Author Topic: The Countdown Has Begun - European Tour Dates CONFIRMED!  (Read 12210 times)

Offline gborland

Re: The Countdown Has Begun
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2019, 10:44:18 AM »
Presumably their last UK dates didn't sell too well and the promoters aren't willing to take the chance.

Looking at the Glasgow ticket prices, they'd be lucky to fill the toilet let alone the entire venue. £77 for a "Tier 1" ticket. Fuck me.
Graham Borland

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline krands85

« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2019, 10:59:33 AM »
Presumably their last UK dates didn't sell too well and the promoters aren't willing to take the chance.

Looking at the Glasgow ticket prices, they'd be lucky to fill the toilet let alone the entire venue. £77 for a "Tier 1" ticket. Fuck me.
Yeah, that's pretty steep. I got a second row seat for the I&W and Beyond show for £59 including fees/delivery. This will probably be the first UK tour I'll give a miss since the first time I saw them in 2009, unless they make some changes to the set and put Octavarium in there or something.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
Re: The Countdown Has Begun - European Tour Dates CONFIRMED!
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2019, 12:38:48 PM »
£89.65 for Hammersmith! And you can bet your arse that will double by the time they've added booking fees, etc.

Do they think we're made of money? Maybe their US fans can afford to pay that, but this is Brexit Britain!
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2019, 12:48:32 PM »

They usually do Manchester at least. They’ve done the same venue for every tour from TOT onwards and always get a big crowd there. Can’t confirm if it’s a total sell out but certainly seems pretty full every time. Don’t know if I can do London this time. I did for The Astonishing as it was the only U.K. date and was the opening show so a pretty historic show and all stuff I’d never seen before. This time I have seen SFAM live in it’s entirety before and, while I’d still definitely go to Manchester, I’m not sure if I want to do London with all the additional expense of an overnight stay and a day off work multiple meals out etc.

Can’t believe I’m actually considering missing this tour when I love the new album and would totally love to see SFAM again.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2019, 01:20:56 PM »
I know I've strongly hinted that SFAM would be played in its entirety in Europe (because they wouldn't let me actually SAY it outright), so I'm glad for the official announcement to remove any doubt.  The band is really looking forward to playing this for you guys in Europe.  As for the rest of the set, I do not know whether you will be getting the exact sets from the first U.S. leg or the slightly modified set they are going to be doing this time around.  But either way, it's gonna be good!  :metal
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2019, 01:40:47 PM »
Wasn't the plan all along was to do the SFAM thing in Europe? I thought the band had stated that already?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2019, 01:49:41 PM »
Well, there was some "confusion" because of how some promoters in Europe handled the summer shows.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2019, 02:08:53 PM »
I know I've strongly hinted that SFAM would be played in its entirety in Europe (because they wouldn't let me actually SAY it outright), so I'm glad for the official announcement to remove any doubt.  The band is really looking forward to playing this for you guys in Europe.  As for the rest of the set, I do not know whether you will be getting the exact sets from the first U.S. leg or the slightly modified set they are going to be doing this time around.  But either way, it's gonna be good!  :metal

Are these absolutely all dates for the tour or is it possible that any other dates will be added? The "festival" tour had a few countries that aren't listed for the upcoming SFAM tour (not only Russia although obviously that's the main reason I'm asking, but also countries like Greece and Bulgaria).
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2019, 02:21:27 PM »
That I don't know.  I'll see what I can find out.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2019, 02:35:39 PM »
Appreciate it. :tup
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline jcmoorehead

« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2019, 02:39:55 AM »
Well it was a bit more than I expected to pay but I got myself a ticket for Glasgow. Came to just under £80 after the additional fees. Definitely a lot but I really don't want to miss out on seeing SFAM performed in its entirety.

Offline gborland

« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2019, 02:45:28 AM »
Well it was a bit more than I expected to pay but I got myself a ticket for Glasgow.

Where did you order tickets from? I can't find them on sale anywhere at the moment.
Graham Borland

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2019, 02:56:42 AM »
Preorder for Sweden opened today for those who get the Triffid & Danger newsletter.

Scored tickets on row 5....

Damn expensive though..... 1055 SEK

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2019, 03:50:50 AM »

They usually do Manchester at least. They’ve done the same venue for every tour from TOT onwards and always get a big crowd there. Can’t confirm if it’s a total sell out but certainly seems pretty full every time. Don’t know if I can do London this time. I did for The Astonishing as it was the only U.K. date and was the opening show so a pretty historic show and all stuff I’d never seen before. This time I have seen SFAM live in it’s entirety before and, while I’d still definitely go to Manchester, I’m not sure if I want to do London with all the additional expense of an overnight stay and a day off work multiple meals out etc.

Can’t believe I’m actually considering missing this tour when I love the new album and would totally love to see SFAM again.

Already starting to weaken on this! My mate has said he’d be up for it so I guess I’ll be trying to get tickets on Monday morning.

Offline jcmoorehead

« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2019, 03:53:33 AM »
Well it was a bit more than I expected to pay but I got myself a ticket for Glasgow.

Where did you order tickets from? I can't find them on sale anywhere at the moment.

I got mine from Eventbrite - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/dream-theater-sec-armadillo-glasgow-tickets-71624740527?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2019, 07:18:20 AM »
I guess JP won't be at NAMM next year then.

And I thought the countdown ended at 6am eastern time? Why did it end early? or is there a super secret announcement tomorrow morning?
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2019, 07:26:04 AM »
I guess JP won't be at NAMM next year then.

It DEFINITELY had to happen the year I finally have the chance to attend the NAMM show :facepalm: :'(

And I thought the countdown ended at 6am eastern time? Why did it end early? or is there a super secret announcement tomorrow morning?

We "cracked" the countdown and it ended earlier, they posted that with the european dates as an Instagram story the other day.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2019, 09:21:41 AM »
That Bandsintown app is one of the worst designed things I've ever seen.

Offline Rushfreek

« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2019, 10:34:02 AM »
Have been told by the Eventim box office, that the disabled tickets already gone!!!!

How?

Offline 3rdday

« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2019, 01:04:00 PM »

I got mine from Eventbrite - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/dream-theater-sec-armadillo-glasgow-tickets-71624740527?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

I'm probably being thick and have missed something, but that asks for a code. Where can the required code be found?

Offline jcmoorehead

« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2019, 01:16:04 AM »

I'm probably being thick and have missed something, but that asks for a code. Where can the required code be found?

Strange, it could possibly be because I used a link in an e-mail because I signed up for pre-sale or something like that, but my understanding is they were on General Sale now :S

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2019, 04:29:14 AM »
Just tried to buy a VIP ticket for Hammersmith - Row D! Might as well get as close to the front as I can. Paypal took my money, then failed to return me to the site to confirm. No confirmation email.
Just emailed customer service to assist, so I'm now in a bubble of uncertainty of not knowing whether the booking is confirmed, or whether they're going to refund the money and I end up all the way at the top of the balcony...

EDIT : sorted, but what a palaver that was! Why do these ticket agencies never just put their customer service number on their website?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 09:49:09 AM by The Curious Orange »

Offline Lowe2005

« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2019, 09:14:54 AM »
the slightly modified set they are going to be doing this time around.
Is this news? I hope they keep ANTR and ITPOE Pt.1 and it would seem odd to chuck such complex songs to learn in the bin so I can only guess that a few changes will be made in terms of DOT material.

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2019, 03:16:48 AM »
I'd happily lose either one of those for Peruvian Skies, Lie or something else from d/t.

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2019, 05:55:18 AM »
Just tried to buy a VIP ticket for Hammersmith - Row D!

Row C, non-VIP here. We were going through security at Heathrow when they went on sale so a friend kindly bought them for us. No idea how he got row C without the additional premium (and, let's be clear, £90 to see DT is insulting, never mind the additional required for VIP. We're lucky we can afford it but it's the principle).
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2019, 06:33:07 AM »
Oh for the good old days of general admission shows when all you had to do to get a good spot was turn up early...

Offline gborland

« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2019, 06:52:47 AM »
Oh for the good old days of general admission shows when all you had to do to get a good spot was turn up early...

Completely agree. I know many people who are very pissed off at this recent all-seated nonsense from DT on the last few tours.

I've been in touch with their promoter about this, and was ignored. One of my friends actually raised this point in person with Petrucci, and was brushed off.

I guess forcing people to sit in allocated seats allows DT to charge these offensively high prices.
Graham Borland

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2019, 04:32:51 PM »
I buckled this morning and got tickets for Hammersmith Apollo, about £70 each including fees. It’s not cheap but similar to what you’d pay for someone like Maiden and they wouldn’t play as long a show. In the end, I couldn’t miss seeing Scenes again 20 years on.

Offline krands85

« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2019, 05:16:57 PM »
I know it's boring complaining about the cost, but I was just looking back at the prices of previous DT shows I've been to.

Prog Nation - Glasgow - 2009 - £33.90
ADTOE tour - Glasgow - 2012 - £36.40
DT12 tour - Manchester - 2014 - £42.50
Astonishing tour - London - 2016 - £64.95 (Ticketmaster)
I&W and Beyond tour - Glasgow - 2017 - £59 (A second ticket for my friend from Ticketmaster was £64.83)

Those were all pretty good seats as well, except Manchester (and Prog Nation which wasn't seated). One was 2nd row and three were row H. Manchester was row X, but still in the stalls.

At least there are cheaper seats further back, but it's crazy that to get a decent seat for Glasgow this time, you have to spend more than DOUBLE what you did for a similar seat at the same venue in 2012.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline jadiggerdt

« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2019, 02:20:06 AM »
Hope there will be some minor changes to the first setlist on the next us and the european tour, I doubt but hopes.  :metal :-\

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2019, 02:41:23 AM »
In Italy (Milan date) prices are:

Parterre (standing, general admission): € 51,75

"Gold" seating and closer ring of seats: € 74,75

More distant ring of seats: € 57,50

Guess I'll just go for the old fashioned way of everyone standing, it's not that the DT crowd is exactly moshpit material....
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline gborland

« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2019, 04:19:19 AM »
At least there are cheaper seats further back, but it's crazy that to get a decent seat for Glasgow this time, you have to spend more than DOUBLE what you did for a similar seat at the same venue in 2012.

Some of that can be explained by the recent crash of the pound. Back in 2012 we were at $1.60, now we're at $1.25, so the same amount in dollars costs us about 30% more in pounds. But yeah, that doesn't explain all of the difference. DT are trying to set themselves up for retirement.
Graham Borland

Offline krands85

« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2019, 05:08:41 AM »

Some of that can be explained by the recent crash of the pound. Back in 2012 we were at $1.60, now we're at $1.25, so the same amount in dollars costs us about 30% more in pounds. But yeah, that doesn't explain all of the difference. DT are trying to set themselves up for retirement.
Good point. Bloody brexit  :P

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2019, 04:48:28 AM »
I know it's boring complaining about the cost, but I was just looking back at the prices of previous DT shows I've been to.

I saw them at Rock City in Nottingham in 1993 and I think it was about £15.