Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 96795 times)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #875 on: September 08, 2021, 12:39:52 PM »
Those are beautiful.  They would go wonderfully with my Jon Snow sword.

:heart :heart :heart

Trying....so....hard....not....to....say.....it.....
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #876 on: September 08, 2021, 12:40:48 PM »

Trying....so....hard....not....to....say.....it.....

:lol

Stads, I can't wait to get mine Friday.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #877 on: September 08, 2021, 01:09:15 PM »

WTF is a Jon Snow sword?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline faizoff

« Reply #878 on: September 08, 2021, 01:31:18 PM »

WTF is a Jon Snow sword?

You know nothing TAC
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #879 on: September 08, 2021, 01:41:35 PM »

WTF is a Jon Snow sword?

You know about George Brett's pine tar though. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #880 on: September 08, 2021, 01:42:13 PM »
Of course! Who doesn't? :lol

George Brett is my all time favorite baseball player.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #881 on: September 08, 2021, 01:48:31 PM »
Well I pulled that home run out of my ass.  Time to play the lottery.  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #882 on: September 08, 2021, 05:47:51 PM »

WTF is a Jon Snow sword?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #883 on: September 08, 2021, 06:39:30 PM »
Tim only owns Rabbit ears. He'd never see that show. Lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #884 on: September 08, 2021, 06:46:18 PM »
 :lol

Yup, no idea. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #885 on: September 08, 2021, 06:49:59 PM »
🎯

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #886 on: September 08, 2021, 06:51:08 PM »
It's an archery show? But he has a sword.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #887 on: September 08, 2021, 06:57:35 PM »
No.  My remark was a bullseye.  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #888 on: September 09, 2021, 06:42:10 AM »
But there is archery in it.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #889 on: September 09, 2021, 07:31:41 PM »
So let me guess..you have John Snow's Arrow too??

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #890 on: September 10, 2021, 07:31:12 AM »

He didn't use a bow, silly, his girlfriend did.  :)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #891 on: September 10, 2021, 10:26:15 AM »
Tonight will mark three nights in a row of concerts, weather is beautiful here and feels like it's a perfect end of summer concert night.  Maroon 5 is basically sold out too!  :yarr

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #892 on: September 10, 2021, 11:29:13 AM »

He didn't use a bow, silly, his girlfriend did.  :)

And married in real life!

Tonight will mark three nights in a row of concerts, weather is beautiful here and feels like it's a perfect end of summer concert night.  Maroon 5 is basically sold out too!  :yarr

Marc, I would be gassed doing that.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #893 on: September 10, 2021, 11:42:32 AM »

Marc, I would be gassed doing that.
[/quote]

I took yesterday and today off from work.  In fact, I took next Thursday and Friday off too.  Last Monday I had off from the holiday.  This month with all the concerts has basically become my "2021 vacation" since I don't plan on doing a real vacation.  Burning tons of PTO this month so I can keep my energy and attend all these shows. 

Having said that, I'm surprised how I'm not that tired today.  Tomorrow I expect it all to catch up and be exhausted, and perfect for a day on the couch watching college football. 

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #894 on: September 12, 2021, 05:29:19 PM »
Going to the Halloween store with the kids and picking up some new decorations for the house.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline pg1067

« Reply #895 on: October 01, 2021, 11:10:59 AM »
I've mentioned before that my kid is in her high school marching band.  She's now a senior, and the last couple years have been ROUGH.

In 2019, the band finished #3 in the state in its division (bands with between 81-120 members) despite having only 80 members.  It was really great.

In around February 2020, I agreed to take over as president of the band boosters (in part because the band director told the outgoing president that I was his first choice).  Then COVID hit and, in June, the director told me he was leaving to take an identical position at a school closer to home.  The ensuing year sucked HARD for a lot of reasons that I won't get into.

Fast forward and we're now down to a 60 member band, BUT the band FINALLY got to step on a field last night and do a performance.  They did the first 2/3 of their field show at halftime of the school's football game.  It was a little rough -- especially with some of the electronic equipment -- but they finally did it!  First competition is Saturday.

Oh...and my kid has a solo (in the pic on the bottom, she's on the right giving me a dirty look)!

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #896 on: October 01, 2021, 11:14:18 AM »
I was a band parent too.  It was hard, for sure, but I miss those days.  Tons of fun.

Here's what made me happy today: I received a bundle of gourmet cookies in the mail.  My employer shipped a box to all of our employees.  Unannounced.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #897 on: October 01, 2021, 11:20:00 AM »
What make being a band parent so tough?

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #898 on: October 01, 2021, 12:04:33 PM »

Band Camp.  (I'm in no way inferring that Hef and pg's children were involved in any activities whose stories start "one time at band camp...")

Maine Blueberry Black tea with Blueberry Honey and my wife's Lemon Bread with Maine Blueberry Syrup (I'm getting ready to workout... needed the suga).  I think we may move to Maine.  This made me happy today.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline romdrums

« Reply #899 on: October 01, 2021, 12:16:27 PM »
Getting behind my drum kit on my lunch break.  Even if it was only for about 15 minutes, it consistently makes a huge impact on my day. 
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #900 on: October 01, 2021, 12:47:49 PM »

Band Camp.  (I'm in no way inferring that Hef and pg's children were involved in any activities whose stories start "one time at band camp...")

I have a very different perspective as a result of my decision (which I now regret) to become booster president.  I'm not sure being a band parent is any tougher than being a parent of any other kid who does an extracurricular activity in high school.  If your kid doesn't drive, you're constantly shuttling him/her to and from school and other places, often at odd times.  When my kid was a freshman, they had a competition for which their call time was 6 a.m., and pick up time after the competition ended was midnight.  You're also constantly dealing with requests for money or food donations or volunteering (right now, I'm the one making those requests at least once a week).  But being a band parent (apart from being booster president) is AWESOME!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #901 on: October 08, 2021, 12:08:27 PM »
It's Friday bitches!!!  :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #902 on: October 10, 2021, 05:19:59 AM »
It's my first of FIVE days off today and Therapy? posted that they're entering the studio next month to record their new album with the producer of TROUBLEGUM.  :metal :corn

Cannot wait. He also produced their 1999 album Semi Detached and their amazing most recent album Cleave - which was probably their best album since Troublegum.

:)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #903 on: October 24, 2021, 01:30:42 PM »
I guess I'll put this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2WuacWE-WQ

Balling my eyes out..

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #904 on: October 25, 2021, 05:07:05 AM »
Waking up late on my 2nd day off in a row and remembering I don't have work today.

:corn

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #905 on: October 25, 2021, 07:17:03 AM »
Well, this weekend.  Installed a new kitchen light, and put in three switches on my outside lights allowing me to set timers for them.   Then Sunday I installed a new mailbox (got poison ivy, though :() and a lighted post with the house number (my house is about 750 feet back from the road and not visible from the road, so it's an easy driveway to miss).   

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #906 on: October 25, 2021, 07:28:39 AM »
Waking up late on my 2nd day off in a row and remembering I don't have work today.

I took the day off today and felt this.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #907 on: October 25, 2021, 08:17:02 AM »

I rolled around in bed for 15 minutes this morning contemplating calling out  :lol lucky guys! But I made it in, I actually took Friday off for a concert and considering adding next monday off as well.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #908 on: October 25, 2021, 08:38:26 AM »
We have 2 cats who turn 2 years old on November 1st.  I don't remember this happening last year but one of them is obsessed with the leaves falling off the trees.  Yesterday was when he first discovered them as it has been a tad windy outside.  He spent the entire day moving to different windows in the house to watch them fall and blow around.  He finally conked out when it got dark last night.  This morning when I wake up, sure enough back in the window.

It's going to be a long fall, buddy.   :smiley:
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #909 on: October 25, 2021, 09:15:22 AM »

I have Sundays and Mondays off every week. Monday always feels like I have work later but I don't.

Also i've never once called in sick to a job in my life when I was lying. I'm too worried they'll instantly know I'm lying and demand I come in.