Author Topic: The Boys (Amazon Prime exclusive)  (Read 14071 times)

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Re: The Boys (Amazon Prime exclusive)
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2022, 10:12:08 PM »
OMG the first 15 mins of episode 1 are just soooo bad loollll

:lol   That was just beyond crazy.   I only watched an episode and a half, so I'll finish up the episodes tonight.  I am still amazed at how insane this show is.

Tell me about it. I first thought just 'normal' stuff, then I thought the 'gerbil' type thing but then the visual wasn't right and it really took me a while to realize what they were doing. Just, holy crap.

Just finished the first 3. Just a crazy awesome show.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2022, 05:58:22 AM »
Binged all three last night with jingle.son.  We lost our shit at the Homelander birthday party promo

Rascal Flatts
The Cast of Rivendale
Dame Judi Dench

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

And the theme park.
BLM BLT's
LGBTurkey Legs

God I love this show.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline faizoff

« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2022, 10:13:48 PM »
Fantastic fucking episode. This season is phenomenal so far, the surprising moments keep surprising and homelander keeps homelanding. This show is really something else.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2022, 03:39:12 PM »
Episode 4 was a DOOZY, a LOT going on for nearly every character in the show. They really know how to utilize every minute of the episode.

Also, there were a lot of death flags being hoisted up and it's got me worried for several characters!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2022, 05:14:04 AM »
yeah, it was a great one.  I told jingle.son, that up to the clip with Soldier Boy, I'll bet that Solid Gold promo was an actual promo.

That twist between Vicki and Stan I did not see coming.  I love how cerebral Stan is.  Quite the mastermind.  He'll be back.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2022, 09:03:53 AM »
Just read that AMAZON just gave the thumbs up to a S4. I'm sure it was a no brainer.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2022, 09:13:33 AM »
Just read that AMAZON just gave the thumbs up to a S4. I'm sure it was a no brainer.

I have a few fears though. First, this show is amazing and I have loved every second of it, even the parts that mess me up a bit. That said, I'm a bit nervous about the status quo. At some point, having Homelander be an evil God that no one can touch but everyone tries and fails to kill or get rid of is going to get stale and boring, but at the same time, if you DO get rid of Homelander, you lose your viewership. I just hope they can shake things up a bit in a good way with him since it's getting to the point that stress will start turning into annoyance, you know?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2022, 09:20:02 AM »

I have a few fears though. First, this show is amazing and I have loved every second of it, even the parts that mess me up a bit. That said, I'm a bit nervous about the status quo. At some point, having Homelander be an evil God that no one can touch but everyone tries and fails to kill or get rid of is going to get stale and boring, but at the same time, if you DO get rid of Homelander, you lose your viewership. I just hope they can shake things up a bit in a good way with him since it's getting to the point that stress will start turning into annoyance, you know?

Yep....that storyline can only run so far before it's more or less boring. It 'feels' like the writers have a plan and direction they are following and up to this point it's been pretty good. Homelander is the center of that shows universe so finding that balance of how to tell the story without it becoming stale is certainly their challenge at this point.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2022, 03:37:12 PM »
Episode 5 sure was another intense, packed episode. A bit light on the gore and blood, but there were some genuinely tense situations that had me on the edge of my seat. I like that these episodes are just long enough to get development on each main story line. We got a bit more about what The Deep and A-Train are going through, but arguably the focus is still Butcher and the Boys, but I like this conflict brewing within them, and between Annie and Hughie. With only 3 episodes left, I'm eager to see where all these chess pieces will end up by the finale, and how many more may end up out of play.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2022, 08:09:18 PM »
Episode 5 sure was another intense, packed episode. A bit light on the gore and blood, but there were some genuinely tense situations that had me on the edge of my seat. I like that these episodes are just long enough to get development on each main story line. We got a bit more about what The Deep and A-Train are going through, but arguably the focus is still Butcher and the Boys, but I like this conflict brewing within them, and between Annie and Hughie. With only 3 episodes left, I'm eager to see where all these chess pieces will end up by the finale, and how many more may end up out of play.

-Marc.

Ya knew that community hall meeting with Blue Hawk was gonna go all kinds of bad.

Are “redemptions” upcoming to Deep and A-Train for them being such pansies all season?  Don’t think we’ve seen the last of Mauve, and where the hell has Noir been all season?

Offline faizoff

« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2022, 08:23:49 PM »
I can't remember but wasn't Noir turned into a vegetable of sorts last season?

This season has been great with the buildups and story beats. I love how they brought Deep back into the seven  and Homelander immediately imposes his dominance and power over him.

I personally have been loving the dynamics they've shown this season with Frenchie and Mika.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2022, 08:27:22 PM »
Noir had a peanut allergy and they tried to kill him using peanuts. He wasn’t quite dead but incapacitated. I guess he’s fully healed now.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2022, 07:08:33 AM »
Noir had a peanut allergy and they tried to kill him using peanuts. He wasn’t quite dead but incapacitated. I guess he’s fully healed now.
Ohhhh is thats what happened? I thought he died and its someone new wearing the suit that we dont know of yet. Easy to throw some new character into a full suit and mask that doesn't speak.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2022, 07:21:58 AM »
Ohhhh is thats what happened? I thought he died and its someone new wearing the suit that we dont know of yet. Easy to throw some new character into a full suit and mask that doesn't speak.

He was ‘dying’ the last we saw of him. Maybe it’s someone different?

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2022, 10:53:20 AM »
Just going to throw some love to Colby Minifie who plays Ashley, there are a ton of great performances on this show who rightly get praised, but she is knocking it out if the ballpark with those quirky facial expressions. 

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2022, 04:52:35 PM »
Really great season so far and for as gory as the show has been in the past I think they afforded some rope with some of the things they have been doing this season. Everything in the story is so volatile I almost get that sense of dread that I would get in a Black Mirror episode whenever something as close to good happens since I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

For this last episode I did find the Blue Hawk thing interesting because as jingle eluded to you just knew it was going to be a shitshow and while the guy comes off like a total asshole and just not a very good person in general he kinda wasn't wrong when he was discussing crime. I'm sure A Train will give him his due and rightfully so but I don't really see any redemption for A Train. Same with Deep. Man the writing has done such a good job coming up with these fucked up characters.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2022, 08:17:40 PM »
So the new Boys episode named 'Herogasm' is ....crazy like you'd expect from an episode with that name.

Not going to go into all the details but it was another amazing episode and I can't believe how fantastic it manages to be with just two more episodes left.

So spoilers for the episode below

Besides the obvious orgy stuff in the episode which will probably take up much of the talk, there were several other things that happened in the episode which I thought was the highlight of the entire show so far. That Homelander fight against Butcher, Soldier Boy and Hughie was so well done, it felt so tense the entire time I definitely thought someone would bite the dust. The scene with Nadia and Starlight, Frenchie, Kimiko.... so many great parts. The whole Soldier Boy catching up to the modern world and idolizing Bill Cosby lolll, Homelander coming to the realization that he's now vulnerable is going to be so amazing to see. The episode didn't slow down one bit and is frankly probably the best one so far.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 08:39:27 PM by faizoff »

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2022, 09:32:31 PM »
This might have been one of the best episodes of the series so far. The Boys does everything I wanted a show like Heroes to do, although the tone and intent are a fair bit different, but at least The Boys isn't shy on showing off powers or fights.

The way this show weaves its character arcs in and around every character and plot line makes a beautiful and intense tapestry. I'm really anxious to see how they wrap it all up with two more episodes!

-Marc.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:05:38 PM by The Letter M »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2022, 10:03:29 PM »
Not much to add to the last two posts. Great episode !

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2022, 10:05:18 PM »
Just, wow. Yeah, nothing much else to say about Herogasm.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2022, 05:16:25 AM »
Loved it - the show is so perfect.  I was on the edge of my seat during the fights and the orgy scenes were just as crazy as I expected.

Offline Adami

« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2022, 03:37:44 PM »
The episode is amazing. The final fight is one of their finest for sure. Great character work and great storylines.

He herogasm itself was meh. They hyped it up soooo much that I was expecting insanity. Deep banging an ocotopus was good. MM being covered in Daddy’s Milk was great. But most of it just looked like a generic orgy and some powers being used here and there.

Also Homelander talking to himself in the mirror. Bravo!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2022, 06:12:48 AM »
Poor MM.  Agree with Adami... you knew Deep was going to get him some Octo-love the instant he showed up.

Anthony Starr should be winning awards.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2022, 05:18:16 PM »
Great episode but like Adami said I was expecting it to be a bit more insane in the "Jesus what the fuck did I just watch" sense. Can't wait for the rest of the episodes.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2022, 05:24:05 PM »
The MM bit was quite gross, but yeah, the rest was fairly generic for this show. Still, great episode overall, and that big drop at the end really sets the stage for the final episodes.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2022, 08:37:56 PM »

This show is just so fucking off the charts great. I can't believe how amazing the drama, acting, and the story are going so far. This season is paying off so well, Kimiko and Frenchie's chemistry is killing it.

The Black Noir scenes, and Butcher's trance all gave such depth and excellent insight into their characters like never before. What a season so far. Solidier boy's lines were gold this episode loll. "I'll slap you like Connery"
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:45:57 PM by faizoff »

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2022, 10:09:36 PM »
Just finished episode 7. I can NOT believe there's only one more left. There's a lot of threads to tie up, so I'm hoping next week's finale is at LEAST 90 minutes.

-Marc.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2022, 05:16:22 AM »
Just finished episode 7. I can NOT believe there's only one more left. There's a lot of threads to tie up, so I'm hoping next week's finale is at LEAST 90 minutes.

-Marc.

jingle.son and I both couldn't believe we didn't see that twist coming.  Yes, pun intended.

Butcher is an absolutely top shelf asshole.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2022, 09:25:30 PM »

-Marc.

jingle.son and I both couldn't believe we didn't see that twist coming.  Yes, pun intended.

Butcher is an absolutely top shelf asshole.

The twist got me too. So glad it wasn't spoiled anywhere for me because that was huge.

Offline Adami

« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2022, 10:29:55 AM »
Great episode. Didn’t see the twist coming.

I just hope this doesn’t become a Soldier Boy/Homelander team up.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2022, 01:54:32 PM »
I hope Soldier Boy stays around but It's looking like they are setting up Noir to take him down......but it's pretty much impossible to predict because this show is batshit crazy (in a good way) - all I know is The Deep will fuck an mollusk.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #136 on: July 04, 2022, 03:08:31 PM »
The flashback scenes with Noir were so good, and totally agree with French and Kimiko's chemistry, love that storyline.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #137 on: July 07, 2022, 08:22:17 PM »
Hands down the best finale of the series and maybe the best of the entire series as well. Topped Herogasm IMO.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #138 on: July 07, 2022, 09:35:17 PM »
This finale went through so many twists and turns that I am still shocked by even the very finale scene, and I'm excited to see what that means for the future.

I do wonder what will happen with A-Train and The Deep now, given the state of The Seven/Vought.

-Marc.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #139 on: July 07, 2022, 09:38:42 PM »
Very well done how the events of the entire season were all pulled together, and all wrapped up at the same time... AND leaving a few teasers for next season without it being a big cliffhanger.

:clap:

This is one fucked up society/universe - especially Janine's Step Dad.  WTF!?!?