Author Topic: Dream Theater's John Petrucci - Wikipedia: Fact or Fiction?  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Anguyen92

Dream Theater's John Petrucci - Wikipedia: Fact or Fiction?
« on: August 15, 2019, 10:07:12 PM »
So, JP did a video segment with Loudwire, Wikipedia: Fact Or Fiction, where the host looks at some of the info. on his wiki page.  DT's page, albums, etc. and JP gets to confirm whether it is true or not and give a little more details about the events at the time.  I think it's a good watch.  It's nice to see JP talk about more about things like the main reason why he got into guitar in the first place.  Him and JM's practicing habits.  Stuff like how he felt when Kevin Moore left. Discussed about the meaning of some of the songs in Black Clouds & Silver Linings like A Nightmare to Remember, Wither, and of course, The Count of Tuscany and why he got into bodybuilding.  Here's the link below if you want kill some time.  Only about 11 minutes long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU3027fuZBE

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Dream Theater's John Petrucci - Wikipedia: Fact or Fiction?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 06:22:32 AM »
I was coming here to post this just now. It’s interesting
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 09:32:21 AM »
These are kinda fun.  There's one with MP also.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 09:34:13 AM »
The explainer for TCOT, as well as more backstory on John's and Kevin's friendship were very cool! I just wish the guy asked some more interesting things about JP's or DT's career instead of some stuff like bodybuilding.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 04:06:43 PM »
That Loudwire guy.. never seizes to invite my elbow to his chin.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 04:15:42 PM »
I'm not a big fan of the song but I'd like to hear more about the weird encounter the two Johns and the other dudes had in that castle.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 12:48:55 PM »
I usually enjoy these episodes, this one was very entertaining for sure! very interesting. I particularly liked to hear about the practice deal with JM, the departure of KM and the TCOT story.