Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 96733 times)

Offline pg1067

Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #1400 on: December 01, 2022, 09:53:29 AM »
Does this make sense?

I think what you're saying is that these people aren't related in any way, shape or form (even though one is related to you by blood and the other by marriage).  Right?

Even if these folks were blood cousins, sexual relations between first cousins are legal in the majority of U.S. states (i.e., the definition of incest does not include sex between first cousins), and there are at least 17 states in which marriage between first cousins is legal (with 7 others allowing it under certain conditions).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1401 on: December 01, 2022, 09:53:49 AM »
To me this is just two unrelated adults who met as adults and liked each other. Nothing weird about it.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1402 on: December 01, 2022, 11:01:05 AM »
My biological father is her step-father and my biological father's sister (my aunt) is his mother.  Does this make sense?
So there is no blood relation, but it's still in-family so it's weird.

Right?

So, I was trying to make the connection of step-sibling + cousin to comparable relatives of mine (I can envision the situation with a step-brother and female cousin).  And under the circumstances Harmony's situation was with death/divorce, I can see it, and it would be slightly odd/weird, but certainly far from disgusting - especially if the cousin is from a parentage different than the step-sibling.  In my situation, I'm seeing my (deceased) father's step-son (ie, my step-brother) + my father's neice (ie, my cousin).  Kinda strange, but not out of the question.

So, good on them.  :tup
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1403 on: December 01, 2022, 11:11:12 AM »
I mean, life is short, so if you can find happiness while remaining legal, more power to you.

As long as you are able to deal with the people in the family who find it too weird to handle.  Then, I suppose some choices might have to be made.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1404 on: December 01, 2022, 11:18:44 AM »
It may be common (I'm sure it is) and it may be legal, it also may not be blood related, but something about spending 40 years of family parties together and then becoming a thing is still very "ew" in my book.  If they are happy, that's great, but it's awkward af IMO.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1405 on: December 01, 2022, 02:39:12 PM »
My biological father is her step-father and my biological father's sister (my aunt) is his mother.  Does this make sense?
So there is no blood relation, but it's still in-family so it's weird.

Right?

Exactly - no blood relation at all.  I think the really only weird thing is that we all kind of grew up together as family.  But TBH, they've always had a good relationship in that their humor and banter is very alike and they share a lot of interests in many ways.  It is a bit surprising in that they live in different states - he's an attorney and she's an artist so there is a bit of him being more cerebral and she being more in the art/teaching realm.

I'm happy for them - to answer Stadler's question.  They are grown ass adults and both are single so who am I to judge?  I do wonder a little bit about how his kids feel about it.  His younger daughter has had some mental health challenges and my step-sister has been a mentor to her for years in an "auntie" kind of way.  I can see this throwing them for a bit of a loop as they are more with their mom on the divorce side of things.

Cram - you might be surprised to learn that cousins have relationships and even marry more than you'd think.  I saw a Dr. Phil show a few years ago and I was completely shocked myself.  But this situation isn't that as there are absolutely no blood ties between them.

If anyone is struggling with the relationship, it might be my aunt and uncle (his parents).  My aunt wrote to me that she sees it as, "Two lonely people who know each other well."  This is the first relationship for both after major losses.  Who knows if it will ultimately work out for them but they are not hurting anyone so I am happy for them.

I'm with you; who am I to judge?  I think the only thing that gives me any pause has nothing to do with their relative status and that is the "rebound" side of things.  I married a widow (the first time) and it's a whole different ballgame than losing a parent or a family member. 

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1406 on: December 01, 2022, 06:07:21 PM »
Jezuz…. Did you two both Google “confused black kid”??

I just googled it and got this.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1407 on: December 01, 2022, 06:15:08 PM »
2 work related things today.

1: Delivered package to cute customer. Went in with my route. Half hour later I discovered I had a 2nd package for her that I didn't initially grab... So I double back and knocked on her door.

Me: "Hey sorry. I just noticed that I only gave you one of your two packages. I'm so sorry"

Her: "I was wondering what happened. It's okay! But you can be honest... You did that purposely just so you could see me again!" And she winked at me.

Me: "to be completely honest.... I'm totally not complaining about that!"

Her: "Oh really??"

Me: *turns slightly red* "Yea. I've gotta run though! Have a wonderful night!!"

And then the second was just finding a restroom... At this biker bar where I totally turned one of the staff on to dream theater. It was just freshly cleaned too!

« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 10:09:36 PM by JayOctavarium »
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1408 on: December 01, 2022, 06:22:11 PM »

1: Delivered package to cute customer. Went in with my route. Half hour later I discovered I had a 2nd package for her that I didn't initially grab... So I double back and knocked on her door.

Me: "Hey sorry. I just noticed that I only gave you one of your two packages. I'm so sorry"

Her: "I was wondering what happened. It's okay! But you can be honest... You did that purposely just so you could see me again!" And she winked at me.

And then the second was just finding a restroom... At this biker bar where I totally turned one of the staff on to dream theater. It was just freshly cleaned too!

Her

Did you consider going back a third time to the cute one with a copy of AVFTTOTW?  :biggrin:

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1409 on: December 02, 2022, 09:40:08 AM »

Me: *turns slightly red* "Yea. I've gotta run though! Next time I'll bring you a much bigger package. Have a wonderful night!!"

ftfy
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1410 on: December 03, 2022, 07:22:41 AM »

Me: *turns slightly red* "Yea. I've gotta run though! Next time I'll bring you a much bigger package. Have a wonderful night!!"

ftfy

Well played.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1411 on: December 03, 2022, 03:02:21 PM »

ftfy

Well played.

Hahahaha

The more I think about it, the more I feel like she was legit hitting on me
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1412 on: December 04, 2022, 03:16:14 PM »
Maybe you'll find out somehow....

As for me

A great semiannual trip to NYC with the wife.  New York slices, vendor hot dogs…Bryant Park, the Tree, Broadway (Wendell Pierce as Willy Loman in ‘Death Of A Salesman’…top three of any show or individual performance I’ve ever seen), and perfect weather throughout.  Today started a four day visit from her sister for the first time since she moved out of state in the spring (and I get along with her quite well).

What makes her happy these days, makes me more than happy these days.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1413 on: December 05, 2022, 03:55:58 AM »
Jezuz…. Did you two both Google “confused black kid”??

How else would we get them if we didn't Google?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1414 on: December 05, 2022, 04:04:44 AM »

Sounds more like the start of a movie I watched the other night.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1415 on: December 05, 2022, 05:58:46 AM »

Sounds more like the start of a movie I watched the other night.

I believe the proper response would have been, "That, and I wanted to give you a chance to get a second look at this!" <Jersey Crotch Grab>
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1416 on: December 05, 2022, 09:28:45 AM »
Uh so yesterday I asked cute metalhead girl to exchange numbers so I could totally text her and bitch about work more often and she told me to hit her up if I ever wanna grab food and talk about how much we hate people (as in the human race).

Uhhh what have I done :lol

And for the record she is fully aware of my relationship.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1417 on: December 05, 2022, 09:46:36 AM »
Uh so yesterday I asked cute metalhead girl to exchange numbers so I could totally text her and bitch about work more often and she told me to hit her up if I ever wanna grab food and talk about how much we hate people (as in the human race).

Invite her to DTF.  We all want to meet her.  :biggrin:

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1418 on: December 05, 2022, 10:01:00 AM »
I would but then I'd have to have a mod delete all references I've made about her.

Actually I guess she was part of port noise for him a long time ago and when the conversation came up I did mention our little cozy home but she didn't seem to have much interest anymore in that type of thing

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1419 on: December 05, 2022, 10:01:38 AM »
Sorry not sorry for my horrible voice to text translations lmao

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1420 on: December 05, 2022, 10:07:15 AM »

Still better than King's.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1421 on: December 05, 2022, 11:18:51 AM »

Why is your relationship her problem? 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1422 on: December 05, 2022, 11:19:44 AM »

Still better than King's.

You son of a bitch. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1423 on: December 05, 2022, 12:08:04 PM »
I would but then I'd have to have a mod delete all references I've made about her.
I'm here for you.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1424 on: December 05, 2022, 02:50:14 PM »

What's your secret to being such a magnet to every single woman you meet?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1425 on: December 05, 2022, 03:01:01 PM »

What's your secret to being such a magnet to every single woman you meet?

Fuck if I know lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1426 on: December 05, 2022, 03:35:57 PM »
You're bowling skills.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1427 on: December 05, 2022, 08:36:29 PM »
You're bowling skills.

Funny because I quit bowling a few years ago now.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1428 on: December 05, 2022, 08:45:27 PM »
They still smell that shoe spray on you.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1429 on: December 06, 2022, 03:15:16 PM »
I had a Burger King double cheeseburger today and it was exquisite.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1430 on: December 06, 2022, 03:18:44 PM »

Had a double Whopper yesterday. Love me some Burger King.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1431 on: December 06, 2022, 03:18:55 PM »

And fries, I hope.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1432 on: December 06, 2022, 03:22:33 PM »

And fries, I hope.

Skipped the fries actually. Just needed the sandwich.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1433 on: December 06, 2022, 06:43:38 PM »
Oh mannn! Now I'm craving a double cheeseburger with fries, and a coke.  :facepalm:

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1434 on: December 06, 2022, 06:44:18 PM »
Double veggie burger with fries sounds good.
fanticide.bandcamp.com