Author Topic: Fun video of Mikael Akerfeldt talking about DT  (Read 2109 times)

Offline gzarruk

It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Mladen

Re: Fun video of Mikael Akerfeldt talking about DT
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 02:26:08 AM »
That was hilarious. This video needs to go down in history.  :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 04:14:07 AM »
That right there is how you do charming-condescension.  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 05:28:57 AM »
That was pretty awesome lol
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 11:19:58 AM »
Now that's damn funny!   :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 12:50:24 PM »
 :rollin

Oh Mikael...
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2019, 01:02:43 PM »
 :lol  I'll never forget him coming out for Repentance and his mic was off, one of the best concert moments I've ever seen not just because it was the only time they ever played that song but because it was fucked up and yet they still pulled it off by continuing to play and then go back into the verse for him to sing.  I love when bands collaborate like that and clearly form some sort of friendship in the business to be able to have fun like Mikael is having here talking about DT.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2019, 02:48:21 PM »
:lol  I'll never forget him coming out for Repentance and his mic was off, one of the best concert moments I've ever seen not just because it was the only time they ever played that song but because it was fucked up and yet they still pulled it off by continuing to play and then go back into the verse for him to sing.  I love when bands collaborate like that and clearly form some sort of friendship in the business to be able to have fun like Mikael is having here talking about DT.

That's always the best and it shows. Like Anneke and Devin, Anneke playing Fallout.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline JLa

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2019, 12:30:14 AM »
Mikael  :lol

If he ever quits Opeth he should do stand-up comedy.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2019, 06:53:31 AM »

:rollin
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2019, 09:38:31 AM »
Mikael  :lol

doesn't he do that already? :D (not quitting Opeth I mean)
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline Mladen

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2019, 01:49:32 PM »
Mikael has one of the best banters in metal nowadays, he is completely different from anyone else.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2019, 11:35:11 AM »
A) That video was amazing.

B) Ten years ago, if you'd asked me which band between Dream Theater and Opeth would have the better decade, I probably would have said Opeth. If memory serves, DT were coming off some albums I liked (SC, BC&SL) whereas Opeth were coming off albums that I loved. However, since then, I think I have liked DT's output more. That has to do with DT releasing some really good stuff, but also with Opeth not releasing anything that totally slayed me. And I don't say that because they changed their style from death metal - I couldn't care less - I just haven't enjoyed them as much.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Volante99

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2019, 12:30:35 PM »
I think that’s the nicest thing I’ve ever heard Mikael say about a band (that wasn’t some obscure 70s Italian prog band).

I agree DT have had a better decade than Opeth. I’m all for musical exploration but everything just seems so watered down with their recent output. Also, Åkerfeldt NEEDS to get over his unhealthy obsession with the mellotron.

That said, I will defend Heritage until the day I die. A brilliant, under appreciated prog gem, too genius (and weird) for its own good.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2019, 02:18:25 PM »
I think that’s the nicest thing I’ve ever heard Mikael say about a band (that wasn’t some obscure 70s Italian prog band).

I agree DT have had a better decade than Opeth. I’m all for musical exploration but everything just seems so watered down with their recent output. Also, Åkerfeldt NEEDS to get over his unhealthy obsession with the mellotron.

That said, I will defend Heritage until the day I die. A brilliant, under appreciated prog gem, too genius (and weird) for its own good.

Opeth's new album sounds promising to me... Heart in Hand reminds me of Porcelain Heart quite a bit and seems to have more of an edge to it.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar