Author Topic: Official '19-'20 NHL Thread - v. Hedman is a cupman.  (Read 64987 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Official '19-'20 NHL Thread - v. Reliving the Leafs getting clowned
« Reply #630 on: March 23, 2020, 07:47:32 PM »
The '13 finals was one of the best series I've ever seen. The Bruins gagged it at the end of Game 6. They were so beat up by the end of that series. Chara on one leg, Bergeron with a busted spleen.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #631 on: March 23, 2020, 07:55:55 PM »
The Vegas/Sharks Game 7 is on NBC. Good lord......did Vegas get the utter shaft on that Pavelski call. It’s exactly how I remembered it....horse poo
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #632 on: March 23, 2020, 07:56:37 PM »
Yeah, a brutal call.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #633 on: March 23, 2020, 08:02:37 PM »
Yeah, a brutal call.

Pavelski was dead tired because he’d been out there for a solid two minutes.....gets toasted off the face off and can’t handle a common shove from Eakin and loses balance.

Horrific, inexcusable call.

Online dparrott

« Reply #634 on: April 03, 2020, 11:49:33 AM »
If the Sharks can't make the playoffs, NO ONE CAN!!!!!  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal  :lol :lol :lol :lol

Seriously though, I'm glad this season was cut short.  California teams were the worst.   :loser:
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #636 on: April 09, 2020, 07:35:17 AM »
I still say the safe and smart thing to do is just cancel the season and declare last year's champs this year's as well.  :biggrin:

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #637 on: April 09, 2020, 08:00:44 AM »
I still say the safe and smart thing to do is just cancel the season and declare last year's champs this year's as well.  :biggrin: hope that the '20/'21 season can start in October as usual.

Fix'd.

Oh, and 30,000 posts, bitches.   :metal
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #638 on: April 09, 2020, 08:03:51 AM »
I still say the safe and smart thing to do is just cancel the season and declare last year's champs this year's as well.  :biggrin:

Nope.  B's were on a damn roll. 

I still say the safe and smart thing to do is just cancel the season and declare last year's champs this year's as well.  :biggrin: hope that the '20/'21 season can start in October as usual.

Fix'd.

Oh, and 30,000 posts, bitches.   :metal
Very fitting on the hockey thread! :metal
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 09:03:47 AM by kingshmegland »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #639 on: April 09, 2020, 08:58:30 AM »
Interesting.

https://www.tsn.ca/seravalli-how-a-68-game-rollback-might-be-nhl-s-most-fair-standings-format-1.1464422

I NEED HOCKEY!!!

That’d screw the Blues who led the Central for the bulk of the season and are leading it....yet at (68) games that’s in the small window of a couple games where the Avs were on top by a point.

Points percentage is the way to go.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #640 on: April 09, 2020, 10:13:01 AM »
Interesting.

https://www.tsn.ca/seravalli-how-a-68-game-rollback-might-be-nhl-s-most-fair-standings-format-1.1464422

I NEED HOCKEY!!!

That’d screw the Blues who led the Central for the bulk of the season and are leading it....yet at (68) games that’s in the small window of a couple games where the Avs were on top by a point.

Points percentage is the way to go.

Yeah, but as a fan that does not have a horse for the playoffs, I would like to see Battle of Alberta and Pens/Caps in 1st round.  Although, the other system gives us Flyers/Pens which is also a nice rivalry to watch.

Online pg1067

« Reply #641 on: April 10, 2020, 11:09:17 AM »
I was going through a drawer where I keep programs from sporting events.  I have a program from a December 1992 game between the Kings and Whalers.  Inside the program was this:

So...who you got?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #642 on: April 10, 2020, 02:29:05 PM »
Oh wow! Cool!

Wales:

Lemieux
Neely
Jagr
Bourque
Stevens
Roy

Campbell:
Gretzky
Bure
Linden
Blake
Chelios
Belfour

Online pg1067

« Reply #643 on: April 10, 2020, 04:55:34 PM »
Some of those names really took me back -- especially names like Zarley Zalapski, whom I only really knew because of his funny name.

Also, I didn't remember that Tampa Bay started out in the Campbell Conference.

I like your selections, except that Gretzky was injured a good chunk of the 92-93 season, so I'd probably pick Yzerman or Gilmour.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #644 on: April 10, 2020, 05:29:45 PM »
I like your selections, except that Gretzky was injured a good chunk of the 92-93 season, so I'd probably pick Yzerman or Gilmour.

I don't remember that. I didn't see Yzerman's name on there for some reason, and I was actually questioning it. I'm good with Yzerman.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #645 on: April 10, 2020, 07:11:38 PM »
That was the year Gilmour was on fire, breaking the Leafs franchise record for points (127) in a season, and finished second to Lemieux for the Hart Trophy.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online pg1067

« Reply #646 on: April 10, 2020, 07:14:37 PM »
That was the year Gilmour was on fire, breaking the Leafs franchise record for points (127) in a season, and finished second to Lemieux for the Hart Trophy.

He was an absolute beast in the 93 Campbell Conference Finals against the Kings.  That was an epic series!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #647 on: April 11, 2020, 05:16:02 AM »

He was an absolute beast in the 93 Campbell Conference Finals against the Kings.  That was an epic series!

TSN aired game 6 a couple weeks back.  I recorded it, and still have to find the time to go back to it.

Kerry fucking Fraser.   >:(

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #648 on: April 11, 2020, 08:12:50 AM »
1993 was perhaps the first of many gut punches I got as far as being a Blues fan and dealing with playoff losses (everything else prior was when I was younger and not as emotionally invested).  After sweeping the Hawks in the first round and seeing CuJo continue to playing like a beast for most of the Toronto series in round 2, we got to Game 7 and got wiped out 6-0. 

The 90's gave me a lot of great moments that are still among my favorite Blues moments ever (although many of them got demoted after last year :lol), but they also gave me more crushing moments than I care to remember.  :facepalm: :facepalm:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #649 on: April 11, 2020, 10:34:16 AM »
1993 was perhaps the first of many gut punches I got as far as being a Blues fan and dealing with playoff losses (everything else prior was when I was younger and not as emotionally invested).  After sweeping the Hawks in the first round and seeing CuJo continue to playing like a beast for most of the Toronto series in round 2, we got to Game 7 and got wiped out 6-0. 

The 90's gave me a lot of great moments that are still among my favorite Blues moments ever (although many of them got demoted after last year :lol), but they also gave me more crushing moments than I care to remember.  :facepalm: :facepalm:

I think whoever won after that 2OT game 6 was gonna win the series.  That wrap-around is etched in every Leafs fan's memory.

Online pg1067

« Reply #650 on: April 11, 2020, 12:17:21 PM »

In the same drawer where I found that '93 ASG ballot, I also found a program from game for of the '98 first rounds series between the Kings and Blues.   >:( >:( >:(

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #651 on: April 11, 2020, 02:06:32 PM »
Is anyone else making picks??

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #652 on: April 11, 2020, 02:29:04 PM »
I'm trying to remember who was having killer years in '92/'93 without going to hockey-reference, so this is me wingin it.

Wales:
Mogilny
Sundin
Lafontaine (since this was Lemieux's Hodgkins year)
Bourque
Leetch
Roy

Campbell:
Hull
Robitaille (though Bure was a very close 3rd)
Gilmour
Belfour
MacInnis
Coffey

And in checking the actual starting lineup, I'm 3/6 on Wales (Roy, Leetch and Bourque - Leetch was voted in, but unable to play due to injury); 3/6 on Campbell (Coffey, Hull, Belfour).  Coulda been 4/6 if I went with Bure.

Also, Neely is a bit of a homer pick - he didn't even make the team, let alone the starting lineup!  Then again, neither did Sundin (nor MacInnis for that matter  :omg:)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #653 on: April 11, 2020, 04:34:53 PM »
Colby Cave passed away. Very sad.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/the-nhl-needed-players-like-colby-cave-that-makes-his-death-even-more-tragic/ar-BB12tIbx?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=edgsp

I saw him a few times in Providence and he was easily the best player on the ice. The B's lineup is tough to crack though.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #654 on: April 11, 2020, 04:36:11 PM »

Also, Neely is a bit of a homer pick

Yeah I guess. And again without going to hockey reference...

Neely was a fucking beast.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #655 on: April 11, 2020, 05:06:19 PM »

Also, Neely is a bit of a homer pick

Yeah I guess. And again without going to hockey reference...

Neely was a fucking beast.

I agree... he was one of my favorite goal-scorers growing up.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #656 on: April 21, 2020, 07:23:46 PM »
NESN has been showing every game of the 2011 Cup run. Game 7 in Vancouver is on tonight, and they have the whole team on a Zoom "Locker Room Time Machine"

https://nesn.com/2020/04/bruins-chat-live-stream-watch-2011-bs-relive-stanley-cup-game-7-win-over-canucks/

Pretty much everyone is on except for Horton.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 07:35:21 PM by TAC »

Online pg1067

« Reply #657 on: April 22, 2020, 09:33:50 AM »

Pretty much everyone is on except for Horton.

Hoo?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #658 on: April 22, 2020, 09:34:18 AM »
Hah!

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #659 on: April 22, 2020, 07:17:54 PM »
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #661 on: April 27, 2020, 04:34:09 PM »
Would someone in Chicago please explain what this means?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/blackhawks-fire-president-ceo-john-mcdonough/ar-BB13hFj3?li=BBnbfcL

I'm not from Chicago, but I think it means he doesn't have a job anymore.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #662 on: April 27, 2020, 04:39:50 PM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/blackhawks-fire-president-ceo-john-mcdonough/ar-BB13hFj3?li=BBnbfcL

I think it's code for "Our team has been sucking now and we are turfing a scapegoat in upper office to see if we can regain our former glory again."  Then again, I can never understand what the CEO/President of a team does that's different than what GMs do.

Online pg1067

« Reply #663 on: April 28, 2020, 10:52:54 AM »

I think it's code for "Our team has been sucking now and we are turfing a scapegoat in upper office to see if we can regain our former glory again."  Then again, I can never understand what the CEO/President of a team does that's different than what GMs do.

Well...I imagine it's different from team to team, but using the LA Kings as an example, the GM is Rob Blake, and the President is Luc Robitaille.  Blake is the highest ranking guy in the organization in terms of hockey operations and the conduct of the team.  While he reports to Robitaille, Robitaille has little or no say in hockey decisions.  Rather, Robitaille oversees the team's business operations (tickets, stadium operations, advertising, etc.).  If the Kings were to fire Robitaille, it would would have little or no impact on the hockey operations.  Again, I have no idea whether other teams are organized in the same way.

By the way, Fox Sports started running all of the games from the 2012 Stanley Cup Final against the Devils.  I watched the third period and overtime of game 1 last night.  The Kopitar game winner and Justin Williams's assist that set it up were things of beauty!

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #664 on: April 28, 2020, 11:50:44 AM »
Nope, no they weren't  >:(
Photobucket sucks.