Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 96782 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #980 on: December 17, 2021, 04:17:51 PM »
Finished packing up my apartment, turned in my keys for the unit and the mailbox, made one last storage unit run, finished all my personal packing... I'm exhausted but happy. No more bills to really worry about. And then of course the new Spiderman film tonight with my best friend, then tomorrow morning I drive to West Virginia and begin my trucking adventure. I'm exhausted and nervous and stressed and emotional but excited and ready for a new start.

That's awesome, Melrus! All except the Spiderman part. ;D

Good luck, brother. Keep in touch!

You ignored my text this week, but it seems you were busy.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #981 on: December 18, 2021, 03:13:15 AM »
No more bills? How does one escape that?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #982 on: December 19, 2021, 09:00:15 AM »
Finished packing up my apartment, turned in my keys for the unit and the mailbox, made one last storage unit run, finished all my personal packing... I'm exhausted but happy. No more bills to really worry about. And then of course the new Spiderman film tonight with my best friend, then tomorrow morning I drive to West Virginia and begin my trucking adventure. I'm exhausted and nervous and stressed and emotional but excited and ready for a new start.

Hit me up with your new cell before you hit the road, Cledus Snow. 

Offline svisser

• Pineapple. I like to eat it.
« Reply #983 on: December 19, 2021, 01:07:11 PM »
What will make me happy is getting through the final edit of my last paper of the semester.
She can turn a drop of water
         Into an ocean
                                           In the room the women come and go
                                                 Talking of Michelangelo.

Offline Melphina

« Reply #984 on: December 20, 2021, 01:46:25 PM »

Hit me up with your new cell before you hit the road, Cledus Snow.

Sending!!  :lol

No more bills? How does one escape that?

Basically just living on the road with my girlfriend. So in a way she's taking care of me but I have no bills to mind and have money in the bank so I can come back home at any time if for whatever reason things don't work out or I don't like being on the road much. Effectively it's a bit of a hiatus from the working life which, hey, why not take advantage of it and get the experience while I can.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #985 on: December 20, 2021, 01:52:19 PM »
Next DTF user name, The Nomad

Good luck on the road, and that's great to follow your heart.

Offline Melphina

« Reply #986 on: December 20, 2021, 01:56:59 PM »
 :rollin

Thanks bud!! You never know until you get out there and just go for it!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #987 on: December 21, 2021, 07:33:02 AM »
My kid (she's 20) was contemplating an internship that would take her to California for the summer.  She's all twisted up about it and I'm like GO, kid, GO!   You may never have this chance again, and in my experience you are far more likely to regret the things you DIDN'T do than the things you DID.   I don't believe the saying "you can never go home again", and, apparently, neither do my kids (they won't LEAVE!!!  :) :) :))

Offline Melphina

« Reply #988 on: December 21, 2021, 08:03:35 AM »
My kid (she's 20) was contemplating an internship that would take her to California for the summer.  She's all twisted up about it and I'm like GO, kid, GO!   You may never have this chance again, and in my experience you are far more likely to regret the things you DIDN'T do than the things you DID.   I don't believe the saying "you can never go home again", and, apparently, neither do my kids (they won't LEAVE!!!  :) :) :))

Hahaha. I just left home myself and finally convinced myself to believe in that mentality. I hope she decides to go for it.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #989 on: December 22, 2021, 12:45:28 PM »
Just got over my stomach bug.

Don't read this next part if you don't like TMI/gross stuff:

There may be nothing better than post-diarrhea farts that dispel the trapped residual gas.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #990 on: March 15, 2022, 11:06:36 PM »
My 18-year old high school senior daughter got her acceptance to her #1 choice college yesterday -- William Smith College in Geneva, New York (also happens to be my wife's alma mater)!  Even better, they're giving her a shitload of money so her school loans won't have to be too crazy bad.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #991 on: March 16, 2022, 05:48:57 AM »
Excellent news for your daughter, PG. Congrats to her, and well done.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #992 on: March 16, 2022, 06:13:17 AM »
My 18-year old high school senior daughter got her acceptance to her #1 choice college yesterday -- William Smith College in Geneva, New York (also happens to be my wife's alma mater)!  Even better, they're giving her a shitload of money so her school loans won't have to be too crazy bad.

That's freakin awesome.  Great news all around!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #993 on: March 16, 2022, 08:01:03 AM »
Yay!!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Harmony

« Reply #994 on: March 17, 2022, 04:20:15 PM »
House cleaners came today.

The Covid thread hasn't been posted on for 3 days.   :P
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #995 on: March 17, 2022, 04:50:46 PM »
Getting home. Put on some rocking Irish rock music,  and cooked dirty noodles and smoked kielbasa with the wife. Dirty noodles gas no egg yoke noodles, cabbage snd onions.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline pg1067

« Reply #996 on: March 17, 2022, 05:07:43 PM »
Excellent news for your daughter, PG. Congrats to her, and well done.

That's freakin awesome.  Great news all around!

Yay!!!

Thanks, guys!  There is one other school on the slate:  Keene State College in New Hampshire.  Funny thing is that, the only reason she applied there was because they sent her an email inviting her to apply without an application fee.  We're looking at a quick trip out to Keene and Geneva over her spring break in late April.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #997 on: March 17, 2022, 05:08:51 PM »
Paul, was she intent on going across the country?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #998 on: March 17, 2022, 05:11:39 PM »

Pretty much.  She had no interest in California schools (for a few reasons, some of which are silly).  For a while she was looking at going to school in the UK, but that changed sometime in the last year.  I think the only school she hasn't yet heard from is Boston University.  I'll be interested to see how much she likes it once she's been through an east coast winter!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #999 on: March 17, 2022, 05:17:04 PM »

Pretty much.  She had no interest in California schools (for a few reasons, some of which are silly).  For a while she was looking at going to school in the UK, but that changed sometime in the last year.  I think the only school she hasn't yet heard from is Boston University.  I'll be interested to see how much she likes it once she's been through an east coast winter!

Yeah, it can get nasty, especially in upstate NY. I'd much rather experience a winter on a nice campus like William Smith than I would in the city at BU.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1000 on: March 17, 2022, 05:26:52 PM »
Keene is very well known as a party College pg.  Just a heads up.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1001 on: March 18, 2022, 09:35:21 AM »
If we were talking about my son, party college status might worry me.   :biggrin:

I guess we'll see.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1002 on: March 20, 2022, 01:10:00 PM »
Not today but 2 days ago...

Having my first performance review at work... just shy of being here for 6 months...

Apparently I am the number 6 driver out of 40-46 (depending on how you count our dispatchers who drive much less).

I legit was incredibly surprised to hear this. 
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1003 on: March 20, 2022, 02:30:38 PM »
Our little shit-hole town got a Pizza and Pub joint with an actual bar and televisions piping in the tournament (March Madness).

We sat at the bar eating lunch and had a wonderful conversation with a biker talking about our past adventures. This was about as normal as we have gotten since not only the start of the Pandy but also since we moved from Dallas over 4 years ago!

One Little Victory indeed....... :metal

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1004 on: March 24, 2022, 02:18:57 PM »
A 4.5% raise today.  An extra $2700.00 a year added.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1005 on: March 24, 2022, 02:19:42 PM »

You da man!!

BTW, I think of you every time I send a trailer back. You'd love my trailers. Pallets sorted properly, etc...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1006 on: March 24, 2022, 02:22:39 PM »
Seriously Tim, I should send you some horror pics of them.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1007 on: March 24, 2022, 02:30:04 PM »
Hey by all means! I'm at work early.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1008 on: March 24, 2022, 04:28:46 PM »

Nice!

Now does all of that go straight to me?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #1009 on: March 24, 2022, 04:40:27 PM »
The Dolphins getting Tyreek Hill ! Now if they only had a quarterback to get the ball to him …
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Offline emtee

« Reply #1010 on: March 24, 2022, 04:48:23 PM »
I received a call from the COO of the division a few weeks ago. He asked me to step into a management role at our largest facility in the region. Completely unexpected btw. I agonized over it for days but accepted the position. Huge comp increase with a generous bonus. I'm 3 weeks into the role and learning an incredible amount each day.  I'm truly grateful for the opportunity, especially at my age. Definitely something to celebrate and be happy about.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1011 on: March 24, 2022, 04:50:15 PM »

Nice!

Now does all of that go straight to me?

:eyebrows:

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1012 on: March 25, 2022, 04:56:20 AM »
I received a call from the COO of the division a few weeks ago. He asked me to step into a management role at our largest facility in the region. Completely unexpected btw. I agonized over it for days but accepted the position. Huge comp increase with a generous bonus. I'm 3 weeks into the role and learning an incredible amount each day.  I'm truly grateful for the opportunity, especially at my age. Definitely something to celebrate and be happy about.

Congrats, dude.   :tup
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1013 on: March 25, 2022, 05:57:03 AM »

Excellent! Congrats!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1014 on: March 25, 2022, 09:07:08 AM »
It's Friday FFS  :justjen
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White