Author Topic: HELP!  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Architeuthis

HELP!
« on: September 04, 2019, 01:18:36 AM »
I'm in a bind here. I got tickets for iron maiden at the Tacoma Dome this Thursday. The problem for me is that the tickets are digital to show on your phone at the venue.  In order for this to work, I had to download the ticketmaster app and the google play app. The thing is, I all of a sudden can't open the ticketmaster app without updating the google play app. I tried to update the google play app and it keeps telling me I need to log in to my account to update. So I tried that several times and it just keeps giving me the run-around. I try to go back to the ticketmaster app and it tells me to do the same thing over and over again but to no avail.
Now I won't be able to access my Maiden tickets unless I get this solved. This is absolutely rediculous! Everything has to be an app, everything has to be digital. Why couldn't they just send me physical tickets in the mail??  That's what I prefer, but they didn't give me that option while purchasing the tickets. 
Now I have to go through this long complicated process to get this ironed out (no pun intended). It should be an easy thing, but noooo, I have to download this and download that and I'm very low on data on my phone.   >:(
Anybody have a clue on how to fix this, or have experienced the same problem.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Lethean

Re: HELP!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 02:05:44 AM »
I don't know if this is much help, but I've had digital tickets from TM before and didn't have to use the app.  It was an option, but I could also display the tickets from a web browser.  Open the ticket from my account or a link in the email and it displayed the QR code.  It sounds like you don't have that option, but thought I'd mention it just in case.  You can also try calling TM and see what they can do.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 07:17:11 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion. Can you call ticketmaster and talk to an actual human? I'll see if that's possible..
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 07:20:54 AM »
If you use iPhone, you might be able to add your tickets to your "Wallet" and access them trough that.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 08:36:58 AM »
I don't know if this is much help, but I've had digital tickets from TM before and didn't have to use the app.  It was an option, but I could also display the tickets from a web browser.  Open the ticket from my account or a link in the email and it displayed the QR code.  It sounds like you don't have that option, but thought I'd mention it just in case.  You can also try calling TM and see what they can do.

I bought two tickets a couple weeks ago for Maiden and they came this way as well.  I actually took a screen shot of the QR code for both tickets, and sent my buddy's ticket to him as a jpeg via text.  We both got in fine. 

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 11:44:45 AM »
You can print the QRs too and show them that, it works on my local cinema at least

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 11:59:05 AM »
I can't stand Digital Tickets.

Eventbrite is doing the ticketing for Flying Colors tomorrow. I have "E Tickets"... but apparently the tickets won't appear in the app until the day of? The venues have the option of PDF tickets, but Ventura Theater doesn't allow it for some reason. I don't like this at all.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 03:03:37 PM »
Just log in to your account at ticketmaster's website, and access the tickets from there.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 11:12:28 AM »
my wife's been lecturing me about this given I don't have a Smart/iPhone.

You should at least be able to Print Out a SCREENCAP of a Receipt and show them at the ticket booth.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 11:17:51 AM »
In my case, I called the venue and they told me to just have my ID ready /shrug
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 12:00:09 PM »
I get that this is a minor thing to most (all?) people, but I save my tickets.   It's so much cooler to have this in my hand:

Than this on my phone:

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2019, 12:46:20 PM »
Agreed Stadler!  I'm hating the digital crap more and more. Btw, I am able to access my tickets by going to the website.  Thanks for your help everyone!  :tup

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2019, 03:54:40 PM »
I thought this was a Beatles' album comment.  Sorry.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2019, 09:06:17 AM »
I can't stand Digital Tickets.

Eventbrite is doing the ticketing for Flying Colors tomorrow. I have "E Tickets"... but apparently the tickets won't appear in the app until the day of? The venues have the option of PDF tickets, but Ventura Theater doesn't allow it for some reason. I don't like this at all.

I went "will call" for Flying Colors. That way I actually have the tickets and can put them with my other tickets.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2019, 09:08:37 AM »
I get that this is a minor thing to most (all?) people, but I save my tickets.   It's so much cooler to have this in my hand:

Than this on my phone:

I save them too, but it's being made more and more difficult.