 04:05:34 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1579 on: January 16, 2023, 07:42:10 PM »
Really want to start a petition to rename TAC to Waltorf.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1580 on: January 16, 2023, 07:43:16 PM »
 :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1581 on: January 17, 2023, 06:56:35 AM »
Shrimp Parmesan.

Thought it was his nickname.

I am so sorry.

I'm feeling undervalued.

Online Adami

« Reply #1582 on: January 17, 2023, 06:57:30 AM »
Have you considered quiet quitting?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1583 on: January 17, 2023, 12:07:50 PM »
I put my kid on a plane back to college on Saturday (that's not the part that made me happy).  She spent a good chunk of the break complaining about her roommate who, apparently, was a slacker (dropped two classes and didn't go to at least one final) and an inconsiderate nob.  In talking through everything my kid knows, we all concluded there was a decent chance the roommate would flunk out and not return.  If she did return, my daughter was contemplating asking for a room change.

On the way to the airport, my daughter checked an email from the resident advisor and noticed that the roommate wasn't on the distribution list.  When she got to her room, the roommate's name wasn't on the door anymore, but her stuff was still there.  A mutual "friend" texted the roommate, who responded that she was going to be back on Monday.  Yesterday, the roommate showed up to learn that she had, in fact, flunked out.  My daughter knew that the roommate hadn't properly activated her email, so she likely missed any number of important notifications from professors and the school (although they really should have sent something by actual mail).  She'll be back sometime later this week to clear out the rest of her stuff.

While I feel bad for the roommate's parents (who presumably were completely surprised by all this), I'm ecstatic for my kid.  Not only is she rid of a complete turd of a roommate, but she gets the room to herself (for at least a little while).  AND, even better, my kid and her 4.0 GPA made the Dean's List (she was the only California kid on the list)!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1584 on: January 17, 2023, 12:12:54 PM »
Great for your kid, I wish my freshmen year roommate didn't come back after the first semester  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1585 on: January 24, 2023, 10:07:02 AM »
I just went down a medium-length Bill Burr rabbit hole.   Golly-Darn it is he funny.  "You know what makes women happy?   NOTHING!"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1586 on: January 24, 2023, 11:35:47 AM »
I just went down a medium-length Bill Burr rabbit hole.   Golly-Darn it is he funny.  "You know what makes women happy?   NOTHING!"

Untrue.  My wife is completely happy when she's pissed.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1587 on: January 24, 2023, 12:46:37 PM »

Untrue.  My wife is completely happy when she's pissed.

HAHA

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1588 on: January 24, 2023, 12:47:02 PM »
Rumors are that Billy Squier might be releasing new music here before too long. YAY!

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #1589 on: January 24, 2023, 02:24:24 PM »
Mike Portnoy AND Billy Sheehan shared my review of the new Winery Dogs on their social media.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1590 on: January 24, 2023, 02:25:08 PM »
Mike Portnoy AND Billy Sheehan shared my review of the new Winery Dogs on their social media.

:metal :metal

Offline Deathless

« Reply #1591 on: January 24, 2023, 02:47:21 PM »
Rumors are that Billy Squier might be releasing new music here before too long. YAY!

Did you catch the brief teaser on his site?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1592 on: January 24, 2023, 02:51:05 PM »

I did; I'm not putting too much weight into that (I'm not a big fan of horns) but his voice sounds good.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1593 on: January 24, 2023, 04:23:31 PM »

I did; I'm not putting too much weight into that (I'm not a big fan of horns) but his voice sounds good.

In The Dark.  :hefdaddy

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1594 on: January 31, 2023, 06:46:59 AM »
Since I changed my eating habits, I was down 34 pounds.  8 days into the 2 week liquid diet prep for the surgery, I'm down 16 more pounds.  after the surgery, I will be down 30 more pounds in the 1st month and 160 total by a full year.

Feeling good right now!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Adami

« Reply #1595 on: January 31, 2023, 06:47:59 AM »
Since I changed my eating habits, I was down 34 pounds.  8 days into the 2 week liquid diet prep for the surgery, I'm down 16 more pounds.  after the surgery, I will be down 30 more pounds in the 1st month and 160 total by a full year.

Feeling good right now!

Ready to fight Apollo yet?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1596 on: January 31, 2023, 06:50:06 AM »

Feeling good right now!

Time for a whole new wardrobe!  That's awesome bro

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1597 on: January 31, 2023, 06:56:14 AM »
I'm waiting until summer time to buy new cloths, I hope.  We'll see.  Maybe, just jeans because I have tees and shorts that didn't fit me. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1598 on: January 31, 2023, 08:45:08 AM »

Feeling good right now!

That's great  :metal

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1599 on: January 31, 2023, 08:53:43 AM »
Hot damn King way to go!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1600 on: January 31, 2023, 09:06:13 AM »
I'm waiting for it...
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1601 on: January 31, 2023, 09:43:40 AM »

Feeling good right now!

And we're feeling good for you!! I think I can include YOUR post in my entry to "what made you happy today?"  :) :)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1602 on: January 31, 2023, 10:07:47 AM »

Feeling good right now!

And we're feeling good for you!! I think I can include YOUR post in my entry to "what made you happy today?"  :) :)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1603 on: January 31, 2023, 10:36:16 AM »
This is what I had for lunch and I'm stuffed.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1604 on: January 31, 2023, 02:52:04 PM »
Joe, the real work is AFTER your surgery, but I'm glad you are hitting your checkpoints so far. You seem like you have a great attitude about it so I hope you keep it going.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1605 on: January 31, 2023, 03:08:22 PM »
I started the real work before. Changed all my eating habits,  my stomach has shrunk all ready. I'm ready to roll into this year and on.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1606 on: January 31, 2023, 03:25:52 PM »
Good. I only say that because we have a family member AND a family friend that each had the surgery and....gained back all of the weight. I also worked with a guy that gained back half of it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1607 on: January 31, 2023, 03:58:33 PM »

Feeling good right now!

Fuck yes mate.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1608 on: January 31, 2023, 04:00:02 PM »
I started the real work before. Changed all my eating habits,  my stomach has shrunk all ready. I'm ready to roll into this year and on.

That's what it's all about.  People use the word diet, but it's simply a full lifestyle change.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1609 on: January 31, 2023, 04:00:59 PM »
This is what I had for lunch and I'm stuffed.

Nothing beats a good solid protein shake.  Joe, not sure about over there but those premixed ones are so much more expensive than buying a tub of powder.  Maybe food for thought.