Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 93524 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #1610 on: January 31, 2023, 05:17:11 PM »
15 pack for $24.99.  I'm OK paying for convenience. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1611 on: January 31, 2023, 05:30:59 PM »
Since I changed my eating habits, I was down 34 pounds.  8 days into the 2 week liquid diet prep for the surgery, I'm down 16 more pounds.  after the surgery, I will be down 30 more pounds in the 1st month and 160 total by a full year.

Feeling good right now!

That's awesome Joe. Watch out, this summer it's sky's out thighs out!

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1612 on: January 31, 2023, 05:54:37 PM »
15 pack for $24.99.  I'm OK paying for convenience.

You could get a 2lb tub (60 servings) for $40. what you’re really paying for is packaging and a machine to shake it for you.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1613 on: January 31, 2023, 05:57:11 PM »
Yup.  I'm OK with it. When I get in my new routine after surgery and I get into the next step after surgery then I'll talk about mixing my own. Right now, they wanted me on this. I had 4 breads to try snd these are good.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1614 on: January 31, 2023, 06:18:32 PM »
I guess the doc gets kickbacks from Premier.  :lol  Those prepackaged ones are so overpriced.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1615 on: January 31, 2023, 06:33:14 PM »
They had 5 different to try out. Lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1616 on: January 31, 2023, 06:37:31 PM »
Great news, Joe! Well done!!  :tup :tup

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1617 on: January 31, 2023, 08:00:04 PM »
Yup.  I'm OK with it. When I get in my new routine after surgery and I get into the next step after surgery then I'll talk about mixing my own. Right now, they wanted me on this. I had 4 breads to try snd these are good.

Good for you man! Its a LOT of discipline, mood swings, deprivation, and you're kicking ass, Kudos! Now I feel really shitty that I'm having bolony and Swiss cheese on a wedge.:facepalm:

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1618 on: February 01, 2023, 07:51:01 AM »
This is what I had for lunch and I'm stuffed.

Nothing beats a good solid protein shake.  Joe, not sure about over there but those premixed ones are so much more expensive than buying a tub of powder.  Maybe food for thought.

:tup

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1619 on: February 01, 2023, 02:17:39 PM »
I'm glad someone finally picked up on that.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1620 on: February 01, 2023, 02:25:36 PM »
Joe,

After consuming those protein shakes, stay away from bookstores and elevators...and especially elevators in bookstores. You could accidently kill someone with the emissions!

Glad to hear things are going well. It makes me happy to hear it.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1621 on: February 01, 2023, 02:31:04 PM »
I did that before the protein shakes Gregg. Lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1622 on: February 01, 2023, 02:37:25 PM »
So, a little late - it wasn't today, but last Thursday, so almost a week ago.

My youngest has this band they like, named Raspberry Pie.  Their deal is that they are a 70s style disco/funk band from Florida, and they take it seriously - several have afros, and they wear polyester clothes, silk shirts with flyaway collars, platform shoes, the WORKS.

They played in our beloved city last Thursday, and I accompanied the kid, who is active on the band's Discord server.  We were waiting outside the venue (a gay bar/club) when the band walked in, and they recognized my kid (who had brought their 2023 calendar to get signed) and greeted them enthusiastically.  The kid felt special, the band was excited, and after the opening band (a really talented group named Shrubb, who seem very influenced by Snarky Puppy), Raspberry Pie gave a great performance, my kid shook their ass and made new friends, and afterwards the band took turns signing the calendar yearbook style, each leaving these long messages to them. 

I was basically a tagalong, but I had a FANTASTIC time.  Life is good.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1623 on: February 01, 2023, 02:51:17 PM »
That's pretty damn cool

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1624 on: February 01, 2023, 04:14:19 PM »
Hef, nothing better than sharing your passion with your kids as they grow up.  I saw the pics on Facebook. So awesome. 

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1625 on: February 01, 2023, 04:37:17 PM »
That's awesome.   It's really something when you get to have a moment with a band that's meant a lot to you.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1626 on: February 01, 2023, 05:17:53 PM »
So, a little late - it wasn't today, but last Thursday, so almost a week ago.

My youngest has this band they like, named Raspberry Pie.  Their deal is that they are a 70s style disco/funk band from Florida, and they take it seriously - several have afros, and they wear polyester clothes, silk shirts with flyaway collars, platform shoes, the WORKS.

They played in our beloved city last Thursday, and I accompanied the kid, who is active on the band's Discord server.  We were waiting outside the venue (a gay bar/club) when the band walked in, and they recognized my kid (who had brought their 2023 calendar to get signed) and greeted them enthusiastically.  The kid felt special, the band was excited, and after the opening band (a really talented group named Shrubb, who seem very influenced by Snarky Puppy), Raspberry Pie gave a great performance, my kid shook their ass and made new friends, and afterwards the band took turns signing the calendar yearbook style, each leaving these long messages to them. 

I was basically a tagalong, but I had a FANTASTIC time.  Life is good.

That's amazing! This is a perfect example of what life is REALLY about! Excellent share!  :heart

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1627 on: February 17, 2023, 05:06:58 AM »
Firm-wide day off today, making it a 4-day weekend.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1628 on: February 17, 2023, 06:46:37 AM »
Firm-wide day off today, making it a 4-day weekend.
Always nice.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1629 on: February 27, 2023, 09:54:02 AM »
They are calling it a "promotion" but my job title and responsibilities aren't changing.  But I am getting a 5% pay raise and a new stock option grant starting March 1st  :metal :metal Basically when we were eaten up by a big company last year, they migrated all our job titles and pay to match how they do things.  In the process, I kind of got a demotion in job title, but still got a 3% raise and stock options grant.  This happened for all 3 of us on our team and we complained because that was not right.  The company listened and eventually agreed that the three of us got looked over in the migration process and that the job titles didn't make sense.  I don't know why they didn't change the titles, but they bumped us up to the next level pay grade.  I'm definitely happy about the 3% increase on January 1st and now the 5% increase on March 1st.  Even better is my business trip to Singapore starts right after the pay rate increase so I'll be earning a ton of OT on the new rate.  :yarr

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1630 on: February 27, 2023, 10:12:40 AM »
Singapore…wow!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1631 on: February 27, 2023, 11:11:54 AM »
Yeah, I don't really want to go, but I've never been and I'll be on the clock for the entire travel time of ~30 hours each way

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1632 on: March 07, 2023, 01:31:38 PM »
Not much happiness occurs on Tues since it's Monday's ugly red headed step sister.  Unless, a meeting gets cancelled.  :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1633 on: March 07, 2023, 01:49:24 PM »
my parents health issue along with the loss of my best friend due to glioblastoma has me very down always.

Not sure I will ever truly be happy again...tough times and tougher days ahead....God doesnt give one more than they can handle is what I tell myself often
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 07:26:05 PM by EPICVIEW »
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1634 on: March 07, 2023, 01:51:35 PM »
my parents heath issue along with the loss of my best friend due to glioblastoma has me very down always.

Not sure I will ever truly be happy again...tough times and tougher days ahead....God doesnt give one more than they can handle is what tell myself often

:heart
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1635 on: March 07, 2023, 01:55:53 PM »
my parents heath issue along with the loss of my best friend due to glioblastoma has me very down always.

Not sure I will ever truly be happy again...tough times and tougher days ahead....God doesnt give one more than they can handle is what tell myself often

Keep on hangin' in there my friend.  Time has a way of healing you.  :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1636 on: March 07, 2023, 02:29:52 PM »

Damn man... so sorry to hear that.  :hug:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1637 on: March 07, 2023, 02:31:41 PM »
I'm so sorry EPICVIEW. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1638 on: March 07, 2023, 03:09:19 PM »

Peace, man.  You will.  I know you will. 

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1639 on: March 07, 2023, 04:05:06 PM »

I'm so sorry. My father passed after a 15 month battle with glioblastoma, the skies have been grey ever since. Sending much love and strength to you!  :heart

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1640 on: March 07, 2023, 04:25:56 PM »

Keep holding on mate.  We love you here.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1641 on: March 07, 2023, 06:13:24 PM »

Sorry to hear this.  :( :(

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1642 on: March 07, 2023, 07:17:41 PM »
Very sorry Epic, but stay strong and you will get through this tough time

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1643 on: March 07, 2023, 07:28:04 PM »
Thank You All...

you are all really the best...love ya all..

see,,, that made me happy.... it worked !!!

I hope I made each of you happier also !

"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1644 on: March 08, 2023, 06:26:41 AM »

I'm so sorry. My father passed after a 15 month battle with glioblastoma, the skies have been grey ever since. Sending much love and strength to you!  :heart

For those that have lost - or perhaps are facing losing - a parent, there are a number of us here in the same boat.  I don't speak for everyone, because grief is a personal thing, but I'm okay if you reach out.  It DOES help some people to talk about it.  I know for me, in the eight months or so since my hero dad passed, one thing that has really helped is to do things I think would have made him proud.  He REALLY helped me through my divorce, with no judgment and no strings, and I'm trying very hard now to do the exact same thing for my stepson.  It's small, but it's meaningful, and I can take some comfort that I'm carrying on what he would have done. 

Another thing:  my dad was a "can-do" kind of guy.  Transmission is broke?  Fix it.  Or try to; it's not going to be any more broke after if you fail.  So my step son had an Audi TT and all the literature said "you need a lift, you need to pull the subframe, you need to do this and that and the other, it's a 24 hour job, blah blah blah."  And he found this one video where a guy did it in his garage with "regular" tools.   We watched the video and I said "let's do it".   And we did.  It was HARD, and at one point my stepson was very frustrated because it wasn't what he was used to, but I gently pushed him. I told him, not now, but someday, you're going to look back and feel real satisfaction, the satisfaction of knowing "we fucking DID that, what they said couldn't be done".  We finished, we did it (of course, the car doesn't run because there's something ELSE wrong with it, but whatever) and a couple nights later we're sitting at the local bar watching the Bruins and out of nowhere he turns to me and says "I'm feeling it".   "What?"   "A little satisfied.  We did that."   I wouldn't have done that for him but for my dad.

Epic, maybe try that; maybe find something your friend would be proud of.  Or that would make him smile.   Share that happiness with him in whatever way you can.