Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 96735 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #280 on: July 21, 2020, 07:59:47 PM »
Watching the Buffalo Blue Jays tonight, Chad! :lol

Jingle.daughter is. She’s the MLB fan in the house.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #281 on: July 21, 2020, 08:02:17 PM »
Been a good game. The subs are coming in. I hate preseason for any sport.

I need hockey!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #282 on: July 21, 2020, 08:10:25 PM »
Stadler
Ericnumbers

Just seeing this.  :metal
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #283 on: July 21, 2020, 08:16:49 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #284 on: July 23, 2020, 10:27:44 AM »
Payday!!  Direct deposit baby! :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #285 on: July 23, 2020, 12:05:19 PM »
Chipotle for lunch!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #286 on: July 23, 2020, 12:22:00 PM »
Watching the Buffalo Blue Jays tonight, Chad! :lol

Jingle.daughter is. She’s the MLB fan in the house.

I think they should still let Geddy Lee sit behind home plate as the official scorekeeper.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #287 on: July 23, 2020, 07:48:01 PM »
Yeah, but more likely a cardboard Geddy.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #288 on: July 23, 2020, 08:50:49 PM »
I was painting some decking today at work, and when I was done, since I was outside, I just washed my brush with a garden hose. Then, after thinking for half a minute on how to dry it, I decided to shake off the excess, and just beat the devil out of it.. Would have went on to paint a happy little cloud or two, but had to get back to working on the deck.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #289 on: July 24, 2020, 07:53:59 AM »
My (step)son is coming home from Afghanistan.   He's actually back on U.S. soil now, but the Army has debriefing/quarrantining/etc. so we won't see him until mid, late August.  But he's coming home! 

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #290 on: July 24, 2020, 07:56:23 AM »
My (step)son is coming home from Afghanistan.   He's actually back on U.S. soil now, but the Army has debriefing/quarrantining/etc. so we won't see him until mid, late August.  But he's coming home! 
That's great news! I can't imagine the stress of having a loved one serving in the military overseas. I would be proud if any of my boys chose to serve, but I really hope they don't. I don't think my anxious mind could take it.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #291 on: July 24, 2020, 08:07:51 AM »
That's great news! I can't imagine the stress of having a loved one serving in the military overseas. I would be proud if any of my boys chose to serve, but I really hope they don't. I don't think my anxious mind could take it.

It's been an unusual experience, I'll give you that.   It was hardest on my wife; you know how when you get your brakes done, you notice the difference and say "wow that was worse than I thought!"?   She's been like a new person over the last couple days.  He's her baby, and it really wore on her.   But the hardest part for me was the lack of  (reliable) information.   In 2020 with Tweeter and Instachat and Facegram, where you know every meal, every sneeze, every defecation from some people, we would hear on the news that a "<the helicopter he is responsible for> was shot down" or "<base in Afghanistan> was bombed" and we'd panic.  Then we'd get a text hours later "Hey. Fine."   And it would turn out that the base was another base across the mountains, or the helicopter went down two months ago, and that was the "release" story.  I suppose that's good because this is real world, and if I can find it on Facechat so can the Taliban, but still.   I am careful to say stuff around the rest of the family, because feelings, but in my head, I kind of resigned myself to the fact that if something bad DID happen it would come in the form of a man at my door, not CNN or NBC61 or whatever the local channel is. 

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #292 on: July 24, 2020, 08:09:54 AM »
New Haken album is released.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #293 on: July 24, 2020, 08:21:54 AM »
New Taylor Swift album is released.

That's big news.  I know I'm excited for it. 

:) :) :)

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #294 on: July 24, 2020, 08:27:09 AM »
 :neverusethis:
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #295 on: July 24, 2020, 09:46:11 AM »

Awesome! Congrats!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #296 on: July 24, 2020, 10:40:06 AM »

Super good news Stadler!  I'm really happy for you and your son  :tup :tup

My olderst daugher and I went out for icecream and a walk last night.  We talked about all kinds of things, boys, struggles she has as a teen, her job ect.  We walked and talked for about an hour and a half.  It was such a good time and bonding moment for both of us.  And afterward, I felt like such a good dad!
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #297 on: July 24, 2020, 11:16:01 AM »
My prescription was filled an hour early so I can leave work earlier than I originally expected  :hat

And I'm off all week next week  :biggrin:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #298 on: July 24, 2020, 11:17:44 AM »

My olderst daugher and I went out for icecream and a walk last night.  We talked about all kinds of things, boys, struggles she has as a teen, her job ect.  We walked and talked for about an hour and a half.  It was such a good time and bonding moment for both of us.  And afterward, I felt like such a good dad!

Awesomesauce to both of these!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #299 on: July 24, 2020, 11:43:32 AM »
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #300 on: July 24, 2020, 12:30:56 PM »
Got a pretty good raise recently (biggest one I've ever had actually). Been seriously considering building a new PC exclusively for recording music, just been nervous because of the cost involved + buying all new cables + other stuff... but I'm serious about doing it, so hey. Anyway today one of my favorite guitarists urged me to join the scene again and make a band and that was kind of the "oh shit is this really happening" moment where I realized I have to shit or get off the pot, so I spent the morning researching what I would want in a PC. Then on my lunch, serendipitous as hell, my buddy who runs a PC business messages me and says someone backed out of a brand new rig he built and offered it to me. I could save a few hundred by taking out the video card but I could either keep it in there and game with it anyway, or take it out and throw it in my gaming rig.

Anyway I'm off to go buy this sucker and finally get started on the road to serious recording. And on top of that, this morning I finished up a months-long project at work involving 14 years of data. Very happy with myself today. :2metal:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #301 on: July 24, 2020, 01:16:24 PM »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #302 on: July 24, 2020, 03:03:26 PM »

It's been an unusual experience, I'll give you that.   It was hardest on my wife; you know how when you get your brakes done, you notice the difference and say "wow that was worse than I thought!"?   She's been like a new person over the last couple days.  He's her baby, and it really wore on her.   But the hardest part for me was the lack of  (reliable) information.   In 2020 with Tweeter and Instachat and Facegram, where you know every meal, every sneeze, every defecation from some people, we would hear on the news that a "<the helicopter he is responsible for> was shot down" or "<base in Afghanistan> was bombed" and we'd panic.  Then we'd get a text hours later "Hey. Fine."   And it would turn out that the base was another base across the mountains, or the helicopter went down two months ago, and that was the "release" story.  I suppose that's good because this is real world, and if I can find it on Facechat so can the Taliban, but still.   I am careful to say stuff around the rest of the family, because feelings, but in my head, I kind of resigned myself to the fact that if something bad DID happen it would come in the form of a man at my door, not CNN or NBC61 or whatever the local channel is.

Yeah, scary shit.

Awesome for your family that he is headed home.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #303 on: July 24, 2020, 03:04:28 PM »
And on top of that, this morning I finished up a months-long project at work involving 14 years of data. Very happy with myself today. :2metal:

So you finished your roulette spreadsheet finally?

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #304 on: July 24, 2020, 03:08:29 PM »
And on top of that, this morning I finished up a months-long project at work involving 14 years of data. Very happy with myself today. :2metal:

So you finished your roulette spreadsheet finally?

That joke would've worked if I hadn't finished it last week, or a few days ago, whichever it was  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #305 on: July 25, 2020, 12:50:31 PM »
I like making pizza myself.
Not like, buy a pizza and throw it in the oven, no, I make the thing myself. It's fun to do and so much better than whatever pizza you can get premade or from any random pizza delivery joint. I think today I made the best pizza I've ever done. It was fantastic.

Also I had a really good day of playing lots of music, as well as doing some necessary stuff in the house.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #306 on: July 25, 2020, 12:52:08 PM »
 :tup  Every Monday is pizza (home-made) and TV night in the jingle.household.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #307 on: July 25, 2020, 02:35:21 PM »
I make pizza quite often, and as such we rarely ever order pizza, either for take-out or in a restaurant.

What do you guys do for crust? Do you make your own from scratch, buy pre-made dough, or the kind that comes in a box that you mix with water?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #308 on: July 25, 2020, 08:36:49 PM »
I make pizza quite often, and as such we rarely ever order pizza, either for take-out or in a restaurant.

What do you guys do for crust? Do you make your own from scratch, buy pre-made dough, or the kind that comes in a box that you mix with water?

Pre made from local bakery, and the rectangle crusts from Costco. Those are pretty damned good.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #309 on: July 25, 2020, 08:37:04 PM »
That's really cool. Honestly it's stuff like this that makes me really sad I won't have a daughter. I have three sons and a fourth on the way. They're great and I have special bonds with each of them, but I don't think it will ever be the same as a father/daughter bond could have been. But I think God knew what he was doing by giving us all boys. It's really for the best I think.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #310 on: July 27, 2020, 07:18:26 AM »
:tup  Every Monday is pizza (home-made) and TV night in the jingle.household.

Once the quarantine lifts, I'll bring the dessert!   :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE home-made pizza.  We don't do it weekly, but probably monthly in the winter.  I will get the dough in a bag from a supermarket chain around here called "Big Y" and roll it out so that I can make a pie for each person eating.  Step son loves cheese, so that's what gets.   Wifey likes margarita (fresh tomato, fresh basil, and slices of mozzarella cheese).   I will usually play around.   Love pepperoni and onions, will sometimes substitute sausage, bacon, or peppers for the pepperoni.   I will sometimes make a "test" pie with unusual stuff.   My best was a prosciutto, goat cheese and fig pie that was TO DIE FOR.   

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #311 on: July 27, 2020, 09:28:39 AM »
I've been regularly making my own pizzas during the stay at home time.  I just buy the dough at the supermarket and usually split it in half to make two smaller pizzas.  In fact, I'm planning on making one tonight.  It'll be basic pepperoni, onions, peppers, and fresh garlic but it always comes out so well.  While I'm not skilled to make a great new york style pie, my pizzas consistently come out really good that makes me not really care to order out. (haven't had a single take out or delivery since stay at home started).

Edit: here's the pizza, so simple and so delicious
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 12:35:45 PM by cramx3 »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #312 on: August 02, 2020, 06:51:59 AM »
Taking my wife to a garden and seeing her in her happy place. I got this awesome picture there.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #313 on: August 03, 2020, 06:28:19 AM »
Cram, no lie, I'd pay money for that. That looks DELICIOUS. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #314 on: August 03, 2020, 05:19:06 PM »
Is that the coronavirus plant?