Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 96067 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #770 on: February 20, 2021, 08:20:44 PM »
CS, We had to put our boy cat down just shy of 17 years. That trip for the sleigh ride was cathartic.   It took our mind away from the pain of the day before.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #771 on: February 23, 2021, 11:31:50 AM »
Thing that made me happy today is my brother bought his first house. He has been looking for over a year and in Florida it's been really tough to find a house that isn't sold in a matter of hours. Just booked my flight to help him move in a couple of weeks. I'm really proud of him.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #772 on: February 23, 2021, 11:49:24 AM »
That's pretty cool and good for him, it's really tough to get into the housing business right now. I know a few people who want to either move or buy their first home and it's just not a good market for buyers right now.  Having said that, owning my house has so far been one of the best financial decisions for me given I got in when the market was low and it's boomed since then.  Like for example, Zillow estimates my house to be $125k more than what I bought it for.  Absolutely insane.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #773 on: February 23, 2021, 11:56:52 AM »
Not to turn this into a real estate thread but the nature of real estate is such that if you buy a house and stay in it for a few years you are almost guaranteed to gain equity.  I've been a homeowner since 2001 and there has not been one year from then until now that the home I owned didn't increase in value.  It's one of the best investments you can make in the United States. 

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #774 on: February 27, 2021, 07:06:16 AM »
That's pretty cool and good for him, it's really tough to get into the housing business right now. I know a few people who want to either move or buy their first home and it's just not a good market for buyers right now.  Having said that, owning my house has so far been one of the best financial decisions for me given I got in when the market was low and it's boomed since then.  Like for example, Zillow estimates my house to be $125k more than what I bought it for.  Absolutely insane.

Yea it was a real pain for him because if there was a home that wasn't sold immediately something was usually terribly wrong with it. To give you a perspective he went and looked at a 2/2 1100 sqft house where a new roof was needed and it had tenants who needed to be evicted (but couldn't due to eviction freezes). You couldn't see the interior of the house, it was listed for 245k and sold for 290k

Agreed on the increase of value, we've gained about 110k in value in our home in 4 years, the shitty thing is if we wanted to move every house has also gained in value.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #775 on: February 27, 2021, 11:31:09 AM »
It was sunny and warm today and I rode my Motorbike a lot :)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #776 on: February 27, 2021, 02:00:56 PM »
20mg edible and this cookie cake:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #777 on: February 28, 2021, 08:34:32 AM »

Ditto for today. Filled up the tank to the brim. Went for a long ride in the sunshine. Bought some spray grease for the chain ( bike was outside for a LOT of rain ) and gave it

a bit of a clean. Tomorrow - adjusting the chain length and attaching my new mirror.

:)

Offline ich bin besser

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #778 on: February 28, 2021, 08:55:55 AM »
I accepted an offer as an elementary school teacher 4.5 hours away so I finally can move in with my girlfriend this summer - after a 4.5 year long-distance relationship. Been trying to get a job in that area for 4 years now (still teaching here in my area).
It finally happened. Guess it's time for something new.  :hat
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #779 on: February 28, 2021, 11:11:47 AM »
I accepted an offer as an elementary school teacher 4.5 hours away so I finally can move in with my girlfriend this summer - after a 4.5 year long-distance relationship. Been trying to get a job in that area for 4 years now (still teaching here in my area).

Awesomesauce!  4.5 years long-distance.  Aye Carumba!!!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #780 on: March 01, 2021, 08:30:02 AM »
Due to the pandemic and our work overlords not having the best year, they put restrictions on raises and bonus's at work.  However, my side of the business has been thriving so it has been confirmed after my yearly review that I am getting the max raise (which is only 2%, but at least I'm maxing it out) and my bonus pay out is at 95% plus my review was very positive.  Should be getting my bonus on Friday's pay check  :metal :metal

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #781 on: March 01, 2021, 08:38:36 AM »

Ditto for today. Filled up the tank to the brim. Went for a long ride in the sunshine. Bought some spray grease for the chain ( bike was outside for a LOT of rain ) and gave it

a bit of a clean. Tomorrow - adjusting the chain length and attaching my new mirror.

:)

Nothing better than driving/riding under good weather. It's been raining/snowing a lot around here, but after today, there is no rain on sight for the next week, which means I will get a chance to so some stargazing, and that makes me happy  :laugh:

That is pretty great, congratulations!
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #782 on: March 01, 2021, 09:22:27 AM »
My boss keep telling me I’ll be pleased with my merit increase, but ya never know with this company. I 100% trust him, but those above him .. not so much (or at all)
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #783 on: June 04, 2021, 11:23:53 AM »
First summer friday of the year!

Got to work from home starting at 10am and just logged off, this will be the norm for every Friday this summer. Weekend begins... oh and tomorrow marks 246 days without a concert (drive in for Skillet 10/2/20) and 452 days since a normal concert (also Skillet  :lol 3/10/20).  So excited to end the drought  :metal

Offline pg1067

« Reply #784 on: June 26, 2021, 09:45:16 PM »
So...this is something that made me happy, which arises out of something that is more than mildly irritating.

I have a tendency to lose/forget things.  When I was a freshman in high school, I played trumpet in the band, and I got to school by riding the public bus.  One day, on the way home from school, I left my trumpet at the bus stop.  I remembered before the next bus stop and hustled back, but it was gone.  My mother bought me a new/used one, but later in the year, I left it on the bus and never got it back.  Fast forward to adulthood...I was at another law firm's office and got into my car and drove away.  I had left my wallet on the top of my car.  A couple years after that, I did something similar at a gas station by my house.  Fortunately, this time, someone found it and I got it back (albeit without the cash).

Fast forward to today.  My daughter and I went to get ice cream.  We got home, and about half an hour later, I couldn't find my wallet.  I was still looking for it, and I walked outside and noticed someone had pulled up behind my car.  I started looking in the trash can, and I hear someone call my name.  I figured it was my neighbor, but I didn't see him.  Instead, I see a guy I don't know, and he says, "I found your wallet at the Baskin-Robbins."  He got my address from my driver's license and took the time to drive it over to me (and yes, everything was in there).  I was just standing there with this stunned look on my face.  I wish nothing but good things for this guy and am probably now going to buy one of those chip things to put in my wallet for the next time this inevitably (and sadly) happens.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #785 on: June 27, 2021, 05:00:58 AM »
Bought an EZ curl bar, and a 120lbs of rubber coated weight plates.  Wish the store had those weight plates in the fall when I bought my 300lb set of cast-iron plates - the clanking of loading/unloading them does travel throughout the house.  The rubber ones ought to be ninja-quiet.  Looking forward to using them later today.

Also, feeling very accomplished on a mini-reno project mrs.jingle and I did after we had one of our basement storage rooms spray-foamed.  It was insulated by the previous owners with foam boards (ceiling) and fibreglass (walls), but there was still a lot of moisture dripping from the ceiling - because it's a corrugated metal ceiling as it's the space directly under our concrete porch.  Anyway, since the room doubled as the workspace for jingle.son, the dripping was somewhat problematic.  So, we had it spray-foamed, then had to cover it, as it's not entirely safe to leave that amount (2502ft) exposed.  Got all that completed yesterday, and re-assembled the shelves that were there in the first place yesterday.  It was a big job, but went fairly smoothly - and no arguments while doing it!  :fistpump:

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #786 on: June 27, 2021, 05:04:09 AM »
So...this is something that made me happy, which arises out of something that is more than mildly irritating.

I have a tendency to lose/forget things.  When I was a freshman in high school, I played trumpet in the band, and I got to school by riding the public bus.  One day, on the way home from school, I left my trumpet at the bus stop.  I remembered before the next bus stop and hustled back, but it was gone.  My mother bought me a new/used one, but later in the year, I left it on the bus and never got it back.  Fast forward to adulthood...I was at another law firm's office and got into my car and drove away.  I had left my wallet on the top of my car.  A couple years after that, I did something similar at a gas station by my house.  Fortunately, this time, someone found it and I got it back (albeit without the cash).

Fast forward to today.  My daughter and I went to get ice cream.  We got home, and about half an hour later, I couldn't find my wallet.  I was still looking for it, and I walked outside and noticed someone had pulled up behind my car.  I started looking in the trash can, and I hear someone call my name.  I figured it was my neighbor, but I didn't see him.  Instead, I see a guy I don't know, and he says, "I found your wallet at the Baskin-Robbins."  He got my address from my driver's license and took the time to drive it over to me (and yes, everything was in there).  I was just standing there with this stunned look on my face.  I wish nothing but good things for this guy and am probably now going to buy one of those chip things to put in my wallet for the next time this inevitably (and sadly) happens.

This post also belongs in the "faith in humanity" thread.   :tup

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #787 on: June 27, 2021, 12:17:26 PM »
My bill for breakfast came out to $16.66....I was so tempted to tip $50.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #788 on: June 27, 2021, 12:50:37 PM »
Got to hang out with friends we haven't seen in two years last night.  Hung out at their beach house they just purchased last year.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline frogprog

« Reply #789 on: June 27, 2021, 01:24:40 PM »
The picture MP posted with JR and JMX

Offline emtee

« Reply #790 on: June 27, 2021, 02:08:23 PM »

Absolutely! So great to see them together and smiling.

Also, looks like I'll be behind the kit for our worship band at church. That makes me happy.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #791 on: June 28, 2021, 06:12:13 AM »
3 days until vaca, and it's gonna be a slow few days at work to boot.  Even tho my "vaca" is being dubbed chor-cation, I don't mind.  A handful of mini projects around the house and yard to do is a nice way to take a break.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #792 on: June 28, 2021, 09:53:27 AM »
Got a new bluetooth transmitter / receiver so that I can use any pair of earbuds to listen to my (12 year old) TV.  Plug a headphone cable into the TV, connect this itty-bitty (no bigger than a credit card) bluetooth device, and voila!  I'm watching The Electric Castle live while listening on my day-to-day ear buds.  I used to have these huge wireless headphones (over the ear) but they were terrible for using while working out.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #793 on: June 28, 2021, 09:55:40 AM »

What's this?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #795 on: June 28, 2021, 10:00:16 AM »
 :tup

Thanks Cram! Very nice pic.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #796 on: June 28, 2021, 10:10:34 AM »
Got a new bluetooth transmitter / receiver so that I can use any pair of earbuds to listen to my (12 year old) TV.  Plug a headphone cable into the TV, connect this itty-bitty (no bigger than a credit card) bluetooth device, and voila!  I'm watching The Electric Castle live while listening on my day-to-day ear buds.  I used to have these huge wireless headphones (over the ear) but they were terrible for using while working out.

My wife typically goes to sleep much earlier than I do.  Before Vin Scully retired, she was happy with me watching Dodger games while she drifted off, but now she has about 6-10 go to movies that she'll tolerate, but that's about it.  About 5 years ago, she got me a set of bluetooth headphones that make it so I can watch whatever I want while she sleeps.  We'd probably be divorced without them!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #797 on: June 28, 2021, 10:13:28 AM »

My wife typically goes to sleep much earlier than I do.  Before Vin Scully retired, she was happy with me watching Dodger games while she drifted off, but now she has about 6-10 go to movies that she'll tolerate, but that's about it.  About 5 years ago, she got me a set of bluetooth headphones that make it so I can watch whatever I want while she sleeps.  We'd probably be divorced without them!

The newer TVs that we have are bluetooth enabled, so I do watch some shows/movies that way, especially early morning/late at night.  But the TV in the workout room is the older one, sans bluetooth - UNTIL NOW!

Tim:  "Why are your teeth blue?"

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #798 on: June 28, 2021, 10:15:46 AM »

I laughed out loud at that one!   That sounds like something out of Seinfeld.  Haha.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #799 on: June 28, 2021, 10:26:11 AM »

The newer TVs that we have are bluetooth enabled, so I do watch some shows/movies that way, especially early morning/late at night.  But the TV in the workout room is the older one, sans bluetooth - UNTIL NOW!

:lol back when I used to live with my x, I would do the same thing because I worked late into the night and she'd be sleeping when I'd come home.  Pop on the blu-tooth headphones onto the TV and problem solved from waking her up.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #800 on: June 28, 2021, 10:28:51 AM »

Actually, my question is...why do they call it a blue tooth? Shouldn't it be called blue ear?

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #801 on: June 29, 2021, 06:01:21 PM »
I had a great call with two major customers for my own startup and gained renewed hope. I think startup is cycles of finding good news to keep going until it works out. This week is fuckin gold based on this one global company that's interested in funding our development.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #802 on: June 29, 2021, 06:10:33 PM »
What kind of business ZGF?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #803 on: June 30, 2021, 03:02:58 PM »
We were told this morning that we can all take Friday off and now have a 4 day weekend  :yarr

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #804 on: July 01, 2021, 09:15:48 AM »
Canada Day, and the start of 12 days of PTO.

:fistpump: