Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 96799 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #700 on: January 20, 2021, 10:13:10 AM »
I saw Alex Landenburg (current drummer of Kamelot and Cyhra) shared a video I recorded on facebook of Kamelot's performance in NYC a couple years ago :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #701 on: January 20, 2021, 10:14:17 AM »

Wait...what?!?!

You literally had the 9th reply on page 1 of the UFO listening Party, but never posted again... :-[

This was all covered when it went on sale in October. and since. Just review the last page or two of that thread.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #702 on: January 20, 2021, 10:21:23 AM »
You literally had the 9th reply on page 1 of the UFO listening Party, but never posted again... :-[

This was all covered when it went on sale in October. and since. Just review the last page or two of that thread.

Never posted again?  You mean other than my several posts through page 14 of the thread?  I dropped off after you covered Strangers and Lovedrive because I'm not familiar with UFO after Strangers.  Sheesh....
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #703 on: January 20, 2021, 10:24:30 AM »

Never posted again?  You mean other than my several posts through page 14 of the thread?  I dropped off after you covered Strangers and Lovedrive because I'm not familiar with UFO after Strangers.  Sheesh....

Oh, OK. I'll have to go back and check. I wish you had stuck around.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #704 on: January 20, 2021, 11:55:27 AM »

I'm currently caught up to page 38, and making my notes offline.  I'll come back to re-posting there sometime in 2021.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline pg1067

« Reply #705 on: January 20, 2021, 01:20:15 PM »

Thanks, but it's a 70+ page thread, and once you got past the stuff I knew, there wouldn't have been much of anything for me to say.   :)
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #706 on: January 20, 2021, 01:22:01 PM »
It's all good. It's only my second Listening Party, so that's why I out the links to the albums in the OP. UFO has tons of great music after Strangers.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #707 on: January 20, 2021, 03:00:14 PM »

Thanks, but it's a 70+ page thread, and once you got past the stuff I knew, there wouldn't have been much of anything for me to say.   :)

Well, that's why you keep following along and check out new music.  No point joining a listening party for just the stuff you know.  You missed out on discovering a lot more really good music.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #708 on: January 20, 2021, 03:10:12 PM »
Well, that's why you keep following along and check out new music.  No point joining a listening party for just the stuff you know.  You missed out on discovering a lot more really good music.

Huh?  Was I supposed to run out and buy a bunch of new albums?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #709 on: January 20, 2021, 03:15:37 PM »

No, just try and listen along with what you weren't familiar with. But it's fine if you didn't have the time or interest in it. But they did follow up the Schenker Era with a bunch of good stuff.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #710 on: January 20, 2021, 03:49:28 PM »

No.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #711 on: January 21, 2021, 06:56:59 AM »

No.

NOW you tell me.   ;) :) :)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #712 on: January 21, 2021, 01:42:13 PM »

No.

NOW you tell me.   ;) :) :)

I missed my own memo too.  :lol

Offline tofee35

« Reply #713 on: January 21, 2021, 03:34:09 PM »
Today I read a nice article about how Ivan Reitman cried after watching a screening of his son's Ghostbusters movie and told him that he's so proud to be his father. There's nothing like a nice father son moment. Throw in a Ghostbusters backstory and I may be happy all week.

-Tof

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #714 on: January 21, 2021, 03:53:25 PM »
Day off with the Missus, watching youtube vids of the area we're researching now for retirement.  It really ticked off a lot of our boxes.  We will probably be traveling there around May/June.  Port Charlotte Florida and the surrounding towns.  Very exciting planning this next chapter in our lives.  2 more years to go!!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #715 on: January 21, 2021, 09:00:36 PM »
Day off with the Missus, watching youtube vids of the area we're researching now for retirement.  It really ticked off a lot of our boxes.  We will probably be traveling there around May/June.  Port Charlotte Florida and the surrounding towns.  Very exciting planning this next chapter in our lives.  2 more years to go!!

Me jelly.  I've got 8-10 to go.  Hoping to retire before the '30s.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #716 on: January 21, 2021, 09:49:18 PM »

Reach out if you're interested; I have family in that area.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #717 on: January 24, 2021, 07:19:41 AM »
I'm starting a financial coaching side business and I had my first paid client yesterday. The meeting went fantastic, like exactly how I would have mapped it out if I was imagining the perfect meeting. It was so incredibly reassuring that I have what it takes to do this. I still need to work on how to find clients, but at least I confirmed that I can help them once I get them!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #718 on: January 24, 2021, 07:43:04 AM »
That’s awesome. Hope it continues to grow.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #719 on: January 24, 2021, 09:04:38 AM »

Hope you make your target date Bro!  2 years is gonna seem like an eternity for me.... :lol

Reach out if you're interested; I have family in that area.
PM'd you!  Thanks!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #720 on: January 24, 2021, 10:31:12 AM »

Hope you make your target date Bro!  2 years is gonna seem like an eternity for me.... :lol

Should be able to.  I've got a plan with the target date between '27 an '29.  But you know what they say ... man plans, and God laughs.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #721 on: January 24, 2021, 05:32:54 PM »
Should be able to.  I've got a plan with the target date between '27 an '29.  But you know what they say ... man plans, and God laughs.
So very true!  You don't have to look past this last year to believe that :(  Hopefully we will be OK.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #722 on: January 24, 2021, 10:13:47 PM »
Signed up for a fuckton of free birthday shit so Imma go drive around town tomorrow eating like a fat fuck.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #723 on: January 25, 2021, 07:00:43 AM »

:heart :heart :heart

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #724 on: January 25, 2021, 07:55:32 AM »

:heart :heart :heart

;)

Offline pg1067

« Reply #725 on: February 08, 2021, 02:21:29 PM »
So...nearly 6 years ago, I was hospitalized for something heart related.  I've been on meds and seeing a cardiologist ever since.  At the time some sort of heart function, which is supposed to be around 55% was around 25%.  She told me this morning that I'm up to around 45%!

Of course, I then went to my dentist and found out I need to have a tooth extracted, so....  Win some; lose some.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #726 on: February 08, 2021, 02:26:20 PM »
So...nearly 6 years ago, I was hospitalized for something heart related.  I've been on meds and seeing a cardiologist ever since.  At the time some sort of heart function, which is supposed to be around 55% was around 25%.  She told me this morning that I'm up to around 45%!

Of course, I then went to my dentist and found out I need to have a tooth extracted, so....  Win some; lose some.

Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant.  Sometimes both in the same day!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #727 on: February 08, 2021, 05:53:33 PM »

Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant.  Sometimes both in the same day!

Well...at least the dentist gave me Haagen Dazs ice cream, and losing the tooth means I lost weight today!   :)  On the other hand, no steak or ribs for a while.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #728 on: February 09, 2021, 08:22:09 AM »
I HATE the dentist.  I've got a fairly high tolerance for pain to start with, and coupled with my mental hangups (for all my dad went through, physically, I feel like a p***y complaining about pain), but for some reason that goes out the window with the dentist.  Even a cleaning, I come out with my hands white from wringing them in my lap.   My dentist is a male, and he seems to understand, but the dental assistant and the hygienists are female, and I can see that glimmer of contempt in their eyes as I let that little squeal and flinch of "pain" (in quotes because it's probably not actual pain, just pressure or discomfort).  :)

Anyway, I had to get a crown a couple weeks ago, and while in hindsight I'm all tough guy, in the moment it was tough.  I was fully novocaine'd so I didn't feel much, but there was a dull ache for a day or two and I didn't so much as swish liquid around the temporary cap.   The permanent was supposed to go on on the 24th, but they called me Friday and said it was in, so could I come in yesterday?  I did, and with no novocaine it was an uncomfortable experience, and I had a fair amount of (real) pain for a couple hours after.  What made me happy?    Couple'a Advil and by dinner things were good, and this morning I had a cup of coffee and a half a ham/cheese sandwich and I even forgot to favor that side!  Back to normal!   

Did I mention, I hate the dentist? 

Offline H2

« Reply #729 on: February 09, 2021, 09:09:51 AM »
I managed to negotiate myself a $1000 addition to my graduate stipend (because I agreed to teach a pretty time-consuming course this semester). Feels good!

@Stads I'm sorry, Stads, but that write-up was really funny. You really hate the dentist that much, huh? "Even a cleaning, I come out with my hands white from wringing them in my lap." Dude, maybe you need a gentler dentist! Sometimes, my dentist will prick the edge of my gums a little bit (where the gums meet the teeth) but it's more of an annoying pain, not agonizing.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #730 on: February 09, 2021, 09:13:14 AM »
I don't know what it is; it's a hangup.  I did get my four front baby teeth knocked out on the playground once, so that might be it.  My childhood dentist was a butcher, too (and it didn't help that he was my best friend's uncle).  Though he did give out these cool Flintstones erasers.  :) :)    The things we remember......

Offline pg1067

« Reply #731 on: February 09, 2021, 09:58:52 AM »
I HATE the dentist.

I supposedly have genetically poor teeth and didn't take care of my teeth as a kid, so I spent a fair amount of time at the dentist.  I've also been told that the dentist I had as a kid wasn't very good.  As a result of all this, I've avoided dentists like the plague as an adult.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #732 on: February 09, 2021, 01:33:35 PM »
Learning a new language (Polish) and there are 2 people at work that are fluent. I randomly said to one of them "how are you?" in Polish and she responded without missing a beat in back to me in Polish. That's the first time I ever communicated in a different language then my mother tongue and it felt so cool and fun.

Offline H2

« Reply #733 on: February 10, 2021, 12:03:05 AM »
Speaking of dentistry/teeth issues.... I started Invisalign about a week ago. I'm on day 8. Hurts a lot, but it's a good pain.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #734 on: February 12, 2021, 04:55:47 PM »
I HATE the dentist.

I supposedly have genetically poor teeth and didn't take care of my teeth as a kid, so I spent a fair amount of time at the dentist.  I've also been told that the dentist I had as a kid wasn't very good.  As a result of all this, I've avoided dentists like the plague as an adult.

I have genetically bad teeth, basically I grew a few sets of wisdom teeth that caused a lot of problems. So far I'm 7 teeth extracted and implant put in as of December. I was going to get another 4 implants but that's on hold because I learned I need braces. To keep this from being the was pissed you off thread I'm happy I can afford the dental car because insurance is worthless.