Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 93529 times)

Online faizoff

Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #1785 on: May 11, 2023, 07:58:37 AM »
I could have sworn I shared this, but apparently I must have never clicked post....

Last Sunday was my 2 year anniversary of my first date with my gf.  She surprised me that morning by gifting me this:

She had asked me months ago what my favorite album was out of the blue and I told her without thinking too much of it.  She bought the vinyl signed by everyone but Kevin Moore and she framed it herself. Looks like I found the one!

This is truly thoughtful and amazing, definitely marry her.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #1786 on: May 13, 2023, 02:20:20 AM »
I'm absolutely ecstatic! It's my 40th Birthday on Tuesday and I knew my wife had planned a surprise holiday away for us and the kiddo. Well she's managed to keep it a surprise until this morning.

She's booked a campervan for the week, travelling the Scottish North Coast 500!

https://www.quirkycampers.com/uk/campervan/232503/

https://www.northcoast500.com/

I don't think I've ever talked much about my love of travelling and campervans, but this is basically the perfect present for me. We've talked about doing it for years and now we are. Out 3 year old doesn't know what he's in for! A week long outdoor adventure! He's gonna lose his mind.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1787 on: May 13, 2023, 09:22:21 AM »
That sounds amazing! Have a great trip.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1788 on: May 13, 2023, 09:26:50 AM »
I'm absolutely ecstatic! It's my 40th Birthday on Tuesday and I knew my wife had planned a surprise holiday away for us and the kiddo. Well she's managed to keep it a surprise until this morning.

I don't think I've ever talked much about my love of travelling and campervans, but this is basically the perfect present for me. We've talked about doing it for years and now we are. Out 3 year old doesn't know what he's in for! A week long outdoor adventure! He's gonna lose his mind.

That is amazing Luke and Happy Birthday Fogey!

Also, you are so fucked come her birthday.  ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1789 on: May 13, 2023, 09:49:41 AM »

1.  AWESOME!! Congratulations!

2.  What TAC said.  :)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1790 on: May 13, 2023, 09:50:41 AM »
About an hour and a half ago, my little Stadlerette graduated college, with honors.   I couldn't be prouder of her accomplishment, and more depressed about my advancing age!!! :) :) :) :)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1791 on: May 13, 2023, 09:52:56 AM »
About an hour and a half ago, my little Stadlerette graduated college, with honors.   I couldn't be prouder of her accomplishment, and more depressed about my advancing age!!! :) :) :) :)

That’s awesome Bill! Congratulations!!

Enjoy your ride home, brother.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1792 on: May 13, 2023, 11:44:41 AM »

Congrats!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1793 on: May 13, 2023, 11:52:14 AM »
Congrats Bill!!  Such a proud moment to share. Thank you!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #1794 on: May 13, 2023, 02:31:04 PM »

Cheers dude, really can't wait to get going tomorrow! I'm ready to officially join fogey-dom, any tips?

And yea, I'm always struggling to keep up with her when it comes to gift giving, then she does this!

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1795 on: May 13, 2023, 04:30:45 PM »

Cheers dude, really can't wait to get going tomorrow! I'm ready to officially join fogey-dom, any tips?

And yea, I'm always struggling to keep up with her when it comes to gift giving, then she does this!

All I will say is keep yourself as thin as possible for your back, knees and type 2 diabetes. Start there, trust!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 05:17:05 PM by Glasser »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1796 on: May 13, 2023, 04:49:59 PM »
40 is required age to get in the fogey club. It's been our rule for over a decade. TSL is in!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1797 on: May 13, 2023, 04:52:44 PM »
40 is required age to get in the fogey club. It's been our rule for over a decade. TSL is in!

Oh ok. I didn't know. Thanks! Damn I'm 53 in a few weeks, fogey plus 13,   :|

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1798 on: May 13, 2023, 05:15:21 PM »
Your comfortable in a recliner then!  Lol. I'm 55.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1799 on: May 30, 2023, 09:57:32 AM »
This starts off as a work related gripe but ends up being good for me....

My company uses macbook pros.  So I've been using my current macbook for like 7 years now.  The thing is a champ and just works.  I really love it for a work laptop and I use it all the time for personal usage as well. 

But after the company was bought last year, the new work overlords don't use macbooks so they have slowly started migrated people to use Surface Pros.  It seems like a solid laptop, but it sucks I'm going to have to give up a great working product that I'm used to.

But it looks like our internal corporate IT team found a bunch of brand new macbooks that the company owns and aren't really in the books especially since no one will get issued a macbook anymore.  My boss said he's secured one for each of us to keep, along with my current macbook whenever I have to migrate to the new laptop.  Basically, I was just hoping to be able to keep my current macbook, but to be able to get a brand new one on top of that feels like I'm getting a bonus that I didn't expect.  I'm very excited and happy about that.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #1800 on: June 01, 2023, 06:03:08 PM »
Today was the last day of my 11th year of teaching. I am happy to be done, if only because it was a busy year with many changes to my 3 curriculums and having an infant grow up, but I will miss my 8th graders a they go to high school. Just a teacher workday, but still, I was so happy to come home. And my 11 month old was so happy to see me come home as well.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1801 on: June 03, 2023, 12:46:14 PM »
Do you teach over the summer, and by the way it's nice to see you back!

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #1802 on: June 03, 2023, 04:50:27 PM »
It's nice to be back, kinda came back randomly but here I am!

I don't teach over the summer, I don't need the extra cash luckily and I get to spend time with the kids.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1803 on: June 03, 2023, 04:52:01 PM »
Today was the last day of my 11th year of teaching. I am happy to be done, if only because it was a busy year with many changes to my 3 curriculums and having an infant grow up, but I will miss my 8th graders a they go to high school. Just a teacher workday, but still, I was so happy to come home. And my 11 month old was so happy to see me come home as well.

11 years? Wow, good for you.

8th graders?? That's even more impressive.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #1804 on: June 03, 2023, 04:54:29 PM »

11 years? Wow, good for you.

8th graders?? That's even more impressive.

And, get this...I teach math.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1805 on: June 04, 2023, 06:48:45 AM »
Do you teach over the summer, and by the way it's nice to see you back!

James!

I'm envious of you having the summer off.  Both my parents were teachers, and growing up we always did big things in the summer.  Twice we took 6-week road-trips across Canada - once down east; once out west.  Lots of camping trips, and family time.  Hope it's a special couple of months for the jamesfamily.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #1806 on: June 04, 2023, 11:31:39 AM »
 :biggrin:
I think we are not yet ready schedule-wise for any trips but we are definitely doing local things, like water fountains and stuff like that. It's already been a nice 3 days off. Hope you have been well!

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1807 on: June 06, 2023, 08:41:19 AM »

I'm 57.  So, 40 really isn't old anymore.  Well, it never really was. lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1808 on: June 06, 2023, 11:35:03 AM »

I'm 57.  So, 40 really isn't old anymore.  Well, it never really was. lol

It creeps up fast too!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1809 on: June 08, 2023, 01:29:52 PM »

My company uses macbook pros.  So I've been using my current macbook for like 7 years now.  The thing is a champ and just works.  I really love it for a work laptop and I use it all the time for personal usage as well. 

But after the company was bought last year, the new work overlords don't use macbooks so they have slowly started migrated people to use Surface Pros.  It seems like a solid laptop, but it sucks I'm going to have to give up a great working product that I'm used to.

But it looks like our internal corporate IT team found a bunch of brand new macbooks that the company owns and aren't really in the books especially since no one will get issued a macbook anymore.  My boss said he's secured one for each of us to keep, along with my current macbook whenever I have to migrate to the new laptop.  Basically, I was just hoping to be able to keep my current macbook, but to be able to get a brand new one on top of that feels like I'm getting a bonus that I didn't expect.  I'm very excited and happy about that.

I got my free macbook! Its a basic 2019 version without any bells and whistles, but still, it's "used" as in it didn't come in a box or with anything, but it's basically brand new as no one actually "used" it.  I'm very happy to have been able to receive this from work.  I have no immediate use, I still use my 2015 macbook, but the life on this is very limited so the new macbook is just waiting basically for this current one to die.

Work has also given us "summer fridays" where the 3 of us rotate who works from home that Friday while the other two can be offline. 

Work has been killing it with the perks lately  :yarr

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1810 on: June 08, 2023, 02:23:05 PM »

I got my free macbook! Its a basic 2019 version without any bells and whistles, but still, it's "used" as in it didn't come in a box or with anything, but it's basically brand new as no one actually "used" it.  I'm very happy to have been able to receive this from work.  I have no immediate use, I still use my 2015 macbook, but the life on this is very limited so the new macbook is just waiting basically for this current one to die.

Work has also given us "summer fridays" where the 3 of us rotate who works from home that Friday while the other two can be offline. 

Ya'll hiring? lol

Sounds awesome though  :metal
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1811 on: June 08, 2023, 02:25:32 PM »

Ya'll hiring? lol

Sounds awesome though  :metal

I wish we were.  We need people and they aren't hiring.  I work for a great company, no doubt, but there's a lot of question marks with wtf is management thinking right now (and that's coming from my manager, not just a personal view although I agree with it).

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1812 on: June 16, 2023, 02:55:44 PM »
Lizzie’s new children’s book is out and I hope it goes on the New York Times bestseller list like the first one did last year. Also she’s nominated for an Emmy again and seems to be the frontrunner. Talented babe.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1813 on: June 16, 2023, 03:34:26 PM »
I'm sorry. Who is Lizzie?

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #1814 on: June 16, 2023, 05:49:09 PM »
Lizzie McGuire

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1815 on: June 16, 2023, 05:51:59 PM »
Lizzy Caplan?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1816 on: June 16, 2023, 08:11:31 PM »
Lizzie Borden

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1817 on: June 16, 2023, 08:12:09 PM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1818 on: June 16, 2023, 08:19:57 PM »

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1819 on: June 17, 2023, 01:03:18 PM »
I'm sorry. Who is Lizzie?

My avatar.