Author Topic: Your concerts for 2020  (Read 6916 times)

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Your concerts for 2020
« Reply #140 on: June 28, 2020, 01:45:32 PM »
The Pineapple Thief was going to play in Stockholm in November..... resceduled to March 23rd.....        2022

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2020, 09:00:49 AM »
Citizens Bank Park (where the Phillys play) looks like they are opening up the parking lot to a series of drive in concerts in August... and there's one I might be interested in going to.  I need my live music fix and I'm intrigued as to how this works out, but I'm like 90% sure I want to go at this point.

So after wiping my entire 2020 concert schedule, I am tentatively adding one!  :metal :metal (even though this music is not metal at all)

August 19th - AJR @ Citizens Bank Park Parking Lot Drive In, Philadelphia PA

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2020, 10:39:32 AM »
This thread hasn't aged well at all :lol

I'm still hoping to see something before the year ends, but I'm not counting on it. No concert plans for this year on the horizon so far. Basically the whole 2020 is apparently postponed.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2020, 10:42:47 AM »
Yea, this thread is depressing.  I didn't expect to see another show in 2020 and while it's not my favorite band or anything, I'm actually excited to maybe see a live performance from a national touring artist again, even if it is from my car (I have no idea how this actually works out), but my car does have a moon roof so maybe I can stand on the seat and stick my head out  :lol

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2020, 01:00:15 PM »
I wanted to experience one of those drive-in shows and there was one at the National City Grove of Anaheim parking lot (which is next to Angels Stadium) a few weeks back.  Tickets for a parking spot was $200.00 though.  It was for Andrew McMahon and the Wilderness.  Not really the kind of thing you want to go alone in terms of getting bang for your buck.  That's for certain.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2020, 01:02:15 PM »
At least that's an option if anyone wants to. I think we have a few similar events next months for some local well-known artists but hey, I don't own a car. :)
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2020, 01:21:45 PM »
I wanted to experience one of those drive-in shows and there was one at the National City Grove of Anaheim parking lot (which is next to Angels Stadium) a few weeks back.  Tickets for a parking spot was $200.00 though.  It was for Andrew McMahon and the Wilderness.  Not really the kind of thing you want to go alone in terms of getting bang for your buck.  That's for certain.

Yea, so I found the presale code and the GA back lot is 150 before fees and the front lot is 200.  A bit expensive for a single person, but the idea is you can have 4 people in the car.  So the math is actually quite a bit cheaper than the single ticket I bought to see them last year if you got four people in on it.  If I go, I'll be going with my girl so between the two of us, it's not the most expensive show.  I'm definitely curious for the experience, plus just the itch to really want to see a live show.  At this point, I'm leaning towards going still even with the price tag.  Might hot box my car too  :hat  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2020, 10:15:56 AM »
So after wiping my entire 2020 concert schedule, I am tentatively adding one!  :metal :metal (even though this music is not metal at all)

August 19th - AJR @ Citizens Bank Park Parking Lot Drive In, Philadelphia PA

So that concert sold out right away and I wasn't paying second hand prices for that, I was only borderline wanting to go anyway.

But I spent a good amount of time yesterday planning my vacation in a couple weeks and pulled the trigger on buying this drive in concert:

October 2nd - Skillet @ Circle Drive In, Scranton PA

It was pretty expensive but I'm making this my final stop in my road trip through the northeast US (states I'm allowed to travel to and from without quarantining).  I like these type of symbolic moments because while I don't love Skillet, they were the last concert I attended March 10th of 2020.  My last concert moment was shaking all of the band members hands as they walked off stage and the singer saying "later bud" to me.  It only feels right to see them again albeit in a much different scenario.  Since I spent so much already on the ticket, said fuck it, I'll get the merch bundle as well which includes a blanket and signed poster.  I could use a good concert experience right about now, hoping this scratches my concert itch.

Offline ShadowWalker

« Reply #148 on: September 18, 2020, 08:15:16 AM »
Well, I did watch my first livestreamed concert last week (MindMaze) and I am still on the fence about buying tix to the livestream of Morsefest and the upcoming Armored Saint livestream. Does that count?

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #149 on: September 18, 2020, 08:21:17 AM »
It does!

I caught a lot of livestreams. The CM Isolation festival, Green Carnation, the two Sonata Arctica shows, one Amorphis show, Insomnium's Winter's Gate + oldies, and then Evergrey. Looking forward to the next Insomnium stream on Oct 10 and catching the remaining Enslaved ones.

Enslaved is also playing a limited show in Oslo in November, but I have a feeling the pandemic is going to be absolutely raging again by then.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2020, 12:59:36 PM »
206 days later, I finally saw another concert!   :metal :metal

A drive in concert in PA.  My last night of my epic northeast US roadtrip vacation.  Weather was perfect, a bit cold, but not a cloud and the venue was on the side of a mountain with the stage on an incline (so everyone had a view, albeit far away) and the back of us was facing the city of Scranton in the valley below.  The moon was full the night before, but you might have just assumed it was a full one for the concert, super bright with a red/orangish Mars very bright right next to the moon.  I think the setting worked really well here.  It was rain or shine event, if it rained, I don't know how I'd feel about the whole experience.  They do a quick check of your entire car before scanning your ticket.  Open trunk, I had a suitcase so she opened it and looked in, but not deeply.  I brought lots of bottles of water and some snacks, no questions asked.  Probably could have snuck in anything you wanted really, I'd have snuck in booze if someone else was driving  :yarr Anyway, the sound wasn't the greatest.  Not loud enough for my liking, they had the option to tune to a radio station, but that also was not loud and really seemed to only make sense if you were going to watch from inside the car with the windows shut (like maybe if it were pouring?).  Anyway, you had about two parking spots of space for your car and the area where you were allowed to chill by your car.  In the middle of the lot was concessions, bathrooms, and merch which you could freely walk around, just needed to have a mask on.  It was all handled well, getting in and out was simple.  The whole idea of a drive in concert seemed dumb to me when the idea popped up when the pandemic started, but I can say, I would do this again.  Even moreso if you could fill a car up with friends to make the most of it.  The worst part is the ticket price per car makes it quite expensive for a single person.  But I already dumped so much money into the ticket, and because I had my car, I figured I'd splurge a little more for the merch bundle and I can safely store it in the car (not hold onto it all concert).  Also, being with a car.  I brought a tripod, set it up with my camera and recorded the entire show.  Something I've never done before because you can't bring tripods into shows.  I think this method totally puts an end to the idea of "you can't enjoy a concert if you are filming it" because I just stood next to it on the tripod and rocked out while letting it record.   :metal :metal As for the performance, you can see for yourself:

Skillet LIVE @ Circle Drive In Scranton PA 10/2/2020 FULL CONCERT

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2020, 01:03:05 PM »
206 days later, I finally saw another concert!   :metal :metal

Nice!  :metal I'm happy for you and anyone else who gets one.

Your precise number made me curious about checking my dates. Sadly, I beat you, but shortly. I went 218 days without a concert.

Have they told me in 2019 "Next year you'll spend 218 days without a concert", I would have figured myself in an accident with both my legs broken. I would have not been able to imagine anything else keeping me from live music that long.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2020, 01:07:13 PM »
 :lol yea seriously, especially considering it was shaping up to be another record breaking amount of concerts for me this year

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2021, 11:39:34 AM »
Well, we all know 2020 sucked and there's not much to say about concerts or even worth opening a concerts for 2021 thread...

But I did review the 10 concerts I did see in 2020 and made this top 5 concert moments of 2020 video if anyone is interested:

Cramx3's top 5 concert moments of 2020

and even further, I was messing around with this idea and figured why not... so I streamed the making of this video (well, most of it, I started a few days before I decided to stream it). 

The making of cramx3's top 5 concert moments of 2020