Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 93427 times)

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2020, 12:43:35 PM »
Aw, thank you, my friend.

I'm afraid I need a bona fide tour for my usual disappearing act, and we're still very far from that  :D

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2020, 12:47:46 PM »
Just as long as you don't forget to submit for my roulette :getoffmylawn:

Congrats buddy!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2020, 12:50:33 PM »

I'm afraid I need a bona fide tour for my usual disappearing act, and we're still very far from that  :D

Is time so limited on tour you can't check in? Seems like there'd be tons of downtime, no?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2020, 12:59:38 PM »
Just as long as you don't forget to submit for my roulette :getoffmylawn:

Congrats buddy!

Thanks, Mike! I'll keep submitting in your roulette even when it's over  :lol

Is time so limited on tour you can't check in? Seems like there'd be tons of downtime, no?

Lack of sleep and, above all, keyboards to write long pompous pretentious posts  :laugh:

Downtime is a mirage if you direct. Mornings are spent checking venues and planning the next week's logistics.   

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2020, 01:05:47 PM »
I'm the opposite.   I'm dying to have some time off! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2020, 01:06:37 PM »
I just had five months off!  :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2020, 01:11:25 PM »
I'd say I'm jealous but I know some went through tough times recently.

I'm just mentally gassed having to be on the ball running the site during the virus.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2020, 01:17:32 PM »
I thought Bosk ran the site?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2020, 01:30:03 PM »
No. Lol. My work. I'm a manager for a contracted company that works at a Wal Mart Distribution Center. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2020, 01:39:34 PM »
I KNOW!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2020, 02:35:18 PM »
I wanted to be the straight lack just to fuck with you. Of course I know that you k ow that I know, Norton.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #151 on: June 15, 2020, 02:54:53 PM »
Who is Norton?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #152 on: June 15, 2020, 02:58:43 PM »
 :facepalm:

Even an 80's reference.   Lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #153 on: June 15, 2020, 07:48:27 PM »
Who is Norton?

I dunno, but he probably nears a noo.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #154 on: June 15, 2020, 07:55:04 PM »
That is so bad.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2020, 04:11:09 AM »
That is so bad.

I'm just surprised you got it.  :biggrin:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2020, 02:14:46 PM »
Who is Norton?

I dunno, but he probably nears a noo.

Go stand in the corner. Even by dad joke standards this is really bad.  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2020, 02:35:17 PM »
Botanist Gin--Collins glass full of ice, tonic, fresh cut lime.  :metal
Sitting on the patio, next to the waterfall.
UFO blaring on the speakers.

Very happy indeed.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2020, 02:38:41 PM »

UFO blaring on the speakers.

:metal :metal :metal

Been listening to a lot of UFO this week with Paul Chapman's passing.

Online Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2020, 03:02:41 PM »
Eating nice food.
Playing guitar.
My work being appreciated by my supervisor.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2020, 03:29:03 PM »
Got a new drill and a new impact driver delivered by UPS!

Holy fuck! Love the power!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2020, 03:33:38 PM »
I get to tell my employees tomorrow that they are getting another $250.00 bonus for working through the pandemic. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2020, 03:36:29 PM »
I get to tell my employees tomorrow that they are getting another $250.00 bonus for working through the pandemic.

Sweet! Hey boss, you got my new address, right? I'll PM it to you just in case.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2020, 03:51:56 PM »
Better fix my score in your Roulette first. lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: June 16, 2020, 06:19:18 PM »

That's awesome, I hope you get a little something extra too

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2020, 11:32:35 PM »
Got a new drill and a new impact driver delivered by UPS!

Holy fuck! Love the power!

Once I got my impact driver I couldn't believe I had gone so long and completed so many house projects without one.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: June 17, 2020, 06:56:32 AM »
Yeah, I'm in one of those conundrums where I want an impact driver, but I can't find one to fit my old 18 volt Dewalt battery system...and so far I'm unwilling to rebuy all my tools for the newer battery just so I can have an impact driver.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2020, 08:10:48 AM »
It's Friday and I'm picking up my new copy of The Last of Us Part II after work!  :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2020, 10:37:38 AM »
It's Friday and I'm picking up my new copy of The Last of Us Part II after work!  :2metal:

:metal I blame Assassin's Creed Odyssey for keeping me from finishing TLOU. I've had that since Christmas and I'm still at the beginning. I can't justify picking up TLOU 2 quite yet, especially with Ghost of Tsushima around the corner, so hopefully by the time I finish TLOU I'll be able to grab 2 on sale. Just trying to avoid spoilers as much as I can for now!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #169 on: June 19, 2020, 11:18:26 AM »
Yeah, I'm in one of those conundrums where I want an impact driver, but I can't find one to fit my old 18 volt Dewalt battery system...and so far I'm unwilling to rebuy all my tools for the newer battery just so I can have an impact driver.

That is annoying. When I first started out, I only bought corded tools for that reason (and due to my proclivity to leave batteries uncharged and thus unable to be used when I needed them). Then I got tired of navigating extension cords and started anew with cordless. But I can see why starting fresh would be annoying for you.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: June 23, 2020, 10:27:59 AM »
Finally started learning how to play chess. Technically started a few nights ago, but whatever. Only took me 29 years. Was always intimidated to learn in person 'cause even as a kid everyone I knew seemed to know how to play chess and I couldn't even figure out how to move any of the pieces, it was too complicated. So I bought a chess game on my Switch and have been playing a few games each night. I spent a while memorizing how the pieces move, and the automated stuff the game does is a real help with that (highlighting spaces where I can move pieces after selecting them, for example, massive help remembering what they do). At the same time, I have absolutely no idea what to do at the start of the game, or how a game ends. I've had some where the opponent ends with a king and I have plenty of pieces, but I don't really know how to get someone into checkmate. Or even how to get them in check, or what that means. I feel like once I understand that, the game will really open up and I'll become addicted to playing, but yeah, I really need to figure out how to recognize and execute checkmate and what to do at the start of the game.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #171 on: June 23, 2020, 01:31:33 PM »
Finally started learning how to play chess. Technically started a few nights ago, but whatever. Only took me 29 years. Was always intimidated to learn in person 'cause even as a kid everyone I knew seemed to know how to play chess and I couldn't even figure out how to move any of the pieces, it was too complicated. So I bought a chess game on my Switch and have been playing a few games each night. I spent a while memorizing how the pieces move, and the automated stuff the game does is a real help with that (highlighting spaces where I can move pieces after selecting them, for example, massive help remembering what they do). At the same time, I have absolutely no idea what to do at the start of the game, or how a game ends. I've had some where the opponent ends with a king and I have plenty of pieces, but I don't really know how to get someone into checkmate. Or even how to get them in check, or what that means. I feel like once I understand that, the game will really open up and I'll become addicted to playing, but yeah, I really need to figure out how to recognize and execute checkmate and what to do at the start of the game.

The most common strategy for chess is to control the center of the board until you are ready to go in for the kill. There are some standard opening moves (primarily for white) that make this strategy easier (which all have their different standard defenses for black). Opening moves typically focus on the two center pawns, both knights and variations on the bishops (with emphasis on King's Bishop). It's pretty easy to Google these standard openings.

Check is simply putting your opponent's King in direct threat of being captured on the next move. Checkmate is having your opponent in Check with nowhere else to go to escape Check.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #172 on: June 23, 2020, 03:08:10 PM »
What made me happy today?  Watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L95cNBEfi5I

Enjoy everyone!  It's nice to see something heart warming and innocent in a time of disease and chaos  :)
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: June 23, 2020, 04:11:18 PM »
Nobody checks king in a corner!

Oh, it's corny but it sounded funny on paper.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #174 on: June 23, 2020, 05:17:36 PM »
At the same time, I have absolutely no idea what to do at the start of the game, or how a game ends.

It ends when you lose, dummy :biggrin:

But actually what Podaar said.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.