Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 97170 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #1505 on: December 13, 2022, 05:37:55 PM »
You had a Nintendo buddy. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1506 on: December 13, 2022, 05:38:39 PM »
You had a Nintendo buddy. Lol

No I the hell didn't!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1507 on: December 13, 2022, 05:41:05 PM »
Can and string man?  Lol.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1508 on: December 14, 2022, 02:59:27 AM »
It's Colorform fun!  ;D

Err......I'm sure it is.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1509 on: December 14, 2022, 09:57:51 AM »
When I look at that picture it reminds me of my Colorforms when I was a kid, where you had all right facking people in a scene, but only had one left looking decal, and since you couldn't figure out where to put it, you just stuck it in the middle.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Colorforms; I used to have a couple of those and I LOVED them.  Looking back now, I'm like "Wha?????"  I can't imagine why I spent so much time with them.  But I did.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1510 on: December 14, 2022, 03:46:56 PM »
My Secret Santa at work got me a bottle of whiskey.  Not a brand I would have bought myself, but still.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1511 on: December 14, 2022, 06:57:03 PM »
My Secret Santa at work got me a bottle of whiskey.  Not a brand I would have bought myself, but still.

I would have gotten you Colorforms.  :biggrin:

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1512 on: December 15, 2022, 03:02:21 AM »

Can you get me some so I know what the fuck they are?!

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1513 on: December 15, 2022, 02:40:41 PM »

Can you get me some so I know what the fuck they are?!

Here you go.  :biggrin:

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1514 on: December 15, 2022, 04:32:25 PM »
I can't breath.   :)  :heart

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1515 on: December 15, 2022, 04:52:36 PM »
I can't breath.   :)  :heart

I can't see it.   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1516 on: December 16, 2022, 03:04:05 AM »
I still don't know what the fuck it is!  :lol

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1517 on: December 16, 2022, 07:14:38 AM »
Colorforms.  :lol :lol And of course Kiss had some!!  Gene Simmons and George Lucas must have been in contact with each other when it came to merchandising!!

Remote start and heated seats in my new car made me really happy this morning.  It's essential out here in Indiana!
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1518 on: December 16, 2022, 10:43:12 AM »
I had that, the Kiss Lunchbox.  The Kiss board game, the HBO Special, Kiss comic book with their blood in the ink, the Kiss Dolls, both versions ones with the flexible arms and the one's without.  I had the Kiss Ace Frehley costume for Halloween. I could go on.  LOL

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1519 on: December 16, 2022, 11:32:36 AM »
I had that, the Kiss Lunchbox.  The Kiss board game, the HBO Special, Kiss comic book with their blood in the ink, the Kiss Dolls, both versions ones with the flexible arms and the one's without.  I had the Kiss Ace Frehley costume for Halloween. I could go on.  LOL

This was such a huge event when I was in 6th grade.  I watched despite knowing virtually nothing about KISS.  If I recall correctly, it was filmed at Magic Mountain.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1520 on: December 16, 2022, 12:20:48 PM »
Funny story. I got in a fight that day it was airing.  A girl told this kid I called him fat.  Which I didn't, but because he was such an asshole I said, "But you are."

So he was kicking my ass the whole time.  Finally towards the end of the fight, I get on top of him with his arms pinned with my legs.  I'm destroying him.  The circle around us of people disappear like a WB cartoon and I get pulled off him by my hair by a nun.  We both got suspended.   A kindergarten kid told the nun there was a fight. It was my brother.  He didn't know it was me.

My brother got punished for ratting on me and I stayed up and watched Kiss Meets The Phantom of the Park. 

To this day he crapped on my parents for getting punished for doing the right thing. Lol

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1521 on: December 16, 2022, 02:14:06 PM »
Submitted my final assignment for the semester  :metal
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1522 on: December 16, 2022, 02:21:15 PM »

This was such a huge event when I was in 6th grade.  I watched despite knowing virtually nothing about KISS.  If I recall correctly, it was filmed at Magic Mountain.

I still have my copy of that somewhere.  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1523 on: December 16, 2022, 02:39:01 PM »
Funny story. I got in a fight that day it was airing.  A girl told this kid I called him fat.  Which I didn't, but because he was such an asshole I said, "But you are."

So he was kicking my ass the whole time.  Finally towards the end of the fight, I get on top of him with his arms pinned with my legs.  I'm destroying him.  The circle around us of people disappear like a WB cartoon and I get pulled off him by my hair by a nun.  We both got suspended.   A kindergarten kid told the nun there was a fight. It was my brother.  He didn't know it was me.

My brother got punished for ratting on me and I stayed up and watched Kiss Meets The Phantom of the Park. 

To this day he crapped on my parents for getting punished for doing the right thing. Lol

:lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1524 on: December 16, 2022, 04:21:58 PM »

I remember watching it on TV. In my house we also busted this out for the movie..

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1525 on: December 16, 2022, 05:21:48 PM »
I wonder if Namath was wearing pantyhose when that photo was taken.   :lol

King, that story is classic Catholic school stuff!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1526 on: December 16, 2022, 05:24:08 PM »
The stories I could tell you about catholic grammar school.   Lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1527 on: December 16, 2022, 07:43:34 PM »

I remember watching it on TV. In my house we also busted this out for the movie..

:lol  He is so happy thinking about the amount of money he's getting just for holding that thing!!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1528 on: December 17, 2022, 11:27:42 PM »
The stories I could tell you about catholic grammar school.   Lol

Same.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1529 on: December 19, 2022, 11:23:06 AM »

Great story!

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #1530 on: December 19, 2022, 12:02:35 PM »
This

A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1531 on: December 19, 2022, 12:08:37 PM »
This

There's a fine line between that and the world's biggest chokers.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1532 on: December 19, 2022, 01:04:47 PM »
Reminds me of that epic World Series where they stopped playing baseball and decided the winner with a home run derby.  Or that one Super Bowl that was decided by a field goal kicking contest.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1533 on: December 19, 2022, 01:06:40 PM »
Reminds me of that epic World Series where they stopped playing baseball and decided the winner with a home run derby.  Or that one Super Bowl that was decided by a field goal kicking contest.

:lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1534 on: December 21, 2022, 09:11:25 AM »
This video of young drummer Tora meeting her idol, Senri Kawaguchi.... Happiest part happens around 2 minutes, but the whole video is awesomely happy...

https://youtu.be/_2iH2jzkW00

Offline Hellholming

• EZBoard Elder
  • hellraisin'
« Reply #1535 on: December 23, 2022, 03:51:02 PM »
A few oldschool live DT gigs, and a new one from Rio last summer.. on youtube.
Professional idiot.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1536 on: December 23, 2022, 06:09:24 PM »
A few oldschool live DT gigs, and a new one from Rio last summer.. on youtube.

:tup

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1537 on: December 27, 2022, 09:26:03 AM »
My best friend and his wife (who is also one of my closest and dearest friends and I love her to death) are back in town after moving out of state 6 months ago. He and I and another one of our closest friends (who live almost 4 hours away now) all hung out last night for the first time in over a year.

We spent several hours just walking around the house outdoor mall we have here locally, and had dinner in the food court. Total throwback to like 15 years ago :lol

What made it better is my friend's wife wound up there too to meet up with one of her friends and we got to hang out with her as well for a while. That right there totally made my week. Seeing her never fails to just... Really make me happy.

I know some people would think it's strange that I have such an attachment to my best friend's wife but like... She and I got really close in high school after sharing the very unique experience of her highschool boyfriend (before meeting her now husband) and my girlfriend at the time cheating on us with each other. Pretty openly. Long story there.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1538 on: December 27, 2022, 10:22:43 AM »
Sounds awesome, Jay.  You deserve it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1539 on: January 05, 2023, 11:57:13 AM »

I'm not sure "happy" is the right word; it did put a smile on my face though.   Someone at least is living life large.  :)