Author Topic: The Boys (Amazon Prime exclusive)  (Read 14072 times)

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Re: The Boys (Amazon Prime exclusive)
« Reply #140 on: July 07, 2022, 10:36:19 PM »
Freaking idiots posting spoiler videos on YouTube hours ago. I was browsing my recommended list and right there is a huge spoiler for the finale. Why? Just, why?!?!?!?!? Thankfully, it was something I kind of guessed early on in the season, specifically, who the hero would be in the finale.

And yeah, they are not being subtle with Janine's stepdad and Homelander acting like a very orange person.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #141 on: July 07, 2022, 10:41:30 PM »
Been hooked on this series for a while and ever since Breaking Bad there hadn't been a single series that had kept me so excited for the next episode.
This season finale is great (SPOILERS). Mother's Milk, man. Incredible character. The interactions between Frenchie and Kimiko, the whole Butcher's backstory, A-Train and Maeve's arc... Just perfect. Love that they're keeping some characters and not killing them off for future episodes, like Maeve, Mallory or Soldier Boy.

I do have some issues with the last episode, though... Is it me or they rushed the season's story a bit at the end? I feel like there could have been an episode between S3E7 and S3E8, or maybe a longer epilogue. My main issue is with Black Noir, man. They dedicated themselves to make you feel for him all throughout the season and didn't even make him see Soldier Boy? Why?. I also feel like I wanted to see more of Butcher and the impact that facing Homelander and Soldier Boy at the building had on him. Becca is gone, Ryan chose Homelander, and He's dying... They only gave him one or two lines after that. Also... Wasn't Homelander supposed to chase or kill Elena to threaten Maeve at some point? Why did he let her live?

What's got me more excited is that the series has a lot of stories to tell next. Neuman didn't pop any heads this season and she seems like an absolute threat now. A-Train and Deep are well with Homelander but at the brink of turning against him. Mallory has a lot of skeletons in the closet. Vought either splits The Seven up and goes full on attention on Homelander and Ryan or recruits more people. Starlight is pretty much a national figure now, even more popular than Homelander. Butcher has pretty much lost it all and I bet he's going nihilistic on next season... There is just so many places they can explore that I'm really excited to what S4 might bring.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 10:47:29 PM by LCArenas »

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2022, 05:38:36 PM »
Well that was fucking outstanding.

It'll be interesting to see how far Butcher goes now that he knows he's on borrowed time, and will the Temp V accelerate that, or can he use it with impunity?

Ryan's little smile at the end was everything though...he saw he could be a complete narcissistic douche, kill people who piss him off, and get love and adoration. Shit's gonna get ugly in the next season. Love how they even had the Q-Shaman in there. Not trying to be subtle at all. :lol

Good stuff. Now I only have Westworld to watch though..gotta dig up new shows.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2022, 05:43:00 PM »
Wow. Just, wow.

Ryan’s smile…wow…  :metal :lol
I have always found it quaint, and rather touching, that there is a movement in the U.S. that thinks Americans are not yet selfish enough.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2022, 09:06:17 PM »
Agreed on that smile.  Such a slow burn into a maniacally gleeful look.  Incredible acting by that kid.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2022, 10:00:15 PM »
Yep…..was thinking the same thing. Up until that very scene I hadn’t found that kids limited screen time all that inspiring…..seemed pretty weak as an actor. That scene changed my mind.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #146 on: July 09, 2022, 07:22:52 AM »

It'll be interesting to see how far Butcher goes now that he knows he's on borrowed time, and will the Temp V accelerate that, or can he use it with impunity?

Ryan's little smile at the end was everything though...he saw he could be a complete narcissistic douche, kill people who piss him off, and get love and adoration. Shit's gonna get ugly in the next season. Love how they even had the Q-Shaman in there. Not trying to be subtle at all. :lol

I feel like Butcher will end up taking the Blue compound V, become a full fledged supe and be cured of the damage caused by the temp V.

A new season of What We Do In The Shadows comes out this week, if you are looking for a new show.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2022, 10:33:11 AM »
Somewhat safe ending to an otherwise great season.  Aside from a few things most of the characters are back where they start in episode 1.  But I'm cool with that as the dynamic these characters have is great - but at some point it has to change.

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #148 on: July 25, 2022, 05:00:40 PM »

Doom Patrol is great.
A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #149 on: December 06, 2022, 07:26:06 PM »
First trailer for Gen V. They really let up on the blood and guts.  :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDyDg04x1W0
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2022, 02:32:30 AM »
I mean I didn't ask for a College spin off, but I'll give it a shot!
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2023, 05:35:05 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IlF715Yn00

Antony Starr is fucking amazing.

Still no release date yet though.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2023, 08:50:59 AM »
Not looking at this thread yet for obvious reasons, but just wanted to post my reactions thus far.

So a few days ago, with the writer's strike taking away some of my regular viewing, the NHL season over, and generally with nothing to watch I set out to find something to watch.

I did three episodes of The Boys. While I was expecting this would just be something for me, I thought it was so good I gave my wife the chance the catch up and after doing so she also wants to continue, so we'll be seeing the rest of the series together.

But yeah, absolutely glorious thus far.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2023, 09:24:08 AM »
enjoy the ride.  It only gets more gloriously ridiculous. 

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2023, 09:47:47 AM »
enjoy the ride.  It only gets more gloriously ridiculous.

Definitely agree - just when I think the show has gone too far, they go even further and I love them for it.  It's a really fun show. 

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #155 on: July 26, 2023, 09:10:50 AM »
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2023, 10:05:50 PM »
Gen V drops tomorrow. I literally had no idea of the release until football tonight. Guess I know what I am watching tomorrow night.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2023, 10:28:09 PM »
They usually release the episodes early on Thursday around 8 PM EST. I saw the first 3 episodes listed, I'll watch them this weekend probably.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline The Realm

« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2023, 11:38:24 PM »
Watched the first episode. Loved it.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2023, 08:53:53 PM »
Watched all 3. Typical Boys style. Loving it so far.

Jumanji!

Offline faizoff

« Reply #160 on: September 29, 2023, 10:04:16 PM »
The 1st episode was awesome. This show has all the same hallmarks as The Boys.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline faizoff

« Reply #161 on: September 29, 2023, 10:27:47 PM »
Also that Luke guy is Arnold Schwarzenegger's son, the resemblance is so uncanny.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #162 on: October 02, 2023, 03:23:20 AM »
Really enjoyed those first 3 episodes.  1st episode continued the madness from The Boys perfectly, the following two episodes slowed things down introduce us to the characters and start the plot rolling.   Great start.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2023, 09:28:13 AM »
Really enjoyed those first 3 episodes.  1st episode continued the madness from The Boys perfectly, the following two episodes slowed things down introduce us to the characters and start the plot rolling.   Great start.

Watched all 3 this morning.  I'm hooked.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #164 on: October 05, 2023, 10:47:12 AM »
Really liking the first three episodes.

I appreciate that, at least as of yet, this isn't a story about a bunch of super powered sociopaths and no one being able to stop them.

Nice seeing a few decent people here and there and a look at how powers can be traumatic rather than liberating.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #165 on: October 06, 2023, 07:49:41 PM »
Thought we were getting a Pull Me Under thing at the end of the new episode. Make sure to let it go to the trailer for what's next. It made the end make sense. Someone is messing with memory.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #166 on: October 07, 2023, 03:05:19 AM »
Well we did see in the episode someone who had the power to mess with memory so presume he was involved. (Although it’s hard to believe he survived what happened to him)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: October 07, 2023, 05:14:09 AM »
Well we did see in the episode someone who had the power to mess with memory so presume he was involved. (Although it’s hard to believe he survived what happened to him)

I assume you're referring to dickless?

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #168 on: October 07, 2023, 09:41:03 AM »

I assume you're referring to dickless?

Yes it is true…….this man has no dick.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #169 on: October 07, 2023, 01:07:18 PM »
As soul cringing as that scene was, I'm sure every woman on the planet wishes they could do that to sexually aggressive men... in fact I'd bet the world would be a much nicer place for it.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #170 on: October 12, 2023, 08:44:17 PM »
This show is soooo good. Can't believe how much I'm enjoying it with every passing episode. It's different enough from The Boys but at the same time has such a familiar feel and vibe to it. Episode 5 flew by and ended just when it was getting so good.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #171 on: October 13, 2023, 08:49:29 PM »
This show is soooo good. Can't believe how much I'm enjoying it with every passing episode. It's different enough from The Boys but at the same time has such a familiar feel and vibe to it. Episode 5 flew by and ended just when it was getting so good.

Boy, you ain’t fucking kidding!  ESPECIALLY to the bolder part.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #172 on: October 14, 2023, 04:29:16 AM »

Boy, you ain’t fucking kidding!  ESPECIALLY to the bolder part.

Yes I also agree with this. Loving the show.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: October 14, 2023, 05:49:46 AM »
I find myself relieved that it's not just a carbon copy of The Boys but just with younger people. It's different enough, and setting appropriate, yet still in the twisted universe. I love it! I'll be ready for The Boys when it comes back, the conflict between Homelander and... well... everyone else, will be mandatory viewing. Meanwhile, this show scratches the itch.

I've got to say, I think the character of Jordan Li is brilliant A character who's powers rely on their gender fluidity is pretty ballsy in today's cancel culture world. It was also an interesting choice to make their male power more defensive, and female power more offensive. They both have super strength, of course, but having to be male for invulnerability and female for shooting power bolts makes for interesting visuals in combat. Also, both aspects (actors) have an understated attractiveness and a similar androgynous quality to their voices so the transitions aren't jarring at all.

I have always found it quaint, and rather touching, that there is a movement in the U.S. that thinks Americans are not yet selfish enough.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #174 on: October 14, 2023, 06:32:47 AM »
I find myself relieved that it's not just a carbon copy of The Boys but just with younger people. It's different enough, and setting appropriate, yet still in the twisted universe. I love it! I'll be ready for The Boys when it comes back, the conflict between Homelander and... well... everyone else, will be mandatory viewing. Meanwhile, this show scratches the itch.

I've got to say, I think the character of Jordan Li is brilliant A character who's powers rely on their gender fluidity is pretty ballsy in today's cancel culture world. It was also an interesting choice to make their male power more defensive, and female power more offensive. They both have super strength, of course, but having to be male for invulnerability and female for shooting power bolts makes for interesting visuals in combat. Also, both aspects (actors) have an understated attractiveness and a similar androgynous quality to their voices so the transitions aren't jarring at all.

Spot on to all of this as well.  I hadn't noticed that aspect about Jordan's powers and them being gender specific.