Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 97407 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #1365 on: November 08, 2022, 08:58:49 AM »
Thinking about only 24 hours more of political ads for awhile!   :tup

Thank the maker!  Watching live TV has been awfully difficult lately.  The other weird thing is that I'm getting YouTube ads for the senate race in GEORGIA, and I'm in CA and work for a TX based company, so I can't figure out that shit.

I'm assuming it's for fund-raising purposes ultimately, but I don't get why I'm getting ads for other states as well.  And when I was in Florida last week, John Fetterman was running ads there; that could be the "snow-bird/vacation" thing, maybe, but still.  TO ME that is just another kernel or nugget that creates doubt and skepticism about the integrity of our elections.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1366 on: November 08, 2022, 06:12:57 PM »
I'm assuming it's for fund-raising purposes ultimately, but I don't get why I'm getting ads for other states as well.  And when I was in Florida last week, John Fetterman was running ads there; that could be the "snow-bird/vacation" thing, maybe, but still.  TO ME that is just another kernel or nugget that creates doubt and skepticism about the integrity of our elections.

How so?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1367 on: November 09, 2022, 08:51:34 AM »
Thinking about only 24 hours more of political ads for awhile!   :tup

Thank the maker!  Watching live TV has been awfully difficult lately.  The other weird thing is that I'm getting YouTube ads for the senate race in GEORGIA, and I'm in CA and work for a TX based company, so I can't figure out that shit.

If you are getting ads online it's because you are being targetted for a specific reason, might just simply be political affiliation that AI believes you have from your internet usage and they'll give you ads even if you don't live in the area.  If they wanted to run ads in a specific state, they can do that, but since it doesn't seem to be the case, it's probably due to something more broad.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1368 on: November 09, 2022, 10:52:33 AM »

How so?

Well, supposedly, my Senators are elected through votes from people IN MY STATE.  Why advertise to other states if they can't impact the decision? OR DO THEY?!?!   :)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1369 on: November 09, 2022, 10:55:01 AM »
My company is giving us bonuses for winning the Site Of The Year.  Instead of putting a bonus in our check where they would be taxed, they are asking where employees want to get a gift card from so they can have the full bonus.  I'm getting a L:owes card to use to get hard wood floors for our dining room/pantry.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1370 on: November 09, 2022, 11:20:31 AM »

How so?

Well, supposedly, my Senators are elected through votes from people IN MY STATE.  Why advertise to other states if they can't impact the decision? OR DO THEY?!?!   :)

Well, I think the Snowbird factor could be one reason as you stated. As is some Pennsylvania grandma would like to mail in a ballot from her winter home. Also, maybe the Party is trying to create a national image for someone that they think could have national appeal.

Maybe I'm just a heel, but I don't think a Florida resident is voting in the Pennsylvania election.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1371 on: November 09, 2022, 11:26:09 AM »
Earlier this year, my wife and I ordered a custom made dining room table and chairs.  It got delivered this week.  Pretty big - we got 8 chairs, but there is room for 2 more if we decide to get them.

Nothing big in the grand scheme of things, I suppose, but I am thrilled with it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1372 on: November 09, 2022, 11:33:02 AM »
My company is giving us bonuses for winning the Site Of The Year.  Instead of putting a bonus in our check where they would be taxed, they are asking where employees want to get a gift card from so they can have the full bonus.  I'm getting a L:owes card to use to get hard wood floors for our dining room/pantry.

That's pretty thoughtful of the company.  I'd take an Amazon gift card.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1373 on: November 09, 2022, 11:39:07 AM »

Some of my guys have said that but my wife has wanted hardwood floors for a while so I though this would be perfect for us.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1374 on: November 09, 2022, 11:55:18 AM »

Some of my guys have said that but my wife has wanted hardwood floors for a while so I though this would be perfect for us.

Yeah, you do you, wasn't saying you should have taken that instead, more of thats what I would have chosen.  If I were smart, I'd do what you are and put it into my house in some way.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1375 on: November 09, 2022, 02:38:24 PM »
First few nights, my cough and sore throat kept me to one or two hours of sleep a night. I get ten hours of sleep last night.

Also, my "Paxlovid mouth," (which I just found out is a thing) went away. Someone described it as tasting like a mouthful of dirty pennies, and there absolutely could not be a more precise explanation.

And as I was typing this, my clogged ear just opened up. WTF, y'all. I could damn near dance. If I could dance.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1376 on: November 09, 2022, 02:39:57 PM »
I had that too. Wasn't too strong but it was a nuisance.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1377 on: November 09, 2022, 02:42:37 PM »
When did this turn into the Fogey Thread?

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1378 on: November 09, 2022, 02:47:54 PM »
I had that too. Wasn't too strong but it was a nuisance.
What did yours taste like? I've heard some people say "rotten grapefruit," among other things.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1379 on: November 09, 2022, 02:49:26 PM »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1380 on: November 09, 2022, 02:54:15 PM »
Giggity.

Like eating a chalk for a chalkboard with a metal aftertaste.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1381 on: November 09, 2022, 02:56:37 PM »
Earlier this year, my wife and I ordered a custom made dining room table and chairs.  It got delivered this week.  Pretty big - we got 8 chairs, but there is room for 2 more if we decide to get them.

Nothing big in the grand scheme of things, I suppose, but I am thrilled with it.

That's awesome :tup, when can I expect to be invited over for dinner?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1382 on: November 10, 2022, 07:54:41 AM »

That's awesome :tup, when can I expect to be invited over for dinner?
Soon.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1383 on: November 27, 2022, 08:52:30 AM »
One of my favorite coworkers (cute metalhead girl who likes Dream Theater who's like 10 years older than me) refered to me as her friend last night. Totally made my day / night.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1384 on: November 27, 2022, 05:17:01 PM »
One of my favorite coworkers (cute metalhead girl who likes Dream Theater who's like 10 years older than me) refered to me as her friend last night. Totally made my day / night.

Aaaaand?. There's gotta be more to this story, bring it   :tup

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1385 on: November 28, 2022, 11:41:59 AM »

Aaaaand?. There's gotta be more to this story, bring it   :tup

Nothing more :lol

I don't make friends easily... Most of my coworkers and dispatchers are in their early 20s. I'm 31. We don't click. I mean we all get along just fine but the age difference is pretty glaring... (even though it's not that drastic of a difference if you're just looking at numbers)...

There's 2 dispatchers I get along with pretty well...

One being the girl my age whom trained me when I started... I'm pretty sure at that point she was barely considered a seasoned driver and I was probably one of the first people she trained). She's super sweet. Also incredibly attractive (yes I'm in a relationship... One can find people attractive without trying to get into their pants :lol ).

And the other is a bit younger than me... But we get along pretty well because she's a sarcastic bitch who can take my constant sarcasm and jokes and shoot them right back at me. We established that relationship fairly quickly.

And then there's maybe 2 or 3 other drivers who's I really click with. The aforementioned cute metalhead chick who hates people as much as I do, another dude who's about my age who has become one of our drivers (who's looking to leave), and then this younger girl. I think she's like 24? Super attractive. Piercings. Tats. She's actually the best friend of the former head dispatcher girl (who left a while back... I may have had a huge crush on her)... And I think we get along so well because we went through peak season together last year and she was always the person bailing my slow ass out when I was behind (I was always behind last peak season)... And I would wind up giving her all of the awesome baked goods and treats that customers on the route I had would give me. Pretty sure I'm the only dude under 40 there who ISN'T trying to get into her pants.

There have been a few other coworkers that I've gotten along with pretty damn well whom I'd consider friends but they've all left. One move to a different company within the station that i see occasionally in passing, and the other just kind of... Disappeared 🤣

So uhh... Not more to the story. She purposely takes my favorite parking space in the mornings and I park next to her, over the line like an asshole, because I know she does it to bug me. We usually wind up talking for a bit after our routes if we end up finishing at the same time. Definitely nothing more going on there :JayOctavarium:

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1386 on: November 30, 2022, 03:00:27 PM »
I'm ready to leave work for the day and don't have to come back into the office until next Tues. :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online Harmony

« Reply #1387 on: November 30, 2022, 06:44:16 PM »
Ok - this is a little convoluted but here goes....

My step sister and my cousin are dating.  And I fucking called it months ago and everyone told me I was nuts.  :lol

My step sister's husband died of cancer just as the world shut down with Covid.  My cousin and his wife of 25 years recently divorced.  They are both in their 50s and have grown children.

They have known each other for 40+ years.  My biological father is her step-father and my biological father's sister (my aunt) is his mother.  Does this make sense?

Anyway, it must be rare that I'm right about something but apparently my spidey senses are working just fine.   :tup

Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1388 on: November 30, 2022, 07:14:32 PM »

My step sister and my cousin are dating. 

They have known each other for 40+ years.  My biological father is her step-father and my biological father's sister (my aunt) is his mother.  Does this make sense?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1389 on: November 30, 2022, 07:22:53 PM »
My Sally made me happy tonight. 

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1390 on: November 30, 2022, 07:53:03 PM »

TAC,  Does this add up? :lol :lol :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1391 on: November 30, 2022, 07:59:54 PM »

My step sister and my cousin are dating.  And I fucking called it months ago and everyone told me I was nuts.  :lol

My step sister's husband died of cancer just as the world shut down with Covid.  My cousin and his wife of 25 years recently divorced.  They are both in their 50s and have grown children.

Anyway, it must be rare that I'm right about something but apparently my spidey senses are working just fine.   :tup

:)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 09:20:55 PM by Glasser »

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1392 on: November 30, 2022, 09:23:40 PM »

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Glasser

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1394 on: December 01, 2022, 03:42:22 AM »

:lol

Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1395 on: December 01, 2022, 05:32:29 AM »
Jezuz…. Did you two both Google “confused black kid”??
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1396 on: December 01, 2022, 06:12:01 AM »

Honest question; are you happy about the state of your Spidey senses (I would be) or happy about them dating (not my place to say) or both? 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1397 on: December 01, 2022, 06:38:01 AM »
My biological father is her step-father and my biological father's sister (my aunt) is his mother.  Does this make sense?
So there is no blood relation, but it's still in-family so it's weird.

Right?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1398 on: December 01, 2022, 08:24:47 AM »
This seems ughhh how do I put this.... disgusting? Sorry if that's rude and even if not blood related or maybe I'm misunderstanding, but it feels creepy.  Also the fact that it's in the happy thread  :lol I don't know what to think here other than  ew

Online Harmony

« Reply #1399 on: December 01, 2022, 09:44:43 AM »
My biological father is her step-father and my biological father's sister (my aunt) is his mother.  Does this make sense?
So there is no blood relation, but it's still in-family so it's weird.

Right?

Exactly - no blood relation at all.  I think the really only weird thing is that we all kind of grew up together as family.  But TBH, they've always had a good relationship in that their humor and banter is very alike and they share a lot of interests in many ways.  It is a bit surprising in that they live in different states - he's an attorney and she's an artist so there is a bit of him being more cerebral and she being more in the art/teaching realm.

I'm happy for them - to answer Stadler's question.  They are grown ass adults and both are single so who am I to judge?  I do wonder a little bit about how his kids feel about it.  His younger daughter has had some mental health challenges and my step-sister has been a mentor to her for years in an "auntie" kind of way.  I can see this throwing them for a bit of a loop as they are more with their mom on the divorce side of things.

Cram - you might be surprised to learn that cousins have relationships and even marry more than you'd think.  I saw a Dr. Phil show a few years ago and I was completely shocked myself.  But this situation isn't that as there are absolutely no blood ties between them.

If anyone is struggling with the relationship, it might be my aunt and uncle (his parents).  My aunt wrote to me that she sees it as, "Two lonely people who know each other well."  This is the first relationship for both after major losses.  Who knows if it will ultimately work out for them but they are not hurting anyone so I am happy for them.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad