Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 96457 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #1050 on: April 20, 2022, 02:01:26 PM »
The Lovely Mrs TAC and I celebrated our 25th Anniversary today.

Nice!  :metal  Congrats Tim!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1051 on: May 06, 2022, 10:46:22 AM »
Happy Friday!  :biggrin:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1052 on: May 15, 2022, 12:18:38 PM »
My autistic son is graduating high school today. It has been a bear of an effort to get him this far. From the school district flat out refusing help to them bending over backwards after we forced them to do their job by going through all the proper channels and forcing their hand.

He is miserable that he has to go to his graduation ceremony. I guess all of his friends bowed out and just aren't attending. He's only doing this to appease my wife. He is a momma's boy and will do anything for her happiness.

I honestly don't expect him to go much further, but if he does, great. We are living under the impression that he will stay with us for most of his life and we are okay with that. Outside of school, he's not much to take care of. Now that this hurdle is over we can rest.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1053 on: May 15, 2022, 01:05:25 PM »
My autistic son is graduating high school today. It has been a bear of an effort to get him this far. From the school district flat out refusing help to them bending over backwards after we forced them to do their job by going through all the proper channels and forcing their hand.

He is miserable that he has to go to his graduation ceremony. I guess all of his friends bowed out and just aren't attending. He's only doing this to appease my wife. He is a momma's boy and will do anything for her happiness.

I honestly don't expect him to go much further, but if he does, great. We are living under the impression that he will stay with us for most of his life and we are okay with that. Outside of school, he's not much to take care of. Now that this hurdle is over we can rest.

That's a great achievement for your family. I can personally relate.

Why did the other kids decide not to go to graduation?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1054 on: May 15, 2022, 04:20:21 PM »

That's fantastic mate. 
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1055 on: May 15, 2022, 04:27:38 PM »

Wonderful news! Very cool!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1056 on: May 15, 2022, 04:41:25 PM »

Congrats to your son  :yarr

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1057 on: May 15, 2022, 05:30:33 PM »

That's a great achievement for your family. I can personally relate.

Why did the other kids decide not to go to graduation?

I guess they just 'didn't want to'. As much I hated school myself, I found that baffling. My wife was in tears as he got his diploma and gave him a huge hug and burst out again after he came out to meet us after. It does feel like a weight has been lifted off of us.

We're kicking back with a pizza party and following it up with the chocolate cake from Portillo's. If you know, you know.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1058 on: May 15, 2022, 05:37:02 PM »
Hey congratulations.  That's a job well done.  There are not many better feelings to have than pride in your child.   :tup
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1059 on: May 15, 2022, 07:45:11 PM »
Very happy for all the Peart's!

:happydance:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1060 on: May 15, 2022, 08:37:40 PM »
My wife teaches kids with special needs grades 1-3. She nearly always has lost track of them by the time they get to high school. I will share with her your post, it will make her day.

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1061 on: May 17, 2022, 07:45:11 AM »

Pretty awesome to read that.  Congratulations!!

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1062 on: May 18, 2022, 11:25:36 AM »
It's a small thing but... Called our ISP this morning to ask for a lower rate as we were thinking about switching to another provider (TMobile home Internet).

Woman was super friendly and flat out said "I'm technically supposed to go through a script about how we're superior blah blah but I'm not going to subject you to that" and wound up knocking $25 off our bill. I've never had something like that be that easy :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1063 on: May 19, 2022, 02:13:56 PM »
MEXICAN PIZZA IS BACK!!!  :metal :metal :metal :metal
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1064 on: May 19, 2022, 02:30:58 PM »
My company did so well in the 1st month of the year, our owner gave all the hourly employees( My employees) a $350.00,  25,000 employees got this.  That's a hell of a company right there.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #1065 on: May 19, 2022, 02:53:42 PM »
Tomorrow is last day of work then I am off until next Monday. Sunday morning we are heading to the Adirondacks for the week. Finally after 3 years cause of covid. Staying in a cabin just outside of Lake Placid. Will be my 7th time going. Love mountains and these are the closest mountains I can drive to in a day. (the only ones actually, being in southern Ontario Canada). Love it there. Can't wait to do some hiking.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1066 on: May 21, 2022, 02:05:09 PM »
Picked up an extra shift today. Technically my 2nd extra shift (putting me at 60+ hours this week). Came in to find out that they forgot to actually roster me, even though I'm on the schedule, meaning there's not a route or anything for me. Usually that means. Getting sent home after 4 hours (state law since I was technically scheduled) and I'd just sit around bored...  But instead I got to drive out and play Driver Trainer for a day and check on / shadow a new guy... And turns out he is former FedEx and has no issues. I thought it would be a headache. And now since I'm an hour away from the station... I'm going to spend time just hopping around and helping other drivers. Meaning an easy ass day, with AC, no itinerary of my own to stress over, and it's PURE overtime.  Hell yea
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1067 on: May 21, 2022, 05:38:22 PM »
I spent the day with my family today.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1068 on: May 21, 2022, 05:45:00 PM »
The best Tim.

Lisa has sinus issues and I got the booster shot so we crashed today at home.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1069 on: May 21, 2022, 09:02:58 PM »
I spent the day with my family today.

Friday night my wife went out with friends, so me and the kids got take-out and watched Harry Potter. She always thanks me for giving her the opportunity to see her friends. I tell her being with the kids is not a chore or a favor. I'd rather be with them than anywhere else.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1070 on: May 22, 2022, 09:09:04 AM »
Nice!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1071 on: May 24, 2022, 04:38:16 AM »
Finding out my best friend got a nice promotion and raise.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1072 on: May 24, 2022, 05:32:09 AM »
Finding out my best friend got a nice promotion and raise.

Seconded.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1073 on: May 26, 2022, 08:17:44 AM »
I’m a brand new grandpa today! My son and his wife had a beautiful little girl this morning at 5am Pacific/8am Eastern!
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1074 on: May 26, 2022, 08:19:07 AM »
Congratulations Gramps!!!

Jammingramps!!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 08:26:04 AM by TAC »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1075 on: May 26, 2022, 08:22:43 AM »
Congrats!!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1076 on: May 26, 2022, 08:28:21 AM »
That's awesome congratulations

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1077 on: May 26, 2022, 08:33:07 AM »
I’m a brand new grandpa today! My son and his wife had a beautiful little girl this morning at 5am Pacific/8am Eastern!

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1078 on: May 26, 2022, 08:47:30 AM »
Congratulations Gramps!!!

Jammingramps!!

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1079 on: May 26, 2022, 09:33:24 AM »
Congrampulations!
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1080 on: May 26, 2022, 10:15:13 AM »
After 2 days of diagnosis and troubleshooting, where we could barely break below 5 mbar in pressure, we finally found a leak and pumped down a new high vacuum system into the 1e-6 mbar range.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1081 on: May 26, 2022, 10:17:05 AM »
Thanks to all of you!

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1082 on: May 26, 2022, 10:21:23 AM »

Missed this! Congrats! :D
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1083 on: May 26, 2022, 10:47:55 AM »
After 2 days of diagnosis and troubleshooting, where we could barely break below 5 mbar in pressure, we finally found a leak and pumped down a new high vacuum system into the 1e-6 mbar range.

Congrats to both of you!
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1084 on: May 26, 2022, 12:40:16 PM »

That's so cool! Congrats my good man! You're gonna be (if you're not already) a world class grandpa.
fanticide.bandcamp.com