Author Topic: The Boys (Amazon Prime exclusive)  (Read 14073 times)

Offline faizoff

Re: The Boys (Amazon Prime exclusive)
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2020, 07:45:11 PM »
Amazon has been releasing these on Thursdays around 8 pm EST and I've been watching it right then.

This season has been pretty amazing so far and can't wait to see what the last 3 episodes have in store. Each episode the crazy shit just goes up. I think it goes without saying the guy playing homelander is one talented mofo and almost every single scene with him, you watch with extreme uneasiness.

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2020, 07:58:10 PM »
My only hope that I don’t see them doing, sadly, is giving Black Noir something interesting and unexpected to do.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2020, 08:00:24 PM »
I saw the scene in the preview and knew pretty quickly it was a fake out. The show has a lot of balls. But not balls THAT big.

Yeah. You knew it was when it was happening........but there was that hint of a chance it wasn’t because this show is ate up.

Stormfront is even more diabolical than Homelander. She’s F’n wicked
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2020, 11:27:46 PM »
See, that's why I don't watch previews. :P
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2020, 12:50:46 AM »
My only hope that I don’t see them doing, sadly, is giving Black Noir something interesting and unexpected to do.

Be interesting to see if they follow the comic book when it comes to Black Noirs real identity.  If they do follow it, it'll be good......however I do think there is more potential if the reveal is someone different, as the show and the comic book are quite different (the show is much better to be honest!).

Offline Adami

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2020, 10:16:21 AM »
Yea I don’t expect them to do the comics route for Black Noir. I just want them to do something interesting. Right now he’s just a soldier for Vought that occasionally provides some quirky comic relief. I was half expecting him to switch sides last episode after clearly being hurt that Vought created his powers. But no. Just a soldier who does what he’s told.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2020, 10:51:02 AM »
I like that about him. You know exactly what he is; whereas others like Homelander are scary because of their unpredictability, Black Noir is terrifying exactly because what you see is what you get: a ruthless, cold blooded killer who does exactly as he's told. Homelander struggles with human emotions and ego, but Black Noir has no ego or emotions to get in his way. Or the ability to feel pain, apparently. I kind of hope they keep him that way, because in season 1 he was almost comic relief to me because he had no lines and was barely there. It's weird having someone so deadly be kind of funny. This show is really good at that in general.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Adami

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2020, 10:57:53 AM »
I like that about him. You know exactly what he is; whereas others like Homelander are scary because of their unpredictability, Black Noir is terrifying exactly because what you see is what you get: a ruthless, cold blooded killer who does exactly as he's told. Homelander struggles with human emotions and ego, but Black Noir has no ego or emotions to get in his way. Or the ability to feel pain, apparently. I kind of hope they keep him that way, because in season 1 he was almost comic relief to me because he had no lines and was barely there. It's weird having someone so deadly be kind of funny. This show is really good at that in general.

But he does have emotions. Remember when the news about Compound V broke and he broke down and was crying? Unless that too was some weird comic relief, I was hoping it would lead to SOME development. As cool as he is....and he obviously is...a cold blooded killer with no personality at all just isn't going to be super interesting in the long run. So I'm hoping his response to compound V was a hint of something more to come. But maybe not.

Also I wonder where they're going to take The Deep/Tom Cruise. The whole scientology thing is interesting, but I'm not sure what it'll lead to.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2020, 11:47:07 AM »
Huh. I actually totally missed the part with him crying. Which episode is that?

I guess I'm not expecting him to be interesting - but the fact that he's the only one who acts that way, ironically, makes him kind of interesting to me  :lol

Offline Adami

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2020, 12:00:40 PM »
Huh. I actually totally missed the part with him crying. Which episode is that?

I guess I'm not expecting him to be interesting - but the fact that he's the only one who acts that way, ironically, makes him kind of interesting to me  :lol

Maybe episode 3? Whichever one where the news about compound V broke. If you YouTube black noir crying you’ll see it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2020, 01:24:58 PM »
Oh wow, you're right. That's... interesting.

Offline Adami

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2020, 01:26:49 PM »
Oh wow, you're right. That's... interesting.

Which is why his next thing seemed lame. He immediately went after Butcher. Why? No reason other than Vought telling him. Seemed like a set up with no payoff.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2020, 05:38:05 PM »
God I fucking love this show. That sex scene with Homelander and Stormfront was fucking hysterical.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2020, 06:04:18 PM »
God I fucking love this show. That sex scene with Homelander and Stormfront was fucking hysterical.

The sound when she shoves his face in... omg  :rollin

Offline Adami

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2020, 06:13:04 PM »
Can’t wait to see Homelander as the possessive boyfriend not realizing that Stormfronts just not that into him.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline faizoff

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2020, 09:12:08 PM »
Another excellent episode, this dynamic between Homelander and Stormfront is something else.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2020, 08:31:31 AM »
Loved that episode.

Frenchie's backstory, Homelander's terrifying insanity, Stormfront's revelation at the end, and the brutal violence throughout the whole episode was just awesome. Lamplighter is kind of a lame supe but I liked him a lot in this. Watching all the people escaping the facility was terrifying - I imagine things are gonna get crazy for the rest of this season with unstable supes running free. Cindy (the woman with the shaved head) hopefully plays a big part because I love her powers.

The sound design in this show is excellent, btw. When someone explodes and the blood hits the wall, it makes me wince. And when Homelander made that guy's head pop... it's so brutal omg  :lol

Offline faizoff

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2020, 08:46:14 AM »
LOL yes the sound design in insane, I was eating ice cream during that opening scene and was watching with headphones and it made me cringe.

Also got a very X-men 2 vibe from that episode. The movie is probably my favorite of the X-men movies so yeah that episode kicked all kinds of ass. Probably my favorite one so far.

Offline Adami

« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2020, 05:54:36 PM »
LOL yes the sound design in insane, I was eating ice cream during that opening scene and was watching with headphones and it made me cringe.

Also got a very X-men 2 vibe from that episode. The movie is probably my favorite of the X-men movies so yeah that episode kicked all kinds of ass. Probably my favorite one so far.

Plus you essentially have Ice-Man playing Pyro.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2020, 07:47:51 PM »

Plus you essentially have Ice-Man playing Pyro.

That's exactly what I was thinking. He even had Pyro's obsessive flicking of the lighter. As a huge X2 fan I thought that was pretty cool, to be honest.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2020, 09:27:19 AM »
Stormfront's revelation at the end

About that. I think we all understood that she was going to be the original 'supe' so that revelation wasn't all that shocking. What was shocking was how she had those pictures just laying there on the top of some stuff in an unlocked chest where anyone could just open it and then be in the know. Pretty lame IMO. At least walk over to the cliched 'safe in the wall behind a picture' and remove them from there. But just haphazardly available to anyone in an unlocked chest was lazy or poor writing IMO.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2020, 02:10:15 PM »
Tried starting this out a little while back, and when it got to Deep raping the new girl, I had to give it a hard "no thanks."  Recently thought maybe I'd give it another shot, to see if maybe that sort of thing was a setup to graphically show the corruption and flawed nature of the superhero world, and would move on.  But a few scenes past that, the series just wants to try to double down on the seedy side of things every few scenes, so gave it a "no thanks" again.  What I understand as the premise of it seems like a cool idea.  But just not interested in how they have chosen to portray it.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline faizoff

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2020, 09:19:02 PM »
Very intense setup for a season finale. Had some of the funniest moments I thought in the entire series. The timing of some of the gags makes them even more hilarious. 
I wonder if the finale will have major showdowns, I have to say as menacing and psychotic Homelander is, he's been largely neutered these past few episodes.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2020, 11:34:26 PM »
Well the top was certainly blown off at the ending of episode 7. Looking forward to the finale. Great show.

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2020, 04:58:44 AM »
Tried starting this out a little while back, and when it got to Deep raping the new girl, I had to give it a hard "no thanks."  Recently thought maybe I'd give it another shot, to see if maybe that sort of thing was a setup to graphically show the corruption and flawed nature of the superhero world, and would move on.  But a few scenes past that, the series just wants to try to double down on the seedy side of things every few scenes, so gave it a "no thanks" again.  What I understand as the premise of it seems like a cool idea.  But just not interested in how they have chosen to portray it.

They've toned it down massively from the comicbook,  which I'm glad about.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2020, 06:17:21 AM »
Holy shit that ending was insane. The episode was a bit sleepier than I expected but they just blew the roof off the joint with that final scene. Did Ashley get killed in that? I know the A Train knockoff guy got got, too. What an insane scene!!

Offline faizoff

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2020, 06:44:20 AM »
Don't know who all got popped, it cut at a lot of places. Apart from the obvious first couple of ones, will have to watch that scene again.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2020, 08:21:45 AM »
Ending scene was nuts for sure!! I'm just trying to figure out who is behind the head exploding assassinations? I've never read the comic but my speculation is that it's the head of that crazy cult. Just seems like he's hiding something for sure. I had thought it was maybe Stormfront but her behavior in that scene didn't seem like she was doing it....unless she was just putting on a show which is possible.

I thought Homelander and Stormfront turning his son against his mom then taking him from her was brutal also.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2020, 09:44:24 AM »
My guess is that its the Cindy girl from the previous episode. She showed that kind of power and was seen leaving the facility.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2020, 09:50:45 AM »
My guess is that its the Cindy girl from the previous episode. She showed that kind of power and was seen leaving the facility.

That's what I was thinking but who made Raynor's head explode earlier this season when she was meeting with The Boys, if Cindy was locked up in the facility?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2020, 09:57:28 AM »

That's what I was thinking but who made Raynor's head explode earlier this season when she was meeting with The Boys, if Cindy was locked up in the facility?

Exactly. She’s capable of it for sure but Raynor meeting the same fate while she was in prison is what’s odd.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2020, 10:18:18 AM »
I forgot about her. I'm drawing a blank but they did explain who did it for her right?

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2020, 10:22:00 AM »
I don't think they figured out exactly who killed her, just made the connection that Vought was responsible. I'll double check when I rewatch the series before the finale though.

Offline Adami

« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2020, 06:13:25 PM »
My moneys on Giancarlo being a secret supe? 

I dunno. But that was nuts. Also the episode finally ruled out the comic version of Black Noir.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2020, 07:10:42 AM »
So since it's not going to be the same, who's the comic version of Black Noir?
Photobucket sucks.