Author Topic: RAY ALDER – Announces sophomore solo album “II”  (Read 7944 times)

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Re: RAY ALDER – Announces sophomore solo album “II”
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2023, 10:45:09 AM »
Damn good! Loving the Abdow/Alder chemistry.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2023, 11:07:14 AM »
My Oblivion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV9iBr001So

I like this one, pleasant enough imo its got QR Tate sounding parts.. has that Tate solo feel still a bit safe sounding, doesnt knock me out sorta of like a more mellow version of Tates Sweet Oblivion stuff,,, i feel a little old JLT in there also
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 09:20:18 PM by EPICVIEW »
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline WardySI

« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2023, 11:53:11 PM »
Album dropped and as expected really enjoying this one. 

I do feel however it won't top What The Water Wants, only negative being feel the heavier more modern slant of this one has left it lacking as many singalongs perhaps?

But it's cool as and the highlights are of course huge and deary me that voice!  ;D :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2023, 05:25:52 AM »
I spun it at work yesterday and it was pretty nice.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2023, 11:40:07 AM »
I spun it at work yesterday and it was pretty nice.

I spun it last week, and it pretty much made it into instant-purchase territory.  I'm gonna let my love for it settle a bit, and give it another spin just to make sure.  Ray sounds simply magnificent.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2023, 06:45:59 PM »
I gotta say, "Changes" is one of the best songs Ray has done with any band -- Fates Warning, Redemption, Engine, etc. That song is absolutely killer and the vocals are in Ray's sweet spot. I also noticed he sings it without many vocal harmonies -- it's just him singing with raw emotion straight from the gut. And the lyrics. Just wow. So simple, but so powerful. An all-time Alder classic.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 03:20:50 PM by Mebert78 »
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2023, 07:36:17 AM »
Yeah, it is a banger. The whole album is really high quality songwriting. On a side note, more FW related but still, YT played this on its own which I had completely forgotten - FW covering Dio - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXaMFKTgBB0.

And on another side note, it's about high time Arjen gets Ray to sing the main parts of a good Ayroen album.

Offline Awaken

« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2023, 10:50:44 AM »
Really enjoying this album, I was a fan of the debut but this is on another level (IMO).  All of the players on this deserve a ton of credit for writing some great music. 

Ray sounds amazing, he's getting better with age - as much as I loved the early Fate's stuff he was on, I prefer recent-Ray's approach to vocal melodies (lumping in the last two Fate's records, too)

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2023, 11:13:39 AM »
The whole album is pretty good.  :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White