Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 97149 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #1540 on: January 05, 2023, 11:59:45 AM »
The toothpick is a particularly bitchin look.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1541 on: January 05, 2023, 03:14:02 PM »
I woke up to live another day. I'm seriously grateful for that.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1542 on: January 05, 2023, 04:46:21 PM »

Yep.  This is the kind of perspective the masses are missing mate.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1543 on: January 05, 2023, 05:36:15 PM »

I lose sight of it sometimes but I'm truly becoming very mindful.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1544 on: January 05, 2023, 05:43:23 PM »

I lose sight of it sometimes but I'm truly becoming very mindful.

Of course.  We all have our moments where we lose sight of the big picture and our minds wander and spiral.  Just have to bring yourself back sometimes.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1545 on: January 06, 2023, 11:34:56 AM »
My son makes me happy on a pretty regular basis.  He's seven going on eight, and it's been so fun watching him develop his interests, intellect, and personality.  He's pretty hilarious as well, and has a really good combination of a strong vocabulary and comedic timing.  He's an awesome kid, and I'm glad I'm his dad!
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1546 on: January 06, 2023, 11:36:47 AM »
My son makes me happy on a pretty regular basis.  He's seven going on eight, and it's been so fun watching him develop his interests, intellect, and personality.  He's pretty hilarious as well, and has a really good combination of a strong vocabulary and comedic timing.  He's an awesome kid, and I'm glad I'm his dad!

That's awesome.  Such a fun time of their life.  Hard to comprehend that was 15 years ago for me!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online faizoff

« Reply #1547 on: January 06, 2023, 11:47:05 AM »

Awesome stuff! I feel this and can relate 100%, my daughter is 8 and is the same, she's hilarious and has quippy comebacks. Son is 2 and is also hilarious, the kids make me so happy being a dad.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1548 on: January 06, 2023, 02:54:01 PM »
Those are great ages.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1549 on: January 06, 2023, 04:13:06 PM »
Pepperoni Pizza tonight.  :tup

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1550 on: January 07, 2023, 04:29:13 AM »

The best kind of pizza.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1551 on: January 07, 2023, 02:19:32 PM »

The best kind of pizza.

Absolutely. Epic diet fail to start 2023 because I feel like a few McDoubles tonight and I'm going for it.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1552 on: January 07, 2023, 04:36:17 PM »
My son is currently in the kitchen making completely homemade (except for the cheese, of course) pizza for his sister's birthday.  Not sure what's going on it since she's a vegetarian, but he made one the other day with chicken, spinach and ricotta cheese and another one with salami and something else I don't remember.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1553 on: January 07, 2023, 05:50:52 PM »
My son is currently in the kitchen making completely homemade (except for the cheese, of course) pizza for his sister's birthday.  Not sure what's going on it since she's a vegetarian, but he made one the other day with chicken, spinach and ricotta cheese and another one with salami and something else I don't remember.

That sounds delicious! What a great brother, that's nice! Happy birthday to your daughter. Enjoy.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1554 on: January 08, 2023, 10:29:11 PM »

That sounds delicious! What a great brother, that's nice! Happy birthday to your daughter. Enjoy.

Thanks.  He's REALLY good, although he doesn't have a super wide range.  A couple years ago at Christmas, he cooked rib eyes for him and me (reverse sear) and made homemade pasta and sauce for the wife and daughter.  When he went to NYC in November for an anime convention, he wanted a VRBO instead of a hotel.  Why?  So he could cook for himself and his friends.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1555 on: January 10, 2023, 11:36:26 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIIZ2xMPaG4

Friggin' Eddie VH.   Watching him play makes me smile.   Even in an ensemble, playing something like The Rolling Stone's "Bitch", you know EXACTLY who you're listening to.   What a player. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1556 on: January 11, 2023, 10:06:26 AM »
About a year ago, I got an email about a class action settlement for StubHub.  According to the email, the lawsuit alleged "that StubHub’s method of displaying ticket fees charged to purchasers was improper under California’s consumer protection laws because the fees were not disclosed until checkout."  Looks like the class was limited to California residents who made at least one purchase between Sept. 2015 to Sept. 2019.  It gave an option to receive up to $20 cash or a credit on my account, which was "estimated to range from $80 to $133."

As with most class action notifications, I submitted a claim and forgot about it.  I opted for the account credit.

This morning I got an email telling me that the settlement resulted in a credit on my account of just under $550!  I went on StubHub and verified that it was legit.  Holy crap!

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1557 on: January 11, 2023, 10:35:54 AM »
Dang, that's awesome! Did you actually spend $550 on StubHub?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1558 on: January 11, 2023, 11:21:33 AM »
Dang, that's awesome! Did you actually spend $550 on StubHub?

Over the years, I've spent thousands of dollars on tickets through StubHub.  I know I spent more than $2,000 on three Stanley Cup Final tickets in 2012.

The way this particular class action settlement worked is that a fixed dollar amount was allocated for account credits, with the exact amount each person received being dependent on how many claims were received.  I kept the original email that estimated each person would receive between $80-133, so they must have received a much lower volume of claims than expected.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1560 on: January 12, 2023, 06:18:51 AM »

Offline emtee

« Reply #1561 on: January 12, 2023, 06:31:49 AM »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1562 on: January 12, 2023, 07:12:05 AM »
Got a good laugh from this story.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trans-teacher-giant-prosthetic-breasts-causes-canadian-school-board-demand-dress-code-policy-change

That was at the high school I went to.  Such a bizarre story.

Really? What are the odds. How cool is that.

Serious as a heart attack.  It's a different physical building than I attended (the school moved in the late 90s iirc), but yeah... that's my HS.  I saw the story when it first broke a few months back.  Bizarre is the only word that comes to mind.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1563 on: January 12, 2023, 12:32:12 PM »
That story almost doesn't seem real and even more bizarre that it's in Canada and not the US  :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1564 on: January 12, 2023, 12:41:25 PM »
What a hoserette.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1565 on: January 13, 2023, 04:12:37 AM »
 :lol What the fuck is this world coming to!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1566 on: January 13, 2023, 09:06:23 AM »
Yeah that is fucked up, and I cannot believe that anyone would think that's acceptable.

What if I wanted to live my life as a big dicked man and put a visible dildo down my pants to my calf? I'd be fired in a minute and probably accused of sexual harrasment.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1567 on: January 13, 2023, 09:10:03 AM »
Why are people mad? Best I can tell, they're enforcing a more professional dress code.

Doesn't seem like much of an issue other than giving Tucker Carlson something to scream about and make people get angry.

Seems to be working.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1568 on: January 13, 2023, 09:33:45 AM »
This story is a couple of months old anyway, isn't it?

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1569 on: January 13, 2023, 09:37:22 AM »

Seems to be to some degree.

Plus it's Canada, so who cares? They're not even a real country anyway.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1570 on: January 13, 2023, 09:44:05 AM »

Seems to be to some degree.

Plus it's Canada, so who cares? They're not even a real country anyway.

Right, and they're not real boobs. The ones in the story anyway.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1571 on: January 13, 2023, 03:11:33 PM »
 :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1572 on: January 16, 2023, 12:46:11 PM »
Yeah that is fucked up, and I cannot believe that anyone would think that's acceptable.

What if I wanted to live my life as a big dicked man and put a visible dildo down my pants to my calf? I'd be fired in a minute and probably accused of sexual harrasment.

I wasn't.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1573 on: January 16, 2023, 12:47:36 PM »

I wasn't.

Impressive!  ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1574 on: January 16, 2023, 02:56:47 PM »

I wasn't.

You need to share your secret.