Author Topic: LTE 3??? I am confused  (Read 5531 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: LTE 3??? I am confused
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2019, 05:19:27 PM »
If this is true I imagine that their friendship it's over, come on, MP was the one putting this project together.

You imagine so, but I hope they are such strong human beings that something like this won't affect them for the rest of their lives. MP put DT together but that didn't stop them moving on without him in that band.

In that case MP wanted to move on. In this case, LTE case, we haven't heard ANYTHING similar, in fact, we DO have heard him (MP) said that he would be up for a new LTE.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2019, 07:50:20 PM »
This is totally happening.  Mike mentioned it to me last time I saw him.

Not to complicate matters, but you didn't specify which Mike.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2019, 12:14:38 PM »
This is totally happening.  Mike mentioned it to me last time I saw him.

Not to complicate matters, but you didn't specify which Mike.
True.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2019, 12:26:23 PM »
Mike Myers?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline bill1971

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2019, 12:38:45 PM »
Mike Myers?

Which Mike Myers?

Star of Wayne's World
Butcher of Haddonfield ?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2019, 01:21:28 PM »
Mike Myers?

Which Mike Myers?

Star of Wayne's World
Butcher of Haddonfield ?
True.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline gborland

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2019, 02:16:55 PM »
Last time I met Mike Portnoy he assured me there would definitely be another LTE album.
Graham Borland

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2019, 03:50:22 PM »
Last time I met Mike Portnoy he assured me there would definitely be another LTE album.

JP said he has material for another solo album but no time to do it. I am sure they might want to team up for another LTE album and/or shows, but finding the time for it might be the issue.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline pg1067

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2019, 04:21:19 PM »

JP said he has material for another solo album but no time to do it. I am sure they might want to team up for another LTE album and/or shows, but finding the time for it might be the issue.

"I don't have the time for it" simply means he has other things that are more important to him.  If JP wants to do another solo or LTE album, he certainly has the ability to put DT on hold for the few months it would take to do those things (once DT's current touring obligations are done).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2019, 04:24:04 PM »
Adding to the time frame of LTE3 happening, I'm pretty sure after the European leg in Jan-Feb 2020, an Asian leg is going to follow. So at the earliest, it looks like it's probably mid-2020 when they can get together and write/record new material or tour.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2019, 04:30:53 PM »
Since some people aren't getting the obvious sarcasm/joking, let me be clear:  There is no news of an LTE 3 from either Dream Theater or Mike Portnoy. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2019, 04:39:45 PM »
What about Mike Mangini?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2019, 05:16:01 PM »
Do you think he'll play Acid Rain just like MP, or do you think he'll add some new twists?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gborland

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2019, 01:23:37 AM »

This was around 1998 IIRC.  ;D
Graham Borland

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2019, 05:07:34 AM »
Since some people aren't getting the obvious sarcasm/joking, let me be clear:  There is no news of an LTE 3 from either Dream Theater or Mike Portnoy.
Do you think there's any chance for it to happen even though there's no news? It seems that the only uninterested party is Levin, and I love him, but the appeal of LTE is in seeing MP, JR and JP together. They're all pressed for time, sure, but I figure it's going to happen in the next five years.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline pg1067

« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2019, 10:11:43 AM »
What about Mike Mangini?

What about Mike Brady?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2019, 10:14:27 AM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2019, 10:31:11 AM »