Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 96888 times)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #245 on: July 07, 2020, 03:45:29 PM »
I have holidays since last Friday. This past weekend was spent inside a rehearsal room in an old bunker, doing silly music stuff with two friends. That was fun. We stayed at a local camp-site in some small tents.

Holiday for me means: lots of practice time (as well as doing other fun stuff). Played a lot of music today again and I made nice food. Good day for sure :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #246 on: July 10, 2020, 05:59:33 AM »
It actually happened yesterday, but I traveled to the place I was born for mother's birthday. My favourite place in the world and great family night.

My sea:

The moon dawning:

Can you believe this girl is 70?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #247 on: July 10, 2020, 07:23:04 AM »
Enjoy every moment.  I miss my mom so much.  I felt see was robbed passing away so early.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #248 on: July 10, 2020, 07:33:50 AM »
Enjoy every moment.  I miss my mom so much.  I felt see was robbed passing away so early.

Thank you, man. I do and I will (hence the 600km hit and run trip in the night). Learned that lesson taking my dad for granted.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #249 on: July 10, 2020, 07:54:29 AM »
Same with my dad.  Though he is battling lung cancer and has MS.  He's a fighter.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #250 on: July 10, 2020, 08:16:17 AM »

Can you believe this girl is 70?

Your mom looks amazingly like my beloved Mrs. P!  :heart

:thursday: to her good health.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #251 on: July 10, 2020, 08:30:21 AM »
Thanks Gregg! You can see she's toasted more than enough  :D

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #252 on: July 10, 2020, 10:30:44 AM »
She looks fantastic Alex!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #253 on: July 10, 2020, 10:36:58 AM »
Thank you! Two packs a day since I know her. It's infuriating.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #254 on: July 11, 2020, 03:34:19 PM »
Silly thing compared to the other posts, but just finished an intense D&D session which I was building up to for more than a year for my group. We were to play on 6 PM and we had to move it to 7 PM because one of our players couldn't make it earlier and I was nervous the whole day, like I couldn't even sit still for 5 minutes. The hour of delay was especially excruciating. But as usual as we started playing, the fear evaporated and I feel like I've been at my best for the whole session. We played for five hours and at the end I've even got a round of applause from the players.

This shit makes me nervous as hell before the game, but it's thrilling when we nail it as a group.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #255 on: July 11, 2020, 03:39:51 PM »
Not silly at all. You had an orchestra cheer its own conductor.  :tup
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 04:00:12 PM by Indiscipline »

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #256 on: July 11, 2020, 03:51:57 PM »
That’s awesome, Ruslan.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #257 on: July 11, 2020, 04:28:27 PM »
Silly thing compared to the other posts, but just finished an intense D&D session which I was building up to for more than a year for my group. We were to play on 6 PM and we had to move it to 7 PM because one of our players couldn't make it earlier and I was nervous the whole day, like I couldn't even sit still for 5 minutes. The hour of delay was especially excruciating. But as usual as we started playing, the fear evaporated and I feel like I've been at my best for the whole session. We played for five hours and at the end I've even got a round of applause from the players.

This shit makes me nervous as hell before the game, but it's thrilling when we nail it as a group.

What are you talking about? A whole year?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #258 on: July 12, 2020, 04:17:19 AM »

What are you talking about? A whole year?

Well, we started the campaign in February 2018. We're usually playing for 3-4 hours once a week or once in two weeks depending on our schedules, so you can imagine the story doesn't move quite fast. The current big story arc which is a part of the main plot which started in spring of 2019 I think, when the party's druid became competent enough to become a full member of their circle and had to pass a trial to prove it. The trial, essentially, if passed, allowed her to meet and talk with the goddess on another plane of existence who watched over the circle (because the head of this particular circle, a high-level druid who is a shape-shifted silver dragon, made a deal with that goddess long ago), but only once. All druids of the circle passed that test once, and the goddess would give them cryptic directions which they were to follow if they wanted the circle to stand (but which are also tied in with the major events happening in the world). So the druid passed, and the goddess gave her three riddles/prophecies from which the party unknowingly picked one and been following it since, and in the last six or seven months it gradually began to become obvious to them they were following one of them. And yesterday they reached the final part of that prophecy, which in turn kicked in the final sequence of events in this arc and the next couple of sessions will see how they'll resolve the whole situation.

I had three big moments for this arc in mind in 2019 depending which prophecy they would pick (if any) to follow on, and to see one of them come to light a year after without any big railroading was extremely satisfying for all of us I guess. I'm still happy as hell after sleeping on it. :lol

It's a nerdy thing.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #259 on: July 12, 2020, 02:47:42 PM »
Through my remarkable powers, I was able to pull a future post of yours in from thread.

I finally got laid!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #260 on: July 12, 2020, 08:39:21 PM »
:lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #261 on: July 12, 2020, 08:41:02 PM »
Just bustin'.

Seriously you could've write that in Russian, and it would've made more sense. :lol

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #262 on: July 13, 2020, 11:22:25 AM »
It's great weather outside so I jumped on my bike and started cycling and came back home 100 minutes and 30 kilometers later. I do not own a road bike, this is just my silly city-bike (do they call them that in english, or is this just a Dutch word to make it seem more fancy?). It was fun. When I'm getting enough exercise for a couple of days in a row, I tend to get stupidly pumped up to do stuff. This was a good way to spend my built-up energy.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #263 on: July 13, 2020, 05:18:09 PM »
Hearing from my cousin (who is my stepmother's niece, same age as me) that she always accepted me as her family, while we discussed family events from the past, as well as how the family treated myself and my father during that time.

Almost brought a tear to my eye. I've always had... family... identity? issues.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #264 on: July 13, 2020, 09:41:20 PM »
Hearing from my cousin (who is my stepmother's niece, same age as me) that she always accepted me as her family, while we discussed family events from the past, as well as how the family treated myself and my father during that time.

Almost brought a tear to my eye. I've always had... family... identity? issues.

Awesome Jay.  Don't sweat it... we all have family issues of some sort or another.  So you fit in just fine!!   :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #265 on: July 13, 2020, 10:01:40 PM »
Was thinking about this the other day... my wife has been trying to connect more with out-of-state relatives due to Covid-19. Many are older, and she is not sure when she will be able to travel again with the virus apparently planning to stick around for a long time. She says family is recognizing the importance of family more, and she asked me why I don't connect with any of my family members outside of my parents and my sister and her family. Aside from my extended family being much smaller, my parents were never close enough with their siblings, cousins, and such to foster a close relationship between them and me. So while they are my family, I feel more of a familial connection to my neighbors, as my kids play with their kids almost every day. I have no connection with my cousins on my mom's side. I only saw them on Thanksgiving growing up, and haven't seen them in 30 years.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #266 on: July 14, 2020, 05:04:12 AM »
...and that made you happy today?? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #267 on: July 15, 2020, 10:24:46 AM »
I reached out to someone with an olive branch and they accepted.  Made me happy.  It makes me realize that having stupid grudges or whatever, are just silly.  It’s not like we will be best friends, but we did agree to be civil and nice to each other.  With so much negativity, hatred, and tribalism going on, it was nice to break out of a negative situation and into a positive one.  Sometimes I guess all you have to do is ask, and be willing to change a bit.  :)

I had thought/wondered if that was to/about Stads, and happy to assume (based on another thread today) that it was.   :tup :tup to each of you.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #268 on: July 15, 2020, 10:29:45 AM »
Stadler
Ericnumbers

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #269 on: July 15, 2020, 10:30:10 AM »
I reached out to someone with an olive branch and they accepted.  Made me happy.  It makes me realize that having stupid grudges or whatever, are just silly.  It’s not like we will be best friends, but we did agree to be civil and nice to each other.  With so much negativity, hatred, and tribalism going on, it was nice to break out of a negative situation and into a positive one.  Sometimes I guess all you have to do is ask, and be willing to change a bit.  :)

I had thought/wondered if that was to/about Stads, and happy to assume (based on another thread today) that it was.   :tup :tup to each of you.

Yay, glad to hear this. I wish I could say the same for me and someone else. Oh well. Reached out to 'em, ball's in their court, they chose to ignore me entirely. :(
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #270 on: July 15, 2020, 10:39:00 AM »
...and that made you happy today?? :lol

YES! It was actually just a reflection on Jay's comment about families.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #271 on: July 15, 2020, 11:01:35 AM »
Stadler
Ericnumbers

Still better than Trump/Pence 2020

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #272 on: July 21, 2020, 06:36:07 PM »
What made me happy today?

The Sox are on tonight playing a live baseball game!!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #273 on: July 21, 2020, 06:36:50 PM »
Paaassss.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #274 on: July 21, 2020, 06:39:09 PM »
Paaassss.

Wow, you wicked misspelled awesome.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #275 on: July 21, 2020, 06:53:27 PM »
Let me know when the games all take 3 hours or less. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #276 on: July 21, 2020, 06:57:54 PM »
Top of the 5th right now. 90 minutes in. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #277 on: July 21, 2020, 07:02:44 PM »
A MIRACLE!!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #278 on: July 21, 2020, 07:57:37 PM »
Top of the 5th right now. 90 minutes in. :lol

So basically, exactly 1/2 way at 1.5 hrs.

Let me know when the games all take 3 hours or less. 

Nailed it.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #279 on: July 21, 2020, 07:58:50 PM »
Watching the Buffalo Blue Jays tonight, Chad! :lol