Author Topic: The Politics of Dream Theater  (Read 927 times)

Offline The Great Ape

The Politics of Dream Theater
« on: September 18, 2023, 08:15:08 AM »
Election season is ramping up! Can't even watch foosball on the TV anymore without someone in the room trying to start a discussion about how they've got litterboxes in schools these days.

Anway... thought this might be fun... if we can keep it respectful and not argue about politics themselves!

Where do you think each member stands on the political spectrum?

John Petrucci - This is easy, he likes Trump and has said things like "let's give Trump a chance" (not an exact quote). He also wrote the Astonishing which had right wing themes about Government overreach and stuff.

James Labrie - This one is tough. He's a Canadian so I'll be he loves his free healthcare. But so is Jordan Peterson. Also, James wrote "The Alien" after listening to Elon Musk on Rogan, two of the biggest heroes of center-right that exist. JLB obviously can't vote so who cares!

Jordan Rudess - Seems pretty lib and is jewish so I guess it comes down to how much he cares about Israel and/or buys into the fact that the libs are trying to destroy it. Kinda unsure about this but I'm gonna say Jordan is a lib.

Mark Mangini - Is from Boston and kinda gives off Beta vibes. Not in a bad way or anything but I'd say he seems like he's got a good chance of being a lib.

John Myung - He's super quiet which makes me think he has some incredibly crazy beliefs. I'm gonna say just goes with JP though rather than speculate.

So libs are outnumbered in DT 3-2.

Now let's have a bonus round...

Charlie Dominic - From what I heard he's got short hair now and owns a resturant. He's also italian. I would bet my bottom dollar that he is a conservative as they get these days.

Mike Portnoy - Easy one! MP hates Trump and did a whole song with a video about it. He also loves cinema and has let both his kids pursue careers in the arts. MP is a lib.

Kevin Moore - Has spent the last 20 years trying to complete forget about his time in Dream Theater which makes me think that he's probably a lib

"You know what? Enough is enough. There's enough hate in this world; there's enough frickin' negativity in this world" - James LaBrie

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: The Politics of Dream Theater
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 08:29:40 AM »
Huh?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 08:33:09 AM »
In before lock.

But also, anyone who abbreviates "liberal" to just "lib" isn't a liberal and is probably a "con".

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 08:34:49 AM »
Um, this has 'lock' written all over it....but, I will fully admit that I totally enjoyed the OP. Man, it's good to have you back, WR.

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 08:35:42 AM »
I'm ready for the Lock-ness Monster to drag this thread back down into the depths where it belongs.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 08:36:09 AM »
No.  Aside from the fact that anything like this belongs in P/R, some of the assumptions, although probably intended to just be humorous (giving you the benefit of the doubt), are offensive, and many of them likely untrue.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."