Author Topic: October 5th - Raleigh NC  (Read 1744 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
October 5th - Raleigh NC
« on: September 19, 2019, 11:51:32 AM »
Who's with me?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: October 5th - Raleigh NC
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 12:44:03 PM »
I'm with you!

Oh, but if you were asking who will be there, then, sadly, not me.  :(
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 02:13:54 PM »
That's too bad.  I could have shown you the sights.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Victimlas

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 08:39:36 AM »
DT USA is having a preshow meetup at The Pit from 3-5pm. We are having a trivia contest with grand prizes, including a DOT orange vinyl. Hope to see you all there! :)

https://www.facebook.com/events/627912347616509/

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 11:44:12 AM »
DT USA is having a preshow meetup at The Pit from 3-5pm. We are having a trivia contest with grand prizes, including a DOT orange vinyl. Hope to see you all there! :)

https://www.facebook.com/events/627912347616509/
Well, you'll definitely see ME there.  :biggrin:

Offline Victimlas

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 11:57:48 AM »

Looking forward to it  :tup

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 12:05:08 AM »

Looking forward to it  :tup

Wish I could be in Raleigh.  Also wish you could make it back up to Baltimore the night before, and see Nicholas and me 'relaxing' ;)
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Victimlas

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 09:24:26 AM »
Wish I could be in Raleigh.  Also wish you could make it back up to Baltimore the night before, and see Nicholas and me 'relaxing' ;)

I know! We need to have a reunion show. Have an awesome time in Baltimore!  :metal

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2019, 10:39:41 PM »
12th DT show. My dad surprised me with tickets the day of. Really good show. Wasn't one of James' best nights but, as a [amateur] singer, I get it. Untethered was particularly hard for him. He did get a little better during SFAM.

Strict about no video. The only bit of video I attempted to film was the end of Finally Free and I got a warning. Oh well.
Overall, fun experience. Good show.
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2019, 06:24:00 AM »
I was disappointed to miss this one, especially because I was actually in the same building as where the concert was taking place... Let me explain. A few months ago, Mrs. TOX bought us tickets to go see the NC Symphony perform live video game music. I later realized that the show was taking place on the same night as the Dream Theater concert and in the smaller theater of the same performance hall. So I actually walked past the DT merchandise stand and everything. :lol

Bummed I won't get to see SFAM live, but I hope it was a great show for those who could attend. :metal
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 08:00:41 AM »
Heck of a show! As noted, it wasn't James's strongest performance, but he was still pretty good.  SFAM live is always good, and the new closer (not mentioning in case I spoil it for anyone that doesn't want to know) for this leg was fantastic.

I actually wasn't planning to ask anyone about aftershow passes this time out, but then I went to a fan club meetup and won passes for me and my kids in a trivia contest, so that was cool.

As usual, the guys were super friendly.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2019, 08:33:49 AM »
Thanks for the recap, Hef! Hope to see you again one day at one of these NC shows, especially since they are now a regular thing. :coolio
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2019, 11:34:26 AM »
Thanks for the recap, Hef! Hope to see you again one day at one of these NC shows, especially since they are now a regular thing. :coolio
Indeed!