Author Topic: Why are most women/mothers defensive towards their kids?  (Read 2925 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Why are most women/mothers defensive towards their kids?
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2020, 03:36:35 PM »
Mothers will LOVE their sons even if they're murderers, criminals, rapists, fascists, etc.

I have to ask, did you come from another planet? Are you unfamiliar with the concept of a mother's unconditional love for their children? Motherly love isn't dictated by laws or morality. Mothers love their children because the child is literally a part of them.

And because they love them they have to try to defend them and justify their bad deeds? So they are very biased?
I would just like to point out that at no point in this answer is there a denial of coming from another planet.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2020, 04:09:29 PM »
That you know of human.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2020, 06:09:01 PM »
Ugly is one you never hear from a mother and I'm OK with that.
Ooooh, I'm glad you haven't met them. Luckily, my mom is normal. But yes, some moms (and dads) have no boundaries when it comes to disparaging their children, and "ugly" is not as low as they go, usually.

Even though I disapprove of parents who stop at nothing to defend their children even when they are despicable criminals, at least I can understand and sympathize, and this is why we have (or try to have) unbiased law enforcement, juries, and so on. But parents that go out of their way to crush their child's spirit, I consider that evil, and I can't understand it.

Yea, sadly I'm sure these people exist.  It's sad if parents are the opposite of what the OP is stating and they are just super offensive towards their kids.  That's also no way to raise a child IMO.  Calling your kid ugly just does nothing IMO.  A little fib about being "beautiful" can really help a kids confidence, even if it's only coming from their parents.  That's my thoughts from a non parent.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2020, 07:17:22 AM »
I feel like we had a similar conversation at the P/R threat a few months ago.

All I will say is that dealing with low income community in NYC, I've witnessed plenty of mothers insulting their kids in front of me, sometimes asking a 3 year old "Are you F***ing stupid?" because the kid asked for food.

Kattelox: I understand what you mean by motherly love, but that only applies when the mother had the kid because they wanted one. Not because they ended up pregnant by accident and ended up having a child they were not ready for.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2020, 07:20:06 AM »
Kattelox: I understand what you mean by motherly love, but that only applies when the mother had the kid because they wanted one. Not because they ended up pregnant by accident and ended up having a child they were not ready for.

I dunno about you... but I know a lot of mothers who accidentally got pregnant but still love their child regardless of whether they were ready for them or not. I fiercely disagree that it 'only' applies when they wanted the kid before they got pregnant.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2020, 07:42:16 AM »
I should've worded that differently. I didn't mean to say that motherly love only applies to woman who are looking to have a kid. Some learn to love the kid during the pregnancy, others the moment the kid is born and others as the kid is growing up.

But some mothers just never get to that point.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2020, 07:45:53 AM »
If all mothers showed their kids unconditional love and support, I'd be out of a job.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2020, 08:23:31 AM »

I dunno about you... but I know a lot of mothers who accidentally got pregnant but still love their child regardless of whether they were ready for them or not. I fiercely disagree that it 'only' applies when they wanted the kid before they got pregnant.

Yeah...I'm the product of a rainy night at the drive-in and two bored teenagers. Pretty sure I wasn't planned and my mother was/is incredibly loving and supportive.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2020, 08:30:48 AM »

Nothing scientific about this, but in my limited, empirical experience, there's little correlation between "unconditional love" and "accidental pregnancies".  I defer to Adami on this, but in my experience, the "unconditionality" of parental love is more tied to the relationship of mom to HER parents. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2020, 08:31:24 AM »
There are some parents not equipped to handle children.  I've seen that 1st hand with my niece and nephew.  When a parent is narcissistic  and only think about themselves it can be a bad situation.  It's just in their DNA.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2020, 08:32:06 AM »

Nothing scientific about this, but in my limited, empirical experience, there's little correlation between "unconditional love" and "accidental pregnancies".  I defer to Adami on this, but in my experience, the "unconditionality" of parental love is more tied to the relationship of mom to HER parents.

Definitely. That's certainly more Adami's area of expertise than mine, but I can't disagree with that based on my own experience.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2020, 08:36:26 AM »

Sometimes. Sadly there's no direct scientific correlation. No "if you do XYZ" your kid will be alright and become a great parent themselves. A mom can have the best parents in the world and still turn out to be a horrible mom herself. Or a mom can have cold distant parents and turn out to be the most warm loving mother in the world. There are just endless variables.

But, one constant is whether they agree or disagree with you. Good moms will always disagree with you Stads. Always.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2020, 08:38:59 AM »
I can live with that.  :) :)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2020, 06:49:01 PM »

When in the hell were you fucking pregnant?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2020, 06:52:00 AM »

When in the hell were you fucking pregnant?

I have a past.   :)