Poll

How much do you trust the news media (here in the States)?

I trust them completely
Not completely, but quite a bit
I don't trust or distrust them
Not much, but I do at times
I distrust them completely

Voting closes: May 27, 2025, 12:05:53 PM

Author Topic: How much do you trust the news media (here in the States)?  (Read 12009 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: How much do you trust the news media (here in the States)?
« Reply #245 on: July 29, 2020, 09:47:13 AM »
I blame the Mandela effect.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
« Reply #246 on: July 29, 2020, 10:34:04 AM »
I blame the Mandela effect.

Of course.  It's Stadler, CNN and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez; what could go wrong.  :)

But that's specifically why I chose to post that AFTER the Gillibrand search; there's no mistaking that.  It happened.  There ARE sources, just not the ones that one could reasonably expect from a nationally know politician that waged a legitimate Presidential campaign, and would be a reasonable and expected candidate for Vice President on Biden's ticket.  We already know - including from posts on this very forum - that some people are predisposed to rejecting something from Breitbart, or worse, presuming that it is presumptively false.   It changes the narrative to have that be the most prominent news source reporting on the subject.    (Thankfully, references to the statement are buried within other articles with more credibility). 

It's certainly something to be watchful of.

Offline emtee

« Reply #247 on: August 04, 2020, 02:12:13 PM »
I'm wondering and hoping if the pendulum is swinging back toward the center.

Ariana Pekary from MSNBC wrote a pretty damning resignation letter which echoes my thoughts over the last 15 years. Also, Bari Weiss called it quits at the NYT for basically the same reasons. I think there is such a deep culture issue that the news organizations have completely lost touch with basic journalism. Hopefully these two resignations resonate among some of their peers and they begin to ask themselves some tough questions.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
« Reply #248 on: August 06, 2020, 12:57:10 PM »
I'll be right back.    <Stadler runs off to google "Pekary resignation letter>