Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 95986 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2020, 12:22:39 PM »
Hope that works out Jingle, there may never be a better time to reach out

What makes me happy?  I'm WFH today and I just woke up and logged in.  That's a lot more sleep than if I had to go into work.

It's crazy how much time I gain by working from home. I'm just as productive and I'm not nearly exhausted when I finish work.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2020, 12:30:26 PM »
Yeah some of those earlier Disney/animated films, and especially some fairy tales, and grim and morbid.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2020, 01:00:35 PM »
My oldest daughter works at a local grocery store and she has been volunteering to work more while school is out.  Her manager has been so pleased with her that he gave her some in store credits to spend.  Those are only given out to employees who do an outstanding job.  I'm so proud of her!
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2020, 01:25:02 PM »
My oldest daughter works at a local grocery store and she has been volunteering to work more while school is out.  Her manager has been so pleased with her that he gave her some in store credits to spend.  Those are only given out to employees who do an outstanding job.  I'm so proud of her!

Your daughter is doing work that we should all support in these times, that's great for her, but please stay safe as well!

What also made me happy?  I weighed myself this morning and I hit my goal I set 10 months ago  :metal :metal I don't know how much of that is from water weight or fluctuations, and I don't plan on stopping my regiment, but damn did I feel not only shocked but really proud of myself.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2020, 01:40:01 PM »

Sounds like she's really bringing home the bacon!  ;)
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2020, 01:40:34 PM »

That's awesome dude!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2020, 01:55:28 PM »
This is my 2nd day working from home and will continue for at least 2 weeks.  Loving it.  Instead of a cubical, I have a wall office now in my den.  I'm the only one here and it's nice and quiet.  :hat
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2020, 02:08:56 PM »
What also made me happy?  I weighed myself this morning and I hit my goal I set 10 months ago  :metal :metal I don't know how much of that is from water weight or fluctuations, and I don't plan on stopping my regiment, but damn did I feel not only shocked but really proud of myself.

Congrats!  :metal That's pretty awesome.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2020, 05:26:59 PM »
Congrats to your daughter, Northern Lion! Sounds like you've done a damn fine job raising her. Also, HUGE congrats to you, Marc. Food might be as addictive as any narcotic in the world since not only is it completely legal but we're also forced to have it daily to even live so it's definitely addictive for some of us. Great job of telling temptation to fuck off and staying focused.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2020, 06:45:12 PM »
A co-worker is bringing in cotton candy ice cream and is on her way to work now. Very excited

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2020, 11:27:34 AM »
I got my tax return today! In full. Last year I was penalized the majority of my tax return because I didn't have health insurance for the first half of 2018 which is total bulls#$&, thankfully that got stopped and I have health insurance now anyway. I'm gonna make one hell of a credit card payment, sock most of the rest into savings, and buy a brand new huge 4K TV since my current TV has a ton of burn-in and is 9 years old.

Happy day!! Screw you, virus!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2020, 11:36:22 AM »
Being with my dad taking him to his chemo appointment.

I cherish these moments because he's fighting cancer and has MS.  Not sure how much time I have left with him so these moments mean a lot.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Harmony

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2020, 01:12:58 PM »
Love and hope from Italy.   :heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtX1r0SzxlI
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2020, 01:51:24 PM »
I got my tax return today! In full. Last year I was penalized the majority of my tax return because I didn't have health insurance for the first half of 2018 which is total bulls#$&, thankfully that got stopped and I have health insurance now anyway. I'm gonna make one hell of a credit card payment, sock most of the rest into savings, and buy a brand new huge 4K TV since my current TV has a ton of burn-in and is 9 years old.

:tup
I received my state tax return Monday.  I went to Forno's, the restaurant where we hosted a Dream Theater preshow, and bought some wine for my wife as part of his 'shut down' sale.  Wish I could have had an 'Astonishing' pizza, and washed it down with either a 'Paralyzed' or 'Pale Blue Dot' drink.  Maybe this summer.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2020, 03:05:05 PM »
Nice, DA!

Joe, I'm so sorry. Every year I think about going through those moments with my parents and dread it more as time goes on.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2020, 03:10:16 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/new-mexico-high-school-wrestler-pins-down-suspected-kidnapper-at-convenience-store/ar-BB11MbzD?li=BBnba9I

:metal

I cherish these moments because he's fighting cancer and has MS.  Not sure how much time I have left with him so these moments mean a lot.

So scary.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2020, 03:49:00 PM »
Working from home. 
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2020, 07:22:30 PM »
Katatonia.  :)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2020, 08:29:31 PM »

Damn, I had no idea.  Definitely cherish those moments, man.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2020, 08:34:24 PM »
Thank you guys. His chemo was gone very well. His MS/Dementia is a losing battle. It sucjs. He's only 73 but a shell of his past life.

My mom passed away at 64 was a crime. Seeing my dad slowly lose himself is heartbreaking.   So those moments of clarity is something I cherish. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2020, 08:44:25 PM »
Thank you guys. His chemo was gone very well. His MS/Dementia is a losing battle. It sucjs. He's only 73 but a shell of his past life.

My mom passed away at 64 was a crime. Seeing my dad slowly lose himself is heartbreaking.   So those moments of clarity is something I cherish.

:heart :heart

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2020, 10:24:35 PM »

Very nice! And rock on man  :metal
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2020, 02:03:39 PM »
 Finding out I could turn off forum signatures 2min ago.  :D

Offline PetFish

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2020, 08:18:21 PM »
Going for a walk (that's allowed) in an empty park with my toddler who hasn't been outside in a week due to "an abundance of caution" (I hate that phrase, almost as much as I hate "cautiously optimistic").

I don't know how we're going to keep our kids indoors all summer if things stay this way.  I feel so sorry for them.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2020, 08:25:11 PM »
We get our kids (8 and 2) for a walk every day if we can. We let our 8 year old play outside with the kids of one neighbor whom we are friends with and trust (we know they are staying home and interacting with others at a minimum).
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2020, 07:53:25 AM »
I just ordered this neat little Starry night projector called the Skylite. It projects a starry night sky on the ceiling and wall

Offline frogprog

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2020, 08:16:26 AM »
Wow, that's really cool. I will have to look into that. I think it would be really cool in my studio for when we finally get back to jamming together!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2020, 09:14:28 AM »
OMG I've thought about getting something like that for the longest time. How much did it cost? Please let us know what it's like when you get it. Colored and designed lights like this are my favorite way of decorating and lighting up my apartment.

EDIT: This looks like it. I am gonna chew on it for a couple hours... probably gonna jump in and buy it though.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2020, 09:18:27 AM »

EDIT: This looks like it. I am gonna chew on it for a couple hours... probably gonna jump in and buy it though.

Yup, that's the one I ordered. I love stargazing, so I can't wait for this thing to get me and see how it is.

The projection looks real laid back and chill, so it should be pretty cool. And you can set it to be static or to move around which should be really cool.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2020, 12:20:36 PM »
Was watching a Bob Ross video on YT today (which should be enough to make anyone happy) and one of the comments was "Bob passed away only because God wanted a painting lesson."

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2020, 03:17:44 PM »
Hope that works out Jingle, there may never be a better time to reach out

What makes me happy?  I'm WFH today and I just woke up and logged in.  That's a lot more sleep than if I had to go into work.

It's crazy how much time I gain by working from home. I'm just as productive and I'm not nearly exhausted when I finish work.

Exactly!  Before the virus our Controller refused to let us try AWS even though other other sections on our floor were AWS from 1 to 5 days a week.  When the governor stepped in most State workers are allowed to work from home.

I am hoping when we go back to the office we will be allowed to continue at least 3 days a week.

I am so much happier and just as productive or more mainly from not having to deal with office politics and unhappy employees around me.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2020, 01:29:56 PM »
I rarely buy expensive things to treat myself, and I'm in dire need of a new TV, and I've been doing research with all signs pointing me towards a 55" TCL series 4K TV. Lo and behold...

Gonna sit on this for an hour or so... might bite the bullet and order it. Work ain't stopping anytime soon, steady flow of work and normal paychecks, and that price is great. I've heard some things about the "TCL lottery" with these but, free shipping and free returns, so, hard to find a losing situation here. My current TV is a 42" LG, never had a 4K TV, so it's a significant upgrade. It's making me happy that I might be getting it, so there.  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2020, 01:34:53 PM »
That's great. Real nice price.

I just got my TV back from the repair shop today, so I'm good too!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2020, 01:39:00 PM »
Really good price for sure and has great reviews.

I honestly don't see the need to spend thousands on a TV, specially with how quickly the price drops.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2020, 02:03:10 PM »
Sorry guys, I misspoke. I was actually looking for this one. $70 more, but with free shipping and only tax it came out to $381 and some change, and with Prime it's showing up on Tuesday. I've been using this 42" TV for 9 years now and the burn-in has gotten absurd. I'm going to take that and put it in my bedroom and use this one for my gaming and TV watching. In a perfect world I'd have bought a 70" but I'm not made of that kind of money and I'm happy with this so yayyy  :biggrin:

I dread bringing this home, though. I don't drive a truck so I'll have to have my brother help me bring it home (I'm having it delivered to work, f having it delivered to my apartment in broad daylight when nobody's home). I'm paranoid about people seeing others bring in big TVs even if they're not super expensive, so then I gotta chop up the box super fine.