Author Topic: Reno - November 1  (Read 2057 times)

Offline geeeemo

Reno - November 1
« on: September 14, 2019, 08:44:03 AM »
I will be hosting the Dream Theater USA official pre-show meet up in Reno. Let's get to know one another, eat, drink and there will be a trivia contest with some great prizes!
https://www.facebook.com/events/497383141046023/?ti=as:metal

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Reno - November 1
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 03:16:42 PM »
Is that inside the Grand Sierra? 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 03:34:43 PM »
yes! easy peasy  :) Will you be coming??

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 03:46:52 PM »
I believe so, yes. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 08:07:05 PM »
 :)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 07:57:01 PM »
You didn't text me!

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 09:17:37 AM »
What? At 7 I did. You were eating. Then we met before the show.....I am confused. No matter.. That was the best concert day ever. The meet up beforehand was so.much.fun. There were 4 "Daves", 3 women and 3 sons and 12 people. 3 of the guys had seen DT like 7 times this leg!! None were from Reno.   :-\. I was able to get my banner from the preshow signed and the drum head of course. One of the guys at the preshow hadnt been to but a couple of concerts and made a comment about how cool the banner was. I found him after the VIP and gave him the banner and drum head. That was a highlight for me.
The after show was fun, kind of awkward, but fun! James is the best!! John Myung was quite chatty but I really had to lean in to hear him. Next time I will stay longer to wait for MM.

The show was of course great! Nothing beats Scenes. I wonder if James was under the weather, usually he comes to the sides of the stage quite a bit but didn't really at all...The show seemed less loud than I expected. This is good for the ears I know...but some times you just want to blast it. :metal.  I can't wait until the next one!...I hope they come back to Reno. It was a little soft in attendance..even so, it will probably be 3 more years before they do and we/me/they are going to be really getting up there in years! I am a little sad thinking this could be the high point of my DT concert experience and its behind me. Lol! 

I am so happy we were able to meet! Hopefully we will have more time at the next concert!  :)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2019, 02:59:53 PM »
I posted that before I got your text, just in case you happened to see the post before the show.  It was good to meet you and to hang out and chat a little bit.  Wanted to talk more afterward, but you were very busy with your duties.  Seems like you did a great job and everybody was happy.  Nicely done!  :tup

Oh, and I don't think Mangini came out.  We were talking a lot with Myung and LaBrie (and his daughter, Chloe), and then Maddie, for awhile toward the end, and then you were gone.  I left when there were still a few people, but pretty sure he wasn't coming out by that point.  I think he was meeting some other people, actually.

Offline Blazinarps

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2020, 11:48:39 AM »
I'm going to be moving to reno from detroit shortly, does dream theater normally play reno each tour?

Or Sacramento is close enough?

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2020, 09:34:53 AM »
Since I discovered DT 4 years ago, they have been here 2x.  Once for The Astonishing and then for D/T.  They seem to hit the bay area every time. It's an easy drive from here - 4 hours - and lovely aside from the traffic in CA.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 10:39:19 AM »
Those two Reno shows are the only ones in recent memory.  And they haven't played Sacramento for ages.  Usually, their only N. Cal. stops are in the Bay Area.  But I am hoping the Reno trend continues.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2020, 11:46:03 AM »
Those two Reno shows are the only ones in recent memory.  And they haven't played Sacramento for ages.  Usually, their only N. Cal. stops are in the Bay Area.  But I am hoping the Reno trend continues.

:yarr

Offline powpig

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2020, 05:14:31 PM »
Way late to the party here.  The DT show on The Astonishing tour was their 1st appearance in Reno since the Awake tour and was their only club show (at the long gone Delmar Station) on that whole run, the rest were in theaters.  I sure hope they come back but there were a lot of empty seats at the GSR last fall.