Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 97271 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #1470 on: December 09, 2022, 01:07:54 PM »
Which song? Temples Of Syrinx? The Manhatten Project?  ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1471 on: December 09, 2022, 01:12:13 PM »

I did joke with Jackie that I'd have the trio play all of 2112 but at half speed haha.

Nah, we did Closer to the Heart. Her dad organized it for a trio which was really cool.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1472 on: December 09, 2022, 01:48:19 PM »
You wife's name is Jackie? Nice.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1473 on: December 09, 2022, 01:56:50 PM »

Emily.

My unofficial wife's name is Jackie.  :biggrin:
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1474 on: December 10, 2022, 04:01:32 PM »
Pending the results of my Federal Government exam (which I'm pretty confident I aced), I got all A's again this semester and brought my GPA back up to 3.9. I'm still pissed about the B I got last semester because it was a shitty professor, otherwise I'd have a 4.0.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1475 on: December 10, 2022, 04:11:01 PM »

Emily.

My unofficial wife's name is Jackie.  :biggrin:

:lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1476 on: December 11, 2022, 02:26:35 PM »

Losing It  :biggrin:
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1477 on: December 11, 2022, 02:28:14 PM »

Losing It  :biggrin:

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1478 on: December 11, 2022, 03:10:51 PM »
Not so much today, but (taken from my post in the Jeopardy thread):

Soooo...I got a call last week from a number I didn't recognize, so I almost didn't answer but I did anyway.  And I'm glad I did.  It was a contestant coordinator from Jeopardy.  Nothing firm yet, but she did ask about my availability over the next 2-3 months and confirmed all my info.  Knocking on wood!

And I gotta start working on things like literature and modern pop culture.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1479 on: December 11, 2022, 05:29:14 PM »

Soooo...I got a call last week from a number I didn't recognize, so I almost didn't answer but I did anyway.  And I'm glad I did.  It was a contestant coordinator from Jeopardy.  Nothing firm yet, but she did ask about my availability over the next 2-3 months and confirmed all my info.  Knocking on wood!

Tim will be your quizmaster.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1480 on: December 11, 2022, 06:01:55 PM »
He's great with anything from the 80's. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1481 on: December 12, 2022, 07:30:23 AM »
You have to make sure you keep us in the loop, PG. I want to be able to tell people - read: my wife - that I know someone on TV!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1482 on: December 12, 2022, 08:10:04 AM »
You have to make sure you keep us in the loop, PG. I want to be able to tell people - read: my wife - that I know someone on TV!

You already do!

I made it on a Red Sox broadcast a few years ago...looking at the wrong camera...

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1483 on: December 12, 2022, 08:13:57 AM »
In the early 90's I had tickets,1st row when the 1st base line meets the wall.  there was a foul ball and I had my buddy hold my feet.  The baseball bounced off my hand and I got boo'd. :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1484 on: December 12, 2022, 08:32:36 AM »

You already do!

I made it on a Red Sox broadcast a few years ago...looking at the wrong camera...

Yeah, but where's Rik Emmett?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1485 on: December 12, 2022, 08:52:29 AM »
I was thinking about this and I almost posted this yesterday, but in all seriousness, I'm happy that you are posting like an asshole again.  :lol

CHAD is back!!!!!!!

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #1486 on: December 12, 2022, 08:58:48 AM »
I'm happy that TAC ordered his Christmas gift and is going to see Helloween again.  :metal
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1487 on: December 12, 2022, 09:01:13 AM »
I'm happy that TAC ordered his Christmas gift and is going to see Helloween again.  :metal

Shit, me too.

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1488 on: December 12, 2022, 09:28:30 AM »

You already do!

Always reminded me of this clip from 'Seinfeld'  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIOI-Rs-eo0
(even includes a troublemaker Oriole fan from Towson :D)
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1489 on: December 12, 2022, 09:34:18 AM »

Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately), my prior game show appearance from about 20 years ago does not appear to be online anywhere.   :)

And yeah, I'm counting on Tim to educate me about 2010s pop and hip hop music.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1490 on: December 12, 2022, 09:38:26 AM »
My wife, who is a rabbi, is helping a young man prepare for his bar mitzvah and the kid seems to be struggling. He's a big Neil Gaiman fan, so my wife tweeted at him with 0 hopes and Neil asked her to DM him and then wrote a really lovely and decently long message for the kid to inspire him.

Just a really kind act that he didn't have to do. Thanks Neil!
That is INCREDIBLY cool.

w00t!  Good luck!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1491 on: December 12, 2022, 09:40:15 AM »
w00t? Now that's a phrase I've not heard in a while.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1492 on: December 12, 2022, 09:40:48 AM »
w00t? Now that's a phrase I've not heard in a while.
It escapes from me every once in a while.  :biggrin:
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1493 on: December 12, 2022, 10:01:06 AM »

Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately), my prior game show appearance from about 20 years ago does not appear to be online anywhere.   :)

And yeah, I'm counting on Tim to educate me about 2010s pop and hip hop music.

OK.. What is....GTFO of here? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1494 on: December 12, 2022, 12:15:54 PM »
I was thinking about this and I almost posted this yesterday, but in all seriousness, I'm happy that you are posting like an asshole again.  :lol

CHAD is back!!!!!!!

We all need our distractions.   :biggrin:

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #1495 on: December 12, 2022, 01:14:30 PM »
2 things made me happy today

1. I finished paying off my car  :metal

2. This: https://apnews.com/article/richmond-virginia-united-states-government-state-and-politics-909fa32f1ab49af9357c8dc3f384032f
Putting aside the obvious reasons, this statue is right in the middle of a major intersection, and it’s a nightmare. It’s a nonsensical combination of a roundabout and a regular 4-way intersection. I see accidents happen all the time here. Glad to see it go away.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1496 on: December 12, 2022, 03:21:39 PM »

You already do!

:lol  WTF are you looking at bro?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1497 on: December 12, 2022, 03:23:54 PM »

You already do!

Is that Tejada?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1498 on: December 13, 2022, 05:56:54 AM »

You already do!

:lol  WTF are you looking at bro?

$5 says "boobs". 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1499 on: December 13, 2022, 03:20:18 PM »
When I look at that picture it reminds me of my Colorforms when I was a kid, where you had all right facking people in a scene, but only had one left looking decal, and since you couldn't figure out where to put it, you just stuck it in the middle.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1500 on: December 13, 2022, 03:48:50 PM »
When I look at that picture it reminds me of my Colorforms when I was a kid, where you had all right facking people in a scene, but only had one left looking decal, and since you couldn't figure out where to put it, you just stuck it in the middle.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1501 on: December 13, 2022, 04:35:22 PM »

I have no fucking idea what anything means in this sentence.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1502 on: December 13, 2022, 04:40:42 PM »
It's Colorform fun!  ;D

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1503 on: December 13, 2022, 05:28:59 PM »
It's Colorform fun!  ;D

The worst was when the pieces lost their "TAC"kiness and wouldn't stick anymore.  >:(

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1504 on: December 13, 2022, 05:33:00 PM »
It's Colorform fun!  ;D

The worst was when the pieces lost their "TAC"kiness and wouldn't stick anymore.  >:(

Kids these days with their Nintendos and shit... :lol