Author Topic: Official '19-'20 NHL Thread - v. Hedman is a cupman.  (Read 64848 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Official '19-'20 NHL Thread - v. Postseason coming finally?!
« Reply #945 on: August 13, 2020, 04:32:30 PM »
Jeesh Gary. Go cry in your Stanley Cup, man.

Git ur head out your ass man... all this "what could've been" talk is nothing but wishful thinking.

I know, I know......that's the last time I'll whine about it.

I was just lamenting the fact that they were in sync and playing the style of game perfectly that won them a cup....their opponents were beat up and they looked good.

I get that didn’t mean an automatic Cup or appearance in the Final but it was more likely than not.

:lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #946 on: August 13, 2020, 05:02:44 PM »
 :rollin :rollin  Not even 2 hours!   :rollin :rollin
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #947 on: August 13, 2020, 05:10:29 PM »
The Habs release a press release because Claude Julian has a heart condition and Kirk Mueller who won a Stanley Cup with the Habs is the intern and they apologize because he doesn't speak French.

What a bunch of A-Holes that they have to have a preemptive strike on this in a press release.
In case you didn't know, Quebec is horribly over protective of their French language and culture. They have strict laws about all things non-french.

The media there mercilessly trolled Randy Cunneyworth when he took over mid season as interim coach because he couldn't speak French.

I mean I've been looking at various wiki pages on hockey stuff and people in Montreal caused a riot in the 50s because their beloved Maurice Richard got suspended for the rest of the season (including playoffs) for attacking a referee and they thought the severity of the suspension was mainly due to Richard being French Canadian.  I wouldn't want to piss those guys off especially if it's due to their ethnicity.  Those guys can cause a riot at a drop, particularly in the early 90s (GNR/Metallica show in 1992 and when the Canadiens won the cup in 1993 against the Kings....)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #948 on: August 13, 2020, 05:28:20 PM »
Oh hell yeah. I've seen the riots. I had a scary moment that I disarmed years ago at the old forum.

I was 18 and went up at the group or friends to party as all 18 year olds do. I with a cup all the friends went to the Habs versus Nordiques.

I braved the forum wearing a Bruins T-shirt. I got cussed out in guys screaming at me. I knew a little French so I started talking to them and told them even know where enemies on the ice I still love the NHL and to experience these 2 teams playing together was quite a spectacle.

After that they were cool with me and we drink beers together. I was pretty drunk because they bought a shipload of years for me. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #949 on: August 13, 2020, 06:02:24 PM »
God I love your typing, Joe.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #950 on: August 13, 2020, 06:18:15 PM »

After that they were cool with me and we drink beers together. I was pretty drunk because they bought a shipload of years for me. Lol

WTF??  :lol

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #951 on: August 13, 2020, 06:21:31 PM »
:rollin :rollin  Not even 2 hours!   :rollin :rollin

Hey now.....I was explaining myself to SchecterShredder.......that doesn't count   

Starting...............now.....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #952 on: August 13, 2020, 06:40:05 PM »
Holy hell, Bruins without Pasta because he hurt himself jumping in celebration. I almost feel bad for the Bruins, that's insane.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #953 on: August 13, 2020, 07:29:20 PM »

I did talk to text. I just said fuck it, it's too long to type in my phone and fuck it, I won't read it before I hit send. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #954 on: August 13, 2020, 08:26:35 PM »
I have to say that Andrei Svechnikov has been damn impressive for the Canes.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #955 on: August 13, 2020, 09:05:24 PM »

I did talk to text. I just said fuck it, it's too long to type in my phone and fuck it, I won't read it before I hit send. Lol

Ain’t no phone invented that can accurately decipher Bostonian! 

I almost feel bad for the Bruins, that's insane.

Not me.  Not ever.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #956 on: August 14, 2020, 06:57:45 PM »
Apparently I haven't been paying attention, as I couldn't tell you the last Canucks game I've seen, but Jakob Markstom is a fucking monster! How big is he?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #957 on: August 14, 2020, 07:09:42 PM »
Tim, what do you think of Rask's comments after the game?  Totally out of touch who reminds me of Price. Great talent, head full of bullshit. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #958 on: August 14, 2020, 07:18:59 PM »
Tim, what do you think of Rask's comments after the game?  Totally out of touch who reminds me of Price. Great talent, head full of bullshit.

Really strange. I didn't make the connection to Price. Tuukka is not a douche.

I think what he was trying to say was that they're still searching for their game and it isn't so much about the results, but how they are playing. But Earth to Tuukka....it IS about results. I think they are pretty overconfident about this round. They're still treating it like a tune up.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #959 on: August 14, 2020, 07:50:46 PM »
Tuuka always seems disconnected to what his fans feel.  He is so about himself that he comes off poorly.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #960 on: August 14, 2020, 07:55:56 PM »
Tuuka always seems disconnected to what his fans feel.  He is so about himself that he comes off poorly.

He's not a dirt dog. He's had a borderline HOF career, but Boston just doesn't feel him. They want to know that you are just as sickened by every loss as we are, and he just won't give in to that.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #961 on: August 14, 2020, 08:05:18 PM »
Fine but that's why he will always be borderline.   No cup, no fire, no HOF.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #962 on: August 14, 2020, 08:09:22 PM »
Fine but that's why he will always be borderline.   No cup, no fire, no HOF.

I don't think fire has anything to do with it. I just think in Boston, his demeanor doesn't translate. I'm sure he'd be fine in most other cities.

In a way, I think the Championship thing is a bit overrated. Are you really going to hold that against Carey Price?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #963 on: August 14, 2020, 08:12:47 PM »
I think you are wrong. He is beyond talented but drive is something the greats have. He shows none of that and what he said speaks to it. All pros are counseled on what to say.

No way his speech is what he's taught.

Do you hear that type of speach from Bergeron?  From Chara?

The answer is no.  Btw, both will be HOF'ers.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #964 on: August 14, 2020, 08:21:57 PM »
I think his demeanor doesn't help, but I'm not going to sit here and say he is not driven. I mean, he may not be, but there's really no way to get in his head. You can choose to believe he is not driven, and you may be right, but I don't know..I'm not making that judgement.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #965 on: August 14, 2020, 08:36:29 PM »
I believe that a pro who openly admits that no fans makes it feels like a pre season game during a pandemic in the gift that is the playoffs is a selfish human who can't be an adult and not admit it to his fan base.

That should say it all.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #966 on: August 14, 2020, 08:40:52 PM »
I swear Barry Trotz just pulled Todd Rierdon's pants down, put him over his knee, and spanked him.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #967 on: August 14, 2020, 08:43:28 PM »
 :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #968 on: August 15, 2020, 05:00:58 AM »
In a way, I think the Championship thing is a bit overrated. Are you really going to hold that against Carey Price?

Yes. Frankly, I don’t see what the hubub is with respect to Price. He’s a top tier talent of this generation, but I’ve never felt he’s a great of all time. And if CuJo ain’t in the HOF, I don’t see how Price gets there.

I swear Barry Trotz just pulled Todd Rierdon's pants down, put him over his knee, and spanked him.

Trotz is the best coach in the game today, IMO.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #969 on: August 15, 2020, 06:14:47 AM »
Sorry, wrong Price.  I was talking David Price and his mentality.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #970 on: August 15, 2020, 08:46:18 AM »
HOLY SHIT!!!

Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask opts out of NHL’s return to play

Sportsnet Staff
August 15, 2020, 10:28 AM
Boston Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask has opted out of the NHL’s post-season, the team announced Saturday.

“I want to be with my teammates competing, but at this moment there are things more important than hockey in my life, and that is being with my family,” Rask said via a press release.

“I want to thank the Bruins and my teammates for their support and wish them success.”

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #971 on: August 15, 2020, 08:49:39 AM »
Oh my goodness.  Well, I don't want to write the Bruins off yet.  Their backup is Jaroslav Halak, right?  They should be ok for now.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #972 on: August 15, 2020, 09:03:01 AM »
So Tim, what do you say now about his comments?

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #973 on: August 15, 2020, 09:05:14 AM »
With a newborn and another young child at home, he clearly wasn’t mentally ‘there’. Frankly, I’m surprised there aren’t more situations like this.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #974 on: August 15, 2020, 10:00:26 AM »
Most bow out earlier. You could hear it in his interview after the game he was mentally out.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #975 on: August 15, 2020, 10:35:23 AM »
So Tim, what do you say now about his comments?

I knew that was coming.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #976 on: August 15, 2020, 10:36:32 AM »
With the first pick in the expansion draft, the Seattle Kraken choose Tuukka Rask.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #977 on: August 15, 2020, 11:03:15 AM »
With a newborn and another young child at home, he clearly wasn’t mentally ‘there’. Frankly, I’m surprised there aren’t more situations like this.

It’s going on with St. Louis. Petrangelo has young triplets and his wife is due to give birth in a month.....and you can see he’s not all there. Barbachev left for the delivery of his baby and there were several players lamenting the fact they’d be cut off from their families.

Every player is going through it. The team and players who buy in all the way will do well. I’m not sure there is a total but in on the StL team.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #978 on: August 16, 2020, 07:23:43 AM »

It’s going on with St. Louis. Petrangelo has young triplets and his wife is due to give birth in a month.....and you can see he’s not all there.

Great foresight by the refs to screw his wife 8 months ago to set this up. When I say the officials are committed to fucking the Blues I mean it!
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #979 on: August 16, 2020, 08:13:20 AM »

It’s going on with St. Louis. Petrangelo has young triplets and his wife is due to give birth in a month.....and you can see he’s not all there.

Great foresight by the refs to screw his wife 8 months ago to set this up. When I say the officials are committed to fucking the Blues I mean it!

:lol   The league is committed to sticking it to the Blues.

But seriously......you’d think a lot of the players time their kids coming into the world to happen during the off-season.....which would be now. I’d think we’d see more players maybe opting to be home for their kids birth?