Author Topic: LTE 3??? I am confused  (Read 5529 times)

Offline bill1971

LTE 3??? I am confused
« on: September 11, 2019, 04:55:44 PM »
So I saw this post on Twitter. Is this true at all? Also I would think it would be MP and not MM. has anyone heard about this?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Alan Harrington
@har15150860
Sooo where one door shuts another opens, I join John Petrucci, Jordan Rudess, Mike Mangini for Liquid Tension experiment 3, next February after Dream Theater stops touring, Real friends like John plus my sister look after me

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: LTE 3??? I am confused
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 05:04:33 PM »
Who is Alan Harrington?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bill1971

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 05:09:55 PM »
Who is Alan Harrington?

I have no idea. I was searching for Mike Mangini and that came up.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 05:10:12 PM »
Post in question...would not trust it.

Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline bill1971

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 05:31:37 PM »
Post in question...would not trust it.

Thank you, I lacked the tech knowledge to do that. :)

Offline pg1067

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 06:19:37 PM »
Seems pretty obviously to be nonsense for a bunch of reasons, including, but not limited to, the mention of MM rather than MP.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline 425

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 06:21:42 PM »
Yeah, no offense, but why would you put any stock at all in something that some guy, who you have never even heard of and doesn't have a verified account, says on Twitter? Anyone can open a Twitter account and tweet whatever they want.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline bill1971

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 07:35:30 PM »
No offense taken it's a very fair question. It just seems so innocuous and not trying to get attention that it seemed like a leak someone put by mistake.
Since I really had no other way to verify I trust you guys so I figure I bring it here

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 07:48:11 PM »
Who is Alan Harrington?

Apparently he's a sci fi author who is almost 90 years old... weird.

I wish this were true.  That would be the most awesome news since DT's last album was announced.
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 08:30:57 PM »
Who is Alan Harrington?

I wish this were true.  That would be the most awesome news since DT's last album was announced.

Different person. This guy is probably around 50 based on his pictures. He has a pictured with JP on his Twitter.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 08:31:56 PM »
Any pictures of his sister? :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2019, 09:10:25 PM »
Who is Alan Harrington?

Different person. This guy is probably around 50 based on his pictures. He has a pictured with JP on his Twitter.

Yeah, I know.  But the sci fi author was the only person that showed up using a google search of his name.  So I thought maybe this guy was a fan of the author and used his name.
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2019, 09:32:03 PM »
lolwut
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline PetFish

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2019, 12:18:15 AM »

Offline krands85

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2019, 05:22:58 AM »
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2019, 10:26:07 AM »
No offense taken it's a very fair question. It just seems so innocuous and not trying to get attention that it seemed like a leak someone put by mistake.
Since I really had no other way to verify I trust you guys so I figure I bring it here

If MP didn't post it, that's verification enough that it isn't true.  Especially if MM was mentioned.  Not sure where the confusion comes from.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline pg1067

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2019, 10:32:50 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Harrington

"Alan Charles Harrington (born 17 November 1933) is a Welsh former professional footballer and Wales international.  Harrington played his entire professional career at Cardiff City where he is regarded as one of the club's all-time greats." (I assume there's a typo in that first sentence)
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bill1971

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2019, 10:53:44 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Harrington

"Alan Charles Harrington (born 17 November 1933) is a Welsh former professional footballer and Wales international.  Harrington played his entire professional career at Cardiff City where he is regarded as one of the club's all-time greats." (I assume there's a typo in that first sentence)

Also on that page

He was forced to retire from playing after suffering a second broken leg during a 1-1 against Leyton Orient in January 1966. In later years, Harrington managed Barry Town, steering them to the Welsh Football League championship in 1982-83.

In November 2007 he was awarded an FAW merit award.[2]

On February 2020 part of Liquid Tension Experiment 3 with John Petrucci, Jordan Rudess and Mike Mangini

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2019, 11:14:31 AM »
Must be related to Joey Kadura.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2019, 11:57:43 AM »
Well...you're not denying it...or locking the thread to try and quash the discussion until something "official" is announced...

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2019, 12:03:50 PM »
:lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2019, 12:55:33 PM »
Any pictures of his sister? :lol

:lol  His sister takes care of him!  Pics or it didn't happen...
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2019, 09:59:17 AM »
So is out of the realm of possibility that the 3rd version of LTE could have 2 drummers?

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2019, 10:33:41 AM »
So is out of the realm of possibility that the 3rd version of LTE could have 2 drummers?

Mike Portnoy rejoins a project he created and he has to share the drum stool with the guy that replaced him in DT? no way in prog hell.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline bill1971

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2019, 12:07:32 PM »

Mike Portnoy rejoins a project he created and he has to share the drum stool with the guy that replaced him in DT? no way in prog hell.

Bill Bruford and Alan White shared the stage on the Union tour.

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2019, 12:13:06 PM »
Portnoy's ego is way too big to handle having to share the stage with another drummer, especially (as has already been said) the guy who replaced him in DT.

Offline 425

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2019, 01:32:20 PM »
I've got to say, as a general thing, I personally think it's unlikely that there will ever be another LTE album. That project is pretty ancient now, MP is extremely busy, there doesn't seem to be an abundance of interest from JP and JR, and Tony Levin is 73 now. I don't really see any reason to expect anything to happen on that front.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2019, 03:33:27 PM »
Uh...it's a joke thread.   :justjen
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline bill1971

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2019, 03:46:27 PM »

It wasn't intended to be one. I saw a tweet, it seemed odd so I presented it here to see if there was any merit to it. I know people here are very knowledgeable about DT and have a good BS meter.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2019, 06:52:12 PM »

It wasn't intended to be one. I saw a tweet, it seemed odd so I presented it here to see if there was any merit to it. I know people here are very knowledgeable about DT and have a good BS meter.

This guy write for Alternative Nation?

For those keeping score, the record label did release "Liquid Trio Experiment" against the band's wishes when John became a dad.  But I kind of consider that one more 2.5 than 3.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2019, 10:43:24 AM »
If this is true I imagine that their friendship it's over, come on, MP was the one putting this project together.

Offline bill1971

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2019, 08:28:17 PM »

This guy write for Alternative Nation?

For those keeping score, the record label did release "Liquid Trio Experiment" against the band's wishes when John became a dad.  But I kind of consider that one more 2.5 than 3.

The tweet guy or me?

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2019, 04:14:22 AM »
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2019, 09:31:11 AM »
This is totally happening.  Mike mentioned it to me last time I saw him.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2019, 02:59:04 PM »
If this is true I imagine that their friendship it's over, come on, MP was the one putting this project together.

You imagine so, but I hope they are such strong human beings that something like this won't affect them for the rest of their lives. MP put DT together but that didn't stop them moving on without him in that band.