Author Topic: Motörhead  (Read 1170 times)

Offline DTA

Motörhead
« on: July 14, 2020, 12:23:57 PM »
Any Motörhead fans here? I've been working my way through their catalog and there's honestly not an album that I dislike so far. I have everything from Iron Fist through Snake Bite Love and am working my way back to their debut before hitting their 2000-onward material.

My favorite so far is either Sacrifice or 1916 and least favorite is probably Orgasmatron though I love the title track.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Motörhead
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 01:36:18 PM »
Yep.  I'm an outlier; I think "Another Perfect Day" is their best. 

Offline DTA

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 03:18:08 PM »

That's a really good one. One Track Mind is such a great song

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 04:04:21 PM »

That's a really good one. One Track Mind is such a great song

:facepalm:

Don't encourage him! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 04:26:44 PM »
Any Motörhead fans here? I've been working my way through their catalog and there's honestly not an album that I dislike so far. I have everything from Iron Fist through Snake Bite Love and am working my way back to their debut before hitting their 2000-onward material.

My favorite so far is either Sacrifice or 1916 and least favorite is probably Orgasmatron though I love the title track.

Really good, underrated Motorhead album.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 04:50:57 PM »
I LOVE motorhead.

Their last couple of albums were really strong. Aftershock and Bad Magic.

Bad Magic had one of my all time favorite songs by them, When The Sky Comes Calling For You.

Their whole discography is solid as hell.

Count me as a huge Orgasmatron guy. I love Pete Gill's drumming on that. I like Rock "n" Roll a lot too. Another Perfect Day is fantastic. That is except One Track Mind.

August 14, 1991
Great Woods
Mansfield, Ma

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline DTA

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 06:22:51 AM »
I LOVE motorhead.

Their last couple of albums were really strong. Aftershock and Bad Magic.

Bad Magic had one of my all time favorite songs by them, When The Sky Comes Calling For You.

Their whole discography is solid as hell.

Count me as a huge Orgasmatron guy. I love Pete Gill's drumming on that. I like Rock "n" Roll a lot too. Another Perfect Day is fantastic. That is except One Track Mind.

:lol, what's your beef with One Track Mind?

Rock 'N Roll is solid as hell. Blackheart is constantly in my head. Orgasmatron just sounds so bizarre from a production standpoint that it's somewhat of a chore to listen to.

I'm looking forward to digging into their 2000's material. I've been enjoying their 90's material moreso than their classic stuff so I'm guessing the newer albums will be the stuff I connect with more. I've been hearing that their latter output is high-quality stuff which always blows me away considering how many albums they put out.

Stupid title aside, Snake Bite Love is a big favorite of mine too.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2022, 01:50:35 PM »
PHIL ANSELMO, GARY HOLT and NICK OLIVERI perform MOTÖRHEAD'S Ace of Spades

Feat: Phil Anselmo, Gary Holt, Nick Oliveri, Dwid Hellion, Chuck Garric, Sacha Dunable, Kelley Juett, Kyle Juett, Tom Polzine and Zach Wheeler

Pretty cool cover!  :metal
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline pg1067

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2022, 02:42:39 PM »
Don't know who any of those guys are, but it was ok (didn't like the rhythm track under the guitar solo).  The first singer (with the glasses) would be great in a Motorhead cover band (and someone please put a shirt on that drummer...ewww).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2022, 03:28:37 PM »
Don't know who any of those guys are, but it was ok (didn't like the rhythm track under the guitar solo).  The first singer (with the glasses) would be great in a Motorhead cover band (and someone please put a shirt on that drummer...ewww).
Really, not even Phil Anselmo and Gary Holt?
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2022, 03:45:25 PM »
PHIL ANSELMO, GARY HOLT and NICK OLIVERI perform MOTÖRHEAD'S Ace of Spades

Feat: Phil Anselmo, Gary Holt, Nick Oliveri, Dwid Hellion, Chuck Garric, Sacha Dunable, Kelley Juett, Kyle Juett, Tom Polzine and Zach Wheeler

Pretty cool cover!  :metal

If were talking covers band, then Bömbers are pretty good and they have a very familiar bassist/singer  :yarr
https://youtu.be/Ur96xB0sEyE

Offline pg1067

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2022, 04:36:50 PM »

The names vaguely ring a bell...googling...ok...never liked any of the Pantera stuff I've heard and never got into any of the bands that Holt was affiliated with (although I did see Heathen on the campus of Cal. State Long Beach back in 1987 and was given a cassette copy of their debut album, Breaking the Silence, but that was long before Holt was affiliated with the band).

If were talking covers band, then Bömbers are pretty good and they have a very familiar bassist/singer  :yarr

Who is he?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2022, 05:02:58 PM »
Phil crushed that song! :metal

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2022, 07:01:38 PM »

The names vaguely ring a bell...googling...ok...never liked any of the Pantera stuff I've heard and never got into any of the bands that Holt was affiliated with (although I did see Heathen on the campus of Cal. State Long Beach back in 1987 and was given a cassette copy of their debut album, Breaking the Silence, but that was long before Holt was affiliated with the band).

Who is he?

Mr. Olve Eikemo aka Abbath  ;D

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2022, 12:59:47 AM »

I understand. Pantera was huge for me so that's easy but i'm kinda the same with Holts bands however his name has circulated in the news for years especially when he joined Slayer.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2022, 09:50:35 AM »
I understand. Pantera was huge for me so that's easy but i'm kinda the same with Holts bands however his name has circulated in the news for years especially when he joined Slayer.

Yeah...like I said, the name vaguely rang a bell, but I was never a big Slayer fan either.

Ummm...ok.   :)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2022, 10:42:37 AM »
Everything louder than everything else.  :metal

(Kinda like only buying a half tank of gas to save money.)
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2022, 11:32:13 AM »

You can see him here with his normal band:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYNmGHhIJ8k

Actually that's not him but I couldn't resist posting the link to this commercial since it's clearly inspired by him or at least his face paint!
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2022, 12:09:43 PM »

You can see him here with his normal band:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYNmGHhIJ8k

Actually that's not him but I couldn't resist posting the link to this commercial since it's clearly inspired by him or at least his face paint!

:lol :lol

Finnish always looks like someone just vomited letters all over the place.  I recall hearing once that it's one of the few languages that is in its own language tree and isn't related to any other currently spoken language (I have no idea if that's actually true).

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2022, 10:34:52 AM »
That was fun. Phil sounds amazing. Gary is the best thrash guitarist of all time imo but not needed on this, tbh.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.