Author Topic: Luna Park iTunes digital file  (Read 1211 times)

Offline PMA

Luna Park iTunes digital file
« on: August 19, 2019, 11:43:47 AM »
I have the Luna Park Blu Ray which is stellar but I also purchased it from the iTunes store at around the same time as when it first came out.  I decided to watch it again a few days ago and noticed that the digital version from iTunes has a audio/video sync issue.  The video lags the actual music by a half second or so (no way to actually time this).  Has anyone else noticed this?  I tried reviving an earlier Luna Park thread but didn't get any responses. 

Offline geeeemo

Re: Luna Park iTunes digital file
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 12:14:19 PM »
I cannot answer that question, but I have been wondering how to stream?  I have the discs, but my card doesn't have a disc player. Not on Spotify
or Amazon prime..

Offline PMA

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 04:15:00 PM »
I cannot answer that question, but I have been wondering how to stream?  I have the discs, but my card doesn't have a disc player. Not on Spotify
or Amazon prime..

I don't know if any of the streaming providers have this.  I didn't see any Dream Theater on Quello and for sure it's not on Netflix or Amazon.

Offline DT1138

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 10:13:45 PM »
I have it on iTunes also.  While I don't have the sync issue, I will say that for whatever reason it is definitely one of the more "stuttery" iTunes movies/concerts/whatever that I have.  I don't know what that is, I even got the SD version and would have expected it to play without any issues.

Maybe there was a general QC issue when they put it on the iTunes servers to begin with?  I don't know for sure, sorry.

Offline PMA

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 04:19:51 PM »
I have it on iTunes also.  While I don't have the sync issue, I will say that for whatever reason it is definitely one of the more "stuttery" iTunes movies/concerts/whatever that I have.  I don't know what that is, I even got the SD version and would have expected it to play without any issues.

Maybe there was a general QC issue when they put it on the iTunes servers to begin with?  I don't know for sure, sorry.

Thanks for your reply.  Since initially posting this, I've learned that the file plays fine on my computer and on a downstairs 4k AppleTV.  It's my upstairs 1080p AppleTV that has this issue.  Apple refunded my money after trying a new download of the file and seeing this occur again.  My suspicion now is that the older AppleTV hardware may have a limitation of some sort that causes this.